Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
  1. #91

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I sent you an invite too, I am definitely being literal.

    If he ties? Ties what?

    For someone that is the self-commissioned arbiter of editorial standards, yours suck.
    Editorial standards means fact checking and fixing mistakes. Bullshido.net needs people who work at both.

    You know who wrote and never made a typing mistake? The Unabomber. See the problem? NO EDITOR.

    As you can see, I already fixed mine.

    Now, I'll fix yours:

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I sent you an invite too; I am definitely being literal.

    If he ties? Ties what?

    For someone who is a self-commissioned arbiter of editorial standards, yours suck.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/28/2017 9:22pm at .

  2. #92
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,473
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My usage of 'that' and 'the' were fine, considering 'that', as a relative pronoun, is perfectly acceptable, AND you are the only one who is claiming they are looking after Bullshido's editorial standards, hence 'the'. Might be a little different where you're from, though, so I'll give you a pass.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    My usage of 'that' and 'the' were fine, considering 'that', as a relative pronoun, is perfectly acceptable, AND you are the only one who is claiming they are looking after Bullshido's editorial standards, hence 'the'. Might be a little different where you're from, though, so I'll give you a pass.
    Pronouns in general can be ambiguous, so "who" is a better choice because it's more specific. "who" is just easier to read for the average reader. "Who" is always a person, "that" can be anything.

    "the" is just logically wrong, I'm hardly the only one unless you don't give a **** about Bullshido.net's posting and error correction standards. You ARE aware they exist, right? Of course you do, you're one of the last moderators standing.

    You can't just poop nonsense on BS all day long...there's a price, barbarian.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/28/2017 9:52pm at .

  4. #94
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,473
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your pedantry is wrong.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    321
    Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    SneakyGoblin apologized already. He even sent me a Friend invite.

    I think he was being literal about wanting to **** me.

    If he tries, I'm going to cut his pecker off with my Wu-Tang sword.
    Incorrect.

    I sent you a friend request, which you accepted, after you replied to my introduction thread. I sent a request to everyone that replied to my thread. After this **** show, I removed you from my friends list.

    I also wasn't apologizing to you. **** off.

    Please note the wording.... '**** off' not '**** you'. I chose that wording specifically. On the one hand it drops the implication that you are an object of carnal desire for me. On the other hand, it dealt with your posts using all the wit, style, and academic detail they deserve.

    There is also no such thing as a 'wutang sword'. So much for your self-aggrandized editorial acumen.

  6. #96
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,776
    Style
    Pumping iron
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    So true. But it's the excitement knowing that she could potentially have access to guns, which escalates the craziness factor, and of course my uh, interest. Yeah, let's go with "interest".
    ... Glad you're still alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Who let this "don't call me a chick" chick run around thinking she's an "editorial authority"? Or are we humouring her for diversity points?
    That's what happens when the man leaves his laptop in the kitchen.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  7. #97
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,473
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    ... Glad you're still alive.
    Cheers bro!
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  8. #98
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    The P is for Poop like this thread. Trolling, goofing off, mastur-debating, whatever. More penis meat for the grinder, so who wants to stick it in next?

    1bad's is getting pretty short right about now. He's blown a lot of loads all over Bullshido.

    Sneakygoblin's is twisted in a little coil, so it's hard to tell if he's a straight shooter or hits himself in the eye a lot.

    I've seen your truck and kills, so yours is JUST right. Keep it up.

    Battlefield's is made of steel. His only gets sharper over time.
    Yes, I know P is for Poop, I remember you explaining that in a thread a while back.

    Guar is mainstream relative to these guys...
    Warning, it's a 17 minute video and I didn't listen to it...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
    Incorrect.

    I sent you a friend request, which you accepted, after you replied to my introduction thread. I sent a request to everyone that replied to my thread. After this **** show, I removed you from my friends list.

    I also wasn't apologizing to you. **** off.

    Please note the wording.... '**** off' not '**** you'. I chose that wording specifically. On the one hand it drops the implication that you are an object of carnal desire for me. On the other hand, it dealt with your posts using all the wit, style, and academic detail they deserve.

    There is also no such thing as a 'wutang sword'. So much for your self-aggrandized editorial acumen.
    I don't know **** about kung fu, buttercup. If you're taking on the pedant mantle, I hope you do know kung fu.

    What's your kung fu background?

    Yes, I note ALL your wording. Every last one. Everyone's.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in