Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendamu View Post
    Hey, guys.

So, lately, I've been studying the dark art of Earth Ninjutsu via YouTube. I'll go to BJJ class and everything's fine when I do the drills. When it's time to roll, tough, I pull out my Shizen No Kamae where I use Earth Style Ninjutsu to root myself to the mat. The guys I roll with just grab me by both legs and uproot me, though! Then, I'm suddenly on the ground playing their game!! I suppose I could use the techniques Professor is having me drill, but I know they're not nearly as deadly as Shizen No Kamae.

Are they on steroids? How do I strengthen my Earth Ninjutsu against steroid-addicted Jiu Jitsu guys?
    Bi-peds have pronounced weak lines in base and stability by virtues of being bi-peds.
    I do not know ninjutsu, but from my own perspective as someone that trains grappling arts, distance management, controlling the angle (yours and/or your opponents), and counter-offense techniques (and there are several effective counter-offense responses to a double leg take down, depending on the rules of engagement in play) may serve you better than attempts to be a truly immovable object if that is what earth ninjutsu means.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For stronger root, suck more. Works better on hard smooth surface.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bicep curls are your only solution.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is that you do not naturally know how to stand naturally. Apparently, not many people do. This should help.

http://warriorfitness.org/how-natura...izen-no-kamae/

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    My guess is that you do not naturally know how to stand naturally. Apparently, not many people do. This should help.

http://warriorfitness.org/how-natura...izen-no-kamae/
    <Heavy sigh>, yet another one...

When the body is properly conditioned it then acts like a tensegrity structure bones act like compressive struts pushing out while connective tissue pulls in.

The dreaded "internals" strikes again...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    <Heavy sigh>, yet another one...

When the body is properly conditioned it then acts like a tensegrity structure – bones act like compressive struts pushing out while connective tissue pulls in.

The dreaded "internals" strikes again...
    Wait a minute. We're on to something here.
    "...2 forces that act on us all the time must be understood and mastered. The 2 forces I am referring to are Ten (heaven) and Chi (earth). "

"The body itself though must be conditioned to manipulate these 2 forces (there is a kuden)."

Kendamu, your problem is obviously that you lack proper conditioning.

Based on your OP, you are focused too much on mastering the earth, and have not mastered heaven. You must master your heaven as well as your earth.

This is obviously why the technique is not working.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    , yet another one... When the body is properly conditioned it then acts like a tensegrity structure bones act like compressive struts pushing out while connective tissue pulls in. The dreaded "internals" strikes again...
    Actually tensegrity is a real srltructural systems engineering and archtecture principle worth learning about, but whether or not there is an anatomical or ninja connection, I have no idea. There may be a connection or maybe it's New Age hooey.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Actually tensegrity is a real srltructural systems engineering and architecture principle worth learning about, but whether or not there is an anatomical or ninja connection, I have no idea. There may be a connection or maybe it's New Age hooey.
    It's a long story. yeah, tensegrity is a real thing in the engineering world.

However, it's been misused as in the ninjer link by, particularly, CMA people trying to come up with mechanical reasons for...internal martial arts ****...that doesn't really work anyway...

Baby jeebus, I'm tired, look it up yourself.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a long story. yeah, tensegrity is a real thing in the engineering world.

However, it's been misused as in the ninjer link by, particularly, CMA people trying to come up with mechanical reasons for...internal martial arts ****...that doesn't really work anyway...

Baby jeebus, I'm tired, look it up yourself.
    I did. It leads to some interesting crap. Without associating any of it with ninjas or Chinese "masters", it does appear to have some sort of structural anatomical tie-in. Anyway, it's basically an engineering observation applicable to a lot of different things, including human bodies. Ninjutsu or Kung fu...who knows.

Biotensegrity, a term coined by Dr. Stephen Levin, is the application of tensegrity principles to biologic structures.[6] Biological structures such as muscles, bones, fascia, ligaments and tendons, or rigid and elastic cell membranes, are made strong by the unison of tensioned and compressed parts. The muscular-skeletal system is a synergy of muscle and bone. The muscles and connective tissues provide continuous pull[7] and the bones present the discontinuous compression.
    Levin, Stephen, "Tensegrity, The New Biomechanics"; Hutson, M & Ellis, R (Eds.), Textbook of Musculoskeletal Medicine. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 2006
    http://www.ufjf.br/especializacaofis...mechanics1.pdf

and

Musculoskeletal Prestress, Journal of Biomechanics, October 2009.

http://www.jbiomech.com/article/S002...355-8/fulltext
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/05/2017 12:26am at .

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When the body is properly conditioned it then acts like a [B]tensegrity structure – bones act like compressive struts pushing out while connective tissue pulls in.
    So now that I've brushed up (briefly) on biotensegrity, he's basically using an accurate description of the load bearing structure of the human body, BUT also trying to tie it to "proper conditioning", and by proper he means THE SUPREME NINJA EMPIRE.

Yes...it sounds fancy but he said nothing more than "bones are the structure, connective tissue ties them together in a load-bearing way".

Duh, that's not ninja mind magic...

This is magic (Levin, 2006):

The ‘design’ of plants and animals and of traditional
    artifacts did not just happen. As a rule both the shape
    and materials of any structure which has evolved over
    a long period of time in a competitive world represent
    an optimization with regard to the loads which it has
    to carry and to the financial or metabolic cost.
    (Gordon 1978, p. 303)
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 8/05/2017 12:32am at .

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last