Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    It was not a statement of fact however I am posing you with a question with which to analyse your own behaviour.

I know allot of thugs and they all get into considerably more street fights than the non thugish of society and they all generally hit first.

From what I have observed of their thuggery first hand if they did not hit first they would have had considerably less "street fights" .

Boxing can be good for multiple attackers but I am getting the impression you would be better of in Krav Maga .
    Looking back, I can see how I may have sounded like the aggressor ('its going down'), I apologise, I should have made it clearer that I meant when all else had failed (talking, trying to reason with them, trying to back away, etc) and it was clearly going to come to a physical confrontation.

I have considered Krav Maga in the past, but several reasons I haven't picked it up:

1) It has limited use against a trained opponent
    2) It is bloody costly here in Australia

Have you heard any good things about Target Focus Training? How does it compare to Krav Maga? On paper at least, they sound similar.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Hey RedHero - welcome to Bullshido.

You might want to consider doing a proven effective martial art like Aikido? It will help you transcend from being a thug into an enlightened martial artist, a true discipline of Bushido. After all, martial arts are ultimately about making you a better person not someone who just mindlessly hits people
    Hmm. At least you tried :D Thanks for the welcome.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Hey RedHero - welcome to Bullshido.

You might want to consider doing a proven effective martial art like Aikido? It will help you transcend from being a thug into an enlightened martial artist, a true discipline of Bushido. After all, martial arts are ultimately about making you a better person not someone who just mindlessly hits people
    Yes but Aikido is male dominated , Krav Maga is much better suited for females.
    King without a crown

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedHero View Post
    Looking back, I can see how I may have sounded like the aggressor ('its going down'), I apologise, I should have made it clearer that I meant when all else had failed (talking, trying to reason with them, trying to back away, etc) and it was clearly going to come to a physical confrontation.

I have considered Krav Maga in the past, but several reasons I haven't picked it up:

1) It has limited use against a trained opponent
    2) It is bloody costly here in Australia

Have you heard any good things about Target Focus Training? How does it compare to Krav Maga? On paper at least, they sound similar.
    I have not heard much other than what I have just read.
    On the surface there doesnt seam to be much between them.

When you say that Krav is not good against a trained opponent, trained in what exactly?
    King without a crown

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not heard much other than what I have just read.
    On the surface there doesnt seam to be much between them.

When you say that Krav is not good against a trained opponent, trained in what exactly?
    Just off the top of my head, KM was designed to train a soldier with zero close quarter combat to 'battle ready state' in the quickest manner possible.

Thus the average KM practitioner would struggle against an average MMA practitioner for example.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedHero View Post
    Just off the top of my head, KM was designed to train a soldier with zero close quarter combat to 'battle ready state' in the quickest manner possible.

Thus the average KM practitioner would struggle against an average MMA practitioner for example.
    Why not your average alley scrapper or roughian? Some of those fellows fight just as well as amature fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Why not your average alley scrapper or roughian? Some of those fellows fight just as well as amature fighters.
    Hell they often are or were amature fighters... now that I think about it. The talent pool for foolhardy asskickers isn't all that deep in most places.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 8/29/2017 7:51am at . Reason: clarity
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My two cents:

I think that if you need something for a situation where, say, a bunch of people who drank too much assaults you, big differences in techniques will not be very important, it will be more something like learning decent punches, kicks, how to defend from a grappling situation, get used to some beating, etc.

Krav maga would be good if they keep the training realistic, so would more or less any other martial art as long as they train realistic.

If you want something that train you against "trained opponents", it depends in what they are trained in. If you train against people who punch you, this will be useless against people who try to throw you; if you train to defend a double leg, this will be useless to defend from a seoi nage or an osotogari.

I think that thinking in terms of "good techniques" is not a good idea, it leads to the idea that a martial art is a bag of magic tricks.

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically you want something that will help you against multiple attackers trained in MMA.

You my friend are only going to find that in one place, Ninjitsu.

Of course you will have to research pretty hard to make sure you find the real Ninjitsu and not that watered down larper dog ****.

But I am pretty sure that only the Ninja can deal with that kind of adversity hence why so many of them have trained special forces.
    King without a crown

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically you want something that will help you against multiple attackers trained in MMA.

You my friend are only going to find that in one place, Ninjitsu.

Of course you will have to research pretty hard to make sure you find the real Ninjitsu and not that watered down larper dog ****.

But I am pretty sure that only the Ninja can deal with that kind of adversity hence why so many of them have trained special forces.
    1.FMAs and two good steel batons.

2.Tactical Tazer lessons and a tazer.

3.Random Pistol and all the ammo that will fit.

4.Ninpo Taijutsu.

Roll a four sided die, pick that Skill(s) or Item(s) and the ones below it on the list for your new hero.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 2 of 11 First 123456 ... Last