Page 1 of 2 12 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Review on combat shuai chiao dvd's?

Hello,

Has anyone purchased the dvd's from combat shuai chiao homepage and if so, what do you think of the content?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Vasquinho

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This?

Trash. If you see somebody telling you to respond to a punch by catching it, they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Run, don't walk, as far away as you can.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ermghoti, thanks for your reply. I am wanting to find a good grappling art to combine with my muay thai. Maybe I should just do Sanda or combine with judo?

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanda and muay Thai have a lot of overlap, I wouldn't think you'd be adding much more than some kick catches and some throws. Judo would be the better option if you prefer stand-up, BJJ if you'd like to hone your groundwork.

More importantly, it's virtually impossible to learn any martial art from videos, you'll need instruction and training partners, arguably moreso with grappling or throwing than with striking.

DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasquinho View Post
    ermghoti, thanks for your reply. I am wanting to find a good grappling art to combine with my muay thai. Maybe I should just do Sanda or combine with judo?
    Ive dabble in Shuai Jiao (Boading line) and frankly you'd have an easier time finding Judo. Shuai Jiao is very much the same thing minus ground fighting. I know theres some Shuai schools who use striking and traditional stuff but the bulk of competition is grappling and you'll have your striking from Muay Thai so yeah you'll be fine.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I was about to go look, but I saw some competition videos that features decent throws. The "combat" stuff all seems to be polluted with demos comprised of the typical attacker that freezes and receives a dozen low percentage techniques and then dies.

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Yeah, I was about to go look, but I saw some competition videos that features decent throws. The "combat" stuff all seems to be polluted with demos comprised of the typical attacker that freezes and receives a dozen low percentage techniques and then dies.
    Dim Mak confirmed?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply. Why my interest with shuai jiao is because I get the feeling that they stand more than judo? Every time I watch a judo video they are both falling to the ground.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reply. Why my interest with shuai jiao is because I get the feeling that they stand more than judo? Every time I watch a judo video they are both falling to the ground.
    That's because it is REALLY difficult to throw an intelligently resisting opponent who does not want to be thrown AND remain standing if they are anywhere near as good as you.
    The trick is not to stay standing, the trick is to go to the ground in the fashion that you choose and end in the position that you choose. And even that doesn't work out that way sometimes.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Judo were easy they would call it kung-fu.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last