Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    We can reach him from Seoul. We can reach him from Japan. Hell, we can reach him from here. (edit: it's 6600 miles from St. Louis to Pyongyang; a Minuteman missile has a published range of over 8,000 miles)

Don't forget bout lil ole us, out here in the middle of the ocean...

...when Oahu is ranked by number of military personnel, it comes in at No. 4, behind No. 1 Virginia Beach-Norfolk with 79,770 armed forces members, the San Diego-Carlsbad area in California with 77,935 armed forces members, and the Washington, D.C., area with 47,837 members of the military.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/...tary-work.html

We have a few things that go bang, and the means to distribute.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also have it on good authority that a few of our subs are right in his backyard, so I doubt they would ever get to know if their weapons even made it to target.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    I have read some of the articles at the time and get the impression that there was something about the US behaviour at the time that lead to the Koreans feel that an attempted regime change was in planning/progress.

Now that could just be bullshit BUT it is not unlikely considering Americas history of regime change and most of all it's actually a good idea .

Regardless , how long should one not discuss matters.

Not talking to them has not stopped them developing nukes which was the reason for not talking .
    http://www.nytimes.com/1994/10/19/wo...pagewanted=all

We gave them oil. They continued to be the number one counterfeiter of US $100 bills. I have faith that continued negotiations will work.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes but the US cannot strike first with nukes.

There would be civil war if it did even if it had good reason I suspect.

The only option would be to retaliate and I am pretty sure the Koreans know exactly who and what they could hit and although that is not the US it will be somebody and that would be really really bad.

I don't want to see Korea wiped out there people are victims of shitheads.

Rightly or wrongly I do not feel that Koreans would be so difficult to bring round to South Korea's way of life if the leaders were gone or deposed or whatever , Isis on the other hand may need a good deal of vaporisation to see the error of their ways but I don't know.
    Last edited by PDA; 8/29/2017 4:45pm at .
    King without a crown

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I also have it on good authority that a few of our subs are right in his backyard, so I doubt they would ever get to know if their weapons even made it to target.
    Also, I imagine half the boomers out of Kitsap are on regular duty in westpac.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There would be civil was if it did even if it had good reason I suspect.

The only option would be to retaliate and I am pretty sure the Koreans know exactly who and what they could hit and although that is the US it will be somebody and that would be really really bad.

Rightly or wrongly I do not feel that Koreans would be so difficult to bring round to South Korea's way of life if the leaders were gone or deposed or whatever , Isis on the other hand may need a good deal of vaporisation to see the error of their ways but I don't know.

It's only the nuke card that even gets them to the table.
    We'd ignore them otherwise.

Re isis et al, amazing how far backwards a place can go in such short time.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There would be civil was if it did even if it had good reason I suspect.

The only option would be to retaliate and I am pretty sure the Koreans know exactly who and what they could hit and although that is the US it will be somebody and that would be really really bad.

Agreed. Dennis Rodman as a ninja is the obvious answer. Exploding basketball for the win. Dennis would probably be collateral damage. I think the world could live with that. The Japanese could sleep at night.

Chuck Norris for new Supreme Leader. Reunification between the north and south.

I hear there are still a good many positions vacant in the current administration. Anyone here put in a word for me?

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I generally agree with this sentiment. You can probably even remove the "with nukes," part. We don't currently have the collective stomach for initiating military action. I'm undecided, as yet, if that's a good thing.

It's hard to know for sure, but I believe that the average Joe N. Korea (or N. Korea Joe, right?) would ever be able to adapt to free society. Remember the Iron Curtain? DPRK's curtain is lead, or something denser. Freeing them would be a multi-generational effort, at the very least. Brainwashed doesn't cover it, these people don't know any better, and Pyongyang's primary goal is to keep them in the dark.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to ask this but on the Trump thread but did not want to derail.

Is refusing to negotiate ever a good idea?

I am looking at North Korea and even Isis and wondering surely there must be some merit in opening diplomatic channels even if it is only to get a better understanding of the individuals holding the power.

there does not have to be a commitment to achieve anything so I am not sure this policy isn't just perpetuating this problems .

Some people just can't be bullied into submission especially not fanatics and especially when despite the might of the bigger guy his hands are tied so he cannot unleash that which makes him stronger anyway.
    Already negotiated with DPRNK, look what that got us...

Negotiate with ISIS? Even if they would, same results ad DPRNK at best...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pursuading NK leadership to concede and slowly educate its people out their coma loos like the only possible way it could have a peaceful conclusion without something internally happening.

I don't know if that is possible but refusing any diplomatic ties with them is not going to find out.
    Trust takes time and as they are officially still at war it's not going to be easy.

Not talking is moving further and further towards nuclear war.

With regards Isis there must be generals (equivalent) that have had enough or are disillusioned but have no choice but to press on less they face horrible murder.

We can't find out without talking.

I think I read something once about an attempt in Hitler's life with the allied plan to make Rommel the new leader as he was for want of a better term considered a moderate Nazi .
    King without a crown

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last