Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Yea..... wouldn't want to have a rapist for an black belt instructor ,endorse systema, give belts to people with no rolling and Have Rigan Machado written on the sign....

I get the point you were trying to make though.
    And, as I hope I have made clear throughout, I can see your points of contention as well. Tell you what I would recommend, if you ever get a chance, attend http://chirontraining.com/events/viody-dc.html that thing.

No particular rush, just think it would be a fun weekend for you. The link is for this years, and there will, I am sure, be one next year.
    If you don't get anything out of it, well, at least it will be fun. But I think you will get some cool stuff out of it.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    And, as I hope I have made clear throughout, I can see your points of contention as well. Tell you what I would recommend, if you ever get a chance, attend http://chirontraining.com/events/viody-dc.html that thing.

No particular rush, just think it would be a fun weekend for you. The link is for this years, and there will, I am sure, be one next year.
    If you don't get anything out of it, well, at least it will be fun. But I think you will get some cool stuff out of it.
    Hosted by:
    Kore Krav Maga......
    Yea...... they aren't my crowd.

I am probably gonna be Sounding like a D-bag but here it goes.......

The only thing that would likely keep any of those people alive in a violent confrontation with me is my good nature and my sunny disposition. :-D

$450 bucks for people I could **** up telling me how to be safe from violence.....

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea...... they aren't my crowd.

I am probably gonna be Sounding like a D-bag but here it goes.......

The only thing that would likely keep any of those people alive in a violent confrontation with me is my good nature and my sunny disposition. :-D

$450 bucks for people I could **** up telling me how to be safe from violence.....
    So basically nothing? You don't have a good nature, or a sunny disposition. Or if you do, you have never displayed it on these boards. :D

Also, I would really like to see your service record if that group of people are not really up to your speed. I understand that alive training and Jiu-Jitsu skills are great for a lot of things, but there is a lot more to violence than hand to hand fighting skills.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So basically nothing? You don't have a good nature, or a sunny disposition. Or if you do, you have never displayed it on these boards. :D
    I am foul mouthed and gruff but overall quite friendly.

Also, I would really like to see your service record if that group of people are not really up to your speed. I understand that alive training and Jiu-Jitsu skills are great for a lot of things, but there is a lot more to violence than hand to hand fighting skills.
    I don't have a service record. I make more money than working for the government in a service capacity. So no go on that.
    I bounce for fun when I feel like it , but the majority of my experience with violence and dangerous situations was growing up in poverty during the height of crime in the US and doing "tough guy ****". Most of my friends from my youth are dead, in jail or their lives got ruined by becoming felons before they realised that crime doesn't pay. Luckily I caught on before then and grew into a responsible adult.

Also nobody on that page has an impressive service record,correct me if I am wrong.
    One dude is a prison guard, which can get Harry a bit. It's pretty much like being a bouncer where you're pretty sure no one has a gun.

The seminar

Judo guy with no major titles.

Some krav chick

Some dude that does stick stuff and says he's from the streets.

Prison guard.

Secret agent- so secret he's not really listed.

What do you believe makes them qualified to ask for $450 bucks from me?

Edit: saw judo guy is a swat guy.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 8/14/2017 4:01pm at .

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I don't have a service record. I make more money than working for the government in a service capacity. So no go on that.
    I bounce for fun when I feel like it , but the majority of my experience with violence and dangerous situations was growing up in poverty during the height of crime in the US and doing "tough guy ****". Most of my friends from my youth are dead, in jail or their lives got ruined by becoming felons before they realised that crime doesn't pay. Luckily I caught on before then and grew into a responsible adult.

Also nobody on that page has an impressive service record,correct me if I am wrong.
    One dude is a prison guard, which can get Harry a bit. It's pretty much like being a bouncer where you're pretty sure no one has a gun.

The seminar

Some krav chick

Prison guard.

Now let's be honest with our selves here, sounds to me like you are quoting the exact same resume that Marc and some of those others are, except that you, I believe, are quite a bit younger and as such learned Jiu-Jitsu instead of whatever was around in the 70's and 80's when Jits was... less popular.

Also, other than a state championship, I have no major titles in Judo either, BUT my weekly sparring partner is, I believe the standing national champion in his division.

Now, what do YOU charge for a seminar?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The seminar

Some krav chick

Prison guard.

I was wondering who these guys had worked for...they claim SWAT, lots of other stuff.

Did I miss a resume/CV page somewhere ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now let's be honest with our selves here, sounds to me like you are quoting the exact same resume that Marc and some of those others are, except that you, I believe, are quite a bit younger and as such learned Jiu-Jitsu instead of whatever was around in the 70's and 80's when Jits was... less popular.

Also, other than a state championship, I have no major titles in Judo either, BUT my weekly sparring partner is, I believe the standing national champion in his division.

Now, what do YOU charge for a seminar?
    Master's or regular senior divisions, for your state championship plus your weekly sparring partner.

Also, I'd pay Rayce a fair chunk of change simply for jiu jitsu instruction, self-defense or sport. He might comp me out for some Judo, but I suspect he is mostly better at it than me already...so maybe some sort of 60/40 deal, LOL...

I'd strongly hesitate to spend any money with the Chiron people. The tongue in cheek marketing and lack of real background information on instructors (this is what I found http://www.chirontraining.com/crgi.html) is off-putting.

However, my mind is not closed on the matter.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am not sure about all of these, but Rory Miller is pretty legit. He was the leader of a prison crisis response unit for several years before he got in to writing and teaching. In years past they have had Loren Christensen around. He was Seattle PD for about 20 years as well as being a Japanese jujitsu guy.

I will suggest people check out Rory's book, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DN0GVM4...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

It had a definite impact on my martial arts/self defense journey.

Now, with regards to this, I don't really know what else to tell you. Meet the people involved and make your own judgements. $450 is a fairly stiff fee for training, but it seems like this group doesn't take books published very seriously. And with good reason, because people like Bhodi Sanders and Ashida Kim...exist.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regular for me. I may have even been uncontested that year. Not a lot of Judo around here. I have medaled when I was contested. But, like I said, I am no one special. Masters for my sparring partner. It's Chris Vanlandingham. We also have a BJJ blackbelt, Thomas Williams, in every week teaching and sparring as well.
    Last edited by AcerTempest; 8/14/2017 5:25pm at . Reason: To be more clear and sound less tough guyish. Cause I'm not one.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Additionally, and this seems to be a point that gets missed a LOT around here, martial arts is NOT self defense, is NOT justified use of force, is NOT any of several other aspects of violence that make it more complicated than just "I can kick that dudes ass therefore his opinion doesn't matter". Which is how Rayce is coming off here.

Page 4 of 7 First 1234567 Last