Style
    BJJ, Wing Chun
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Worst. Referee. Ever.

This is crazy! The cornerman may have saved her life.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, takes a bit longer than that to kill or cripple somebody from asphyxiation, if I remember my schoolbooks correctly, but that referee should still be banned from reffing anything but chessmatches ever again.

I'd still say this referee is worse, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ge9CuM1YkE

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Nah, takes a bit longer than that to kill or cripple somebody from asphyxiation, if I remember my schoolbooks correctly, but that referee should still be banned from reffing anything but chessmatches ever again.

I'd still say this referee is worse, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ge9CuM1YkE
    Carotid sinus reflex death is sometimes considered a mechanism of death in cases of strangulation, but it remains highly disputed. The reported time from application to unconsciousness varies from 7–14 seconds if effectively applied to one minute in other cases, with death occurring minutes after unconsciousness.- Wikipedia
    I can put most people out in 3 to 5 seconds.
    After a minute plus if they are alive they will likely have a drooling problem.......

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know I was at an amateur/pro mma event where Cecil Peoples tripped over the fighters when they hit the ground.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, he most likely IS legally blind, so cut him some slack here.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I can put most people out in 3 to 5 seconds.
    Back when I first started BJJ I heard it averaged about 4 seconds. You being a BB leads me to believe that's correct.

As to the ref, that was BAD. He should be at least suspended.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.