Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Newaza training resources question

Does anyone know of any books that have a focus on judo newaza? Im looking to expand my knowledge and want to see the judo way of doing stuff compared to the bjj way. For example i recently saw old black and white footage of japanese judoka demonstrating some ground techniques. One of them was a pass that was double under arm. I tried the way he did it and found it worked alot better for me.

Basically all he did was instead of being on his knees he sat down on his butt as he turned both legs to the side clearing his head under one of the legs as he got into side control. Im guessing doing this pass whilst on your knees is harder because your posture is higher . Also from rolling with some judo guys they pull out some awesome armbars from strange (to me anyway) positions.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Does anyone know of any books that have a focus on judo newaza? Im looking to expand my knowledge and want to see the judo way of doing stuff compared to the bjj way. For example i recently saw old black and white footage of japanese judoka demonstrating some ground techniques. One of them was a pass that was double under arm. I tried the way he did it and found it worked alot better for me.

Basically all he did was instead of being on his knees he sat down on his butt as he turned both legs to the side clearing his head under one of the legs as he got into side control. Im guessing doing this pass whilst on your knees is harder because your posture is higher . Also from rolling with some judo guys they pull out some awesome armbars from strange (to me anyway) positions.
    Anything by Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki would be a great place to start. He has tons of instructional videos out there.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koji Komuro is pretty great at newaza and has a ton of instructional materials (books and videos) he's also a very clear instructor

https://www.budovideos.com/products/...komlock-e-book
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    Koji Komuro is pretty great at newaza and has a ton of instructional materials (books and videos) he's also a very clear instructor

https://www.budovideos.com/products/...komlock-e-book
    Yeah, and he has a wicked Uchi Mata too, LOL !
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl