1. #1
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,620
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Aussie Cop Attacked- With a Samurai Sword-And lives...

    I yawned my way into work this morning and this popped up in my email.

    I'm guessing the assailant was not formally trained in kenjutsu, as the officer is still alive.

    Note the skull fracture as well as cut to the scalp.

    I bet that hurt like hell.

    https://www.policeone.com/edged-weap...Member&cub_id=[cub_id]
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #2
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,652
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who ya gonna call?

    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is one lucky man.

    My guess is the attacker didn't have a clue what they were doing. The wound looks like he was hit with a
    hatchet chop type motion. I know NOTHING about swordsmanship, so I am hoping someone will confirm, or correct.

    And, kudos to the doctor that fixed him up. Those stitches looked nice and clean.

  4. #4
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,653
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it was a cheapo wall hanger. Some of the better blades I have seen would split a skull even with bad form.

  5. #5
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Maybe it was a cheapo wall hanger. Some of the better blades I have seen would split a skull even with bad form.
    That makes sense. I know next to nothing about swords but I have butchered a fair amount of meat. Cutting large bones in half is ridiculously easy with a decent knife or cleaver.

  6. #6
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,475
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We might not have guns, but we all wander around with Katana.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  7. #7
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,653
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    We might not have guns, but we all wander around with Katana.
    I thought you guys just liked big ass bowie knives.

  8. #8
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,475
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We did, until we played, "that's not a knife" with someone from Japan and realised we had to evolve.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    452
    Style
    Bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Theres plenty of 'samurai swords' in australia, the majority are **** quality replicas with hollow hilts and edgeless. Alot of guys will use a bench grinder on it and make and edge.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in my parents' basement
    Posts
    841
    Style
    Koryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    That is one lucky man.

    My guess is the attacker didn't have a clue what they were doing. The wound looks like he was hit with a
    hatchet chop type motion. I know NOTHING about swordsmanship, so I am hoping someone will confirm, or correct.

    And, kudos to the doctor that fixed him up. Those stitches looked nice and clean.
    Think it was basically flailing with a katana. Putting power in the cut properly is much harder than you'd think at first sight. Also, you'd aim for something like the throat / carotids ehich is more efficient (and def not those places that were wounded )

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in