Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who needs bear spray?

http://www.maionline.co.uk/technique...ff-bear-karate

"In this predicament, rather than try to outrun the creature, he decided to use his karate skills, and assumed fighting stance. The bear was no match for his high jabs to the eyes, and scrambled away into the woods."

I...

This...

How...

I have no words.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woha!!!

another article on this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...r-with-karate/

(though the wording of this article is so close to that of the OP I guess they are copypasting the same original)

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Woha!!!

another article on this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...r-with-karate/

(though the wording of this article is so close to that of the OP I guess they are copypasting the same original)
    Yeah, I found about a dozen different web sites with the story posted. The one I included here is one of the few that aren't blocked for me at work.

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was videoed, here is the clip

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA! Nice try!

You can't fool me- the guy did not drive the bear away with his forceful jabs, as the article clearly stated.

That bear has pretty good paw-work, though.

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and that's why i'm going to have my 1911 with me in the tree stand in november, so i don't have to use my judo on a poor bear.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    and that's why i'm going to have my 1911 with me in the tree stand in november, so i don't have to use my judo on a poor bear.
    A high-power rifle won't kill a bear?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Maybe it's a ninja bear?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I heard PETA was working with the Russians; passing out body armor to bears and training them in a Systema/Krav Maga/BJJ hybrid Street Art for woodland encounters. So ... if you want to push your luck you can try and find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I heard PETA was working with the Russians; passing out body armor to bears and training them in a Systema/Krav Maga/BJJ hybrid Street Art for woodland encounters. So ... if you want to push your luck you can try and find out.
    Last edited by BKR; 8/04/2017 12:45pm at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 1 of 3 123 Last