Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I just...Well...

I found this while chasing down links from the Yangi Ryu thread/Don Angier thread necro.

I hope they eventually add in additional training to deal with the second punch and various leg kicks/takedowns...

Strikers, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I found this while chasing down links from the Yangi Ryu thread/Don Angier thread necro.

I hope they eventually add in additional training to deal with the second punch and various leg kicks/takedowns...

Well before they can deal with the second punch they might want to stop the first one. Fucking hell that sucked ass.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What do they think they are doing ?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    What do they think they are doing ?
    You tell me, my striking knowledge was mostly learned on bullshido.net.

In terms of pedagogy, I think they are doing a sort of an isolation drill to focus on upper body and head movement. You pin the feet down so you can't move your entire body to respond to the strike. That in itself may not be a bad thing.

I know, my MSc. in Obviousology is showing again.

The problem is they appear to be doing other stuff wrong, and repeating it over and over again (ignoring covering against another punch).

I suppose one could argue that they are super-isolating versus one punch, but that's like learning how to avoid a front triangle choke by giving up the armbar...you have to unlearn the first **** to deal with the second.

I'm guessing boxers do head movement (bob/weave/etc) drills but don't leave themselves open to get walloped by the other hand.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'd be interested in the drills these guys do to train head movement avoiding strikes plus counter-striking.

Like boxing drills all over the Interwebz...

Style
    Punch and Grab
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing boxers do head movement (bob/weave/etc) drills but don't leave themselves open to get walloped by the other hand.
    I just let my sparring partners punch me in the head, sooner or later they get tired and I'm fresh... Also where are my car keys?
    Where am I?
    Who am I?

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The World: man, aikido and wing chun are ridiculously bad! You couldn't come up with a worse martial art if you tried!

Aikijujutsu: HOLD MY BEER
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seems to me that from 7:11 ("now punch harder!") onwards when the blondie punches, he first slightly touches the hand that is going to punch (I suspect in order to tell the other guy from where the punch is coming).

Why are they blocking the legs? Well in my case, when someone attacks me continuously, even if I know I should move laterally, I tend to move backwards (so the other guy charges in and ultimately gets me). I see the "move backward" thing as the striking arts equivalent of stiff arms in judo.
    Maybe they're just doing a "dodge without moving backwards" drill.

Style
    MCMAP, Judo, sex appeal
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This looks perfectly fine. You clearly don't know anything about martial arts and have brought great dishonor upon yourself and this website.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    This looks perfectly fine. You clearly don't know anything about martial arts and have brought great dishonor upon yourself and this website.
    Moosey, what's up ? Long time no see here for sure.

Get into a POST academy?

Never mind, see you are in law school now. Where did you get your undergraduate degree?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last