Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Liability Waiver

What is a good word-for-word liability waiver for 2 people who agree to fight it out? If I challenge someone to a fight, I would want to have all of my bases covered, right? What's used in throwdowns to protect participants?

Thanks for your time!

V/R

Myn

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Death match waiver, preferably via body-cam.

What good is paper in the digital age?

Get it on camera, bro.

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Death match waiver, preferably via body-cam.

What good is paper in the digital age?

Get it on camera, bro.
    Paper is great for a lawsuit - in the digital age paper is easier, faster, and more reliable to back up than webcam footage due to file size, ease of duplication, etc. Not to mention that terms would be very explicitly spelled out leaving no room for misconception or for adverse legal action.

Thanks for your input!

V/R

Myn

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are not a lot of places in the US where you can agree to fight legally, documents or not. You can spar at a gym if they allow it, and they will have to agree to your ruleset. You can enter a match of some sort. You can't change some flavor of assault into something else by getting the participants to agree to it, or else dueling would be legal.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    There are not a lot of places in the US where you can agree to fight legally, documents or not. You can spar at a gym if they allow it, and they will have to agree to your ruleset. You can enter a match of some sort. You can't change some flavor of assault into something else by getting the participants to agree to it, or else dueling would be legal.
    Yeah but BJJ and Judo gyms are cheap and plentiful. Good MMA gyms are expensive but plentiful.

What more do you need.

If Kung Fu Deathmatch is your thing, I'm sure there's a venue for that. Or whole cities like Seattle. Chacun son gout.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/10/2017 9:51pm at .

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what I was getting at. Get to a MMA joint or hop a bus to SEA.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something like this is interesting to look at - http://www.iscfmma.com/LiabilityWaiver.pdf

What are the conditions under which fighting is legal? Is it having an event? A sanctioning body? What constitutes an event? Who provides a sanctioning body with authority? How hard would it be to get that authority? Etc. Etc.

Would be wonderful to get a legal perspective on this, I'm definitely no attorney though I'm familiar with paperwork :)

Thanks everyone for your comments, thoughts, and feedback!

V/R

Myn

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was asked to do a waiver. I've really stopped acting as lawyer for the site, when I stepped down from staff in 2013. Please find a well written waiver used in your particular state and go with it.

Style
    Muay Thai, BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I was asked to do a waiver. I've really stopped acting as lawyer for the site, when I stepped down from staff in 2013. Please find a well written waiver used in your particular state and go with it.
    Thank you Mr. Browning,

Is a waiver all that's needed in all states to remove liability, or just in some of them? Which additional requirements do you know of to protect participants from legal consequences?

Thanks so much for your time,

V/R

Myn

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    or else dueling would be legal.
    Mutually agreed upon combat is legal in some areas. I remember the "Superhero" Phoenix Jones here from Bullshido fighting a drunk asshole while a couple cops watched and ref'ed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last