Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Instead of sucking be awesome.
    2. Fortune favors the bold.
    3. Chicks dig scars.
    I have found when I am able to do that in competition or sparring I do quite well.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    97. Breathe through your nose. Mouth breathers get KTFO.

98. Trim your damn nails.

99. Wash your nasty ass gear and your ass itself. Don't be that guy/gal.

Style
    TKD, Escrima, Tai Chi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    100. Throw this list out and go eat a sandwich. You burned a lot of calories overthinking this.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    47. Keep your back foot at an angle of 42 relative to your lead foot. Exactly. 43 will make you an easy target, 41 will make you unstable.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
    100. Throw this list out and go eat a sandwich. You burned a lot of calories overthinking this.
    OP's from Malta. I played some JJJ during business trips there in the past. Hospitality is first rate.

Other things to do in Malta-

Fish
    Swim / scuba
    Drink (they're pretty good at this).
    Fornicate (Malta has way more than their fair share of beautiful exotic women. They've been overrun so many times throughout history there is a good mix of blood lines).
    Go to Church (more than 90% identify as Catholic. Thankfully, a good portion seem to identify only (: )

4 of 5 is good I think. I'd like to see a link if possible to the MMA group.

I think the OP has a copious amount of time to work up a list.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember it's a spar. We all know the guy who says "let's have a light spar", then does his best to kill you.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Relax in a spar - don't get all crazy tense just because it's a fight. Stick to the basics and don't try too much crazy ****. Make sure you have good defense, but don't be afraid to hit sometimes. Best tip for sparring is practice a lot and spar a lot - you'll get better.

V/R

Myn

Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo, Silat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never give just the tip...

I'd say focus on your stance, guard and technical fundementals over trying to win. We're not trying to kill each other, and be aware more than anything of your partners mental state.

Sometimes in our MMA class, I have this one guy, 16, REALLY wants a scrap, will throw hard shots and throws, with him I can cut looser than I could with say, the 50 year old whose just here to get in shape for now after a hernia operation. We have a guy in our club who, like me, suffers from depression and anxiety, but unlike me, he doesnt seem to get the vent/release from training that I do, so I have to be careful not to catch him too hard or it will knock his confidence. Everyone trains differently, and partner awareness is key I find.

Otherwise, have fun, stay safe and dont get anyone pregnant

Style
    Mma Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well protect the head and have good footwork. I think everything comes from the footwork. Keeping the hands up in a real fighting match can be a problem when you get hits constantly. I went ko a few times in the beginning because i dropped the guard.

Page 2 of 2 First 12