Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Reading this thread has made me feel a lot healthier.
    If I'd avoided contact sports, I'd be a lot "healthier". Other than old and persistent injuries, everything still works OK.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #32
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,045
    Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Hospitalized due to rabid coyote attack in 5th grade. Knocked a front tooth out at the root while wrestling on a linoleum floor. Had my nose torn open when a kick collapsed my fencing mask into my face in a Dog Brothers fight. Broke a rib when someone landed on me during a sacrifice throw. Impinged a nerve in my arm falling while street paddleboarding and had to use a sling for a month. Got a light concussion from a head kick.

    Not too bad compared to some of you guys.
    Can't believe I'm the first one to up vote this. Fighting rabid coyotes at what, eleven years old? You are the man.

  3. #33
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,045
    Style
    judo hiatus
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    The torn dick

    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I'm definitely NOT asking for visual proof, but I'm afraid we're going to need a story on that one.
    Had to call my mother to ask how old I was although I remember it vividly. I've always been one to camp out on the crapper. Reading at times until my feet go to sleep. What I was doing at around four years of age I don't know. We had one bathroom in that house. My younger sister who would have been about 2-3 at the time really needed to go. She told me this, in that little girl's gotta pee voice. Nothing. Mom tells me to hurry up, Jana needs to go. Okay Mom. Nothing. Sister starting to cry.

    Mom enters with a belt. Now that was probably the first time I'd had a belt pulled on me. I'm sure she wasn't going to hit me as later, the rare corporal punishment was handed out by my dad. Still, apparently her bluff was enough. I bailed. Why I dove for the bathtub beside the toilet I don't know but it was as far away as I was going to get in that small bathroom. My junk got caught against the inside edge of the toilet seat and ripped that baby at the root. Not bad, but enough to bleed profusely. Probably profusely as I was running around the house bleeding on the hard wood floor.

    Happens my paternal grandparents were visiting from out of town. Between Mom and Granny Bill (Willie, beloved and called Bill by everyone) they caught me, loaded my wounded self, sister and headed to the pediatrician. This guys seen me before for stitches. I'm active. Mom approaches the office and as quietly as possible explains the problem. I'm seen after a short wait and given four stitches. Whiskers they were called. Only adolescent in the neighborhood with pubes.

    Add deer tine to the anus to my list. Not really an injury, no trip to the doctor (probably a good call). Never pretend your father's lawn mower is a dune buggy. Leaning against the handle with a bucket of deer antlers (used for rattling) below is hazardous. You can only lean back so far.

  4. #34
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Had to call my mother to ask how old I was although I remember it vividly. I've always been one to camp out on the crapper. Reading at times until my feet go to sleep. What I was doing at around four years of age I don't know. We had one bathroom in that house. My younger sister who would have been about 2-3 at the time really needed to go. She told me this, in that little girl's gotta pee voice. Nothing. Mom tells me to hurry up, Jana needs to go. Okay Mom. Nothing. Sister starting to cry.

    Mom enters with a belt. Now that was probably the first time I'd had a belt pulled on me. I'm sure she wasn't going to hit me as later, the rare corporal punishment was handed out by my dad. Still, apparently her bluff was enough. I bailed. Why I dove for the bathtub beside the toilet I don't know but it was as far away as I was going to get in that small bathroom. My junk got caught against the inside edge of the toilet seat and ripped that baby at the root. Not bad, but enough to bleed profusely. Probably profusely as I was running around the house bleeding on the hard wood floor.

    Happens my paternal grandparents were visiting from out of town. Between Mom and Granny Bill (Willie, beloved and called Bill by everyone) they caught me, loaded my wounded self, sister and headed to the pediatrician. This guys seen me before for stitches. I'm active. Mom approaches the office and as quietly as possible explains the problem. I'm seen after a short wait and given four stitches. Whiskers they were called. Only adolescent in the neighborhood with pubes.

    Add deer tine to the anus to my list. Not really an injury, no trip to the doctor (probably a good call). Never pretend your father's lawn mower is a dune buggy. Leaning against the handle with a bucket of deer antlers (used for rattling) below is hazardous. You can only lean back so far.
    Joe you win.

    Mods please come up with an appropriate tag for Joe.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #35
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,361
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Can't believe I'm the first one to up vote this. Fighting rabid coyotes at what, eleven years old? You are the man.
    I remember kicking it in the head, and the impact didn't even make it blink.

  6. #36
    PDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,507
    Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    What's the difference?
    Money
    King without a crown

  7. #37
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,264
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    If I'd avoided contact sports, I'd be a lot "healthier". Other than old and persistent injuries, everything still works OK.
    Yeah but you wouldn't be the Judo wrecking machine that you are now. It's a funny one. When I was in my twenties I had a desk job and looked like I was a knackered 40 year old. Then I got an extremely arduous outdoors job and I looked like a healthy 20 year old again. Now I'm in the army in my 30's, I look like I'm twenty but feel like I'm 60.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  8. #38
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,611
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Yeah but you wouldn't be the Judo wrecking machine that you are now. It's a funny one. When I was in my twenties I had a desk job and looked like I was a knackered 40 year old. Then I got an extremely arduous outdoors job and I looked like a healthy 20 year old again. Now I'm in the army in my 30's, I look like I'm twenty but feel like I'm 60.
    I'm a wrecked, former judo wrecking machine...

    I still do Judo and BJJ, but I don't do much wrecking anymore.

    I'm 55, and I often wonder how 60 is going to feel...ouch...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    521
    Style
    Muay Thai
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Back when I was doing parkour a guy I was training with tried to jump to a platform, undershot, put a fucking massive dent in his shin, refused to tell anyone because he was worried his mum wouldn't let him train anymore if she found out and ended up in hospital with an infection.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in