Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    Actually, the first time I heard that quote was when Michail Kalashnikov attributed it to the Russians.
    Wut? I thought it was invented by the Koreans...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I can do eggs,apples and walnuts.
    Eggs ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    As a data point, I checked on Wikipedia and Putin was born in october 1952.
    So, 65 in October (Red October?). 10 years older than me. He's doing OK for a 64 year old...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yeah, like wikipedia got a hold of legit Russian Birth documents.
    Assange sent them some hacked e-mails...

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Eggs ?
    It can actually be a little difficult to crack an egg in your hand by just squeezing it in your palm. More so for for free range birds.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yeah, like wikipedia got a hold of legit Russian Birth documents.
    Everybody knows he's really Kenyan.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Whenever I watch Putin do Judo, he looks like an old guy who knows how to do some Judo, but doesn't train/work out much if any anymore. Nothing spectacular, and you can tell he is kinda stiff and rusty.

I can empathize with that, for sure...
    He moves like an old man who isn't anywhere near fighting shape of his youth, but definitely knows his technique inside and out. The dude would put a hurt on a lot of people, even with his age and joint stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey View Post
    I don't personally know many older Judo guys who are able to get out there and throw down, especially the ones who were competitive when they were younger, much like Putin. It's hard on your body and the little injuries all add up eventually
    My arthritic knees would like to agree with you. I can still put a noob in their place, but it's easy to get me to sit down and take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    It's been my experience that the old judoka are almost a cliché. They move a bit slower, nurse their accumulated injuries, and talk alot about being weak, broken down old men. Watching their nage komi doesn't look all that different from the videos I have seen of Vladimir Putin.

But, a few rounds of uchikomi with one of them will usually leave you bruised and sore, and you realize that their judo is The Real Deal ®, and many of those broken down old men could probably still serve up a big steaming bowl of hurt to someone if they were so inclined.

Beware of an old man in an endeavor where men usually perish young.
    Mark Tripp is old, fat, and arthritic in everything short of his butthole. But I feel bad for the kid that thinks he's gonna punk him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    My money is on Putin.

I also find it terribly ironic an Akido and Taekwondo guy is saying Putin's Judo is unrealistic.
    I have a black belt in TKD. There is some pretty legit striking instruction in a lot of TKD schools, but due to the limiting ruleset, it still sucks in competition with just about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    It can actually be a little difficult to crack an egg in your hand by just squeezing it in your palm. More so for for free range birds.
    My understanding is that trying to crack an egg by squeezing on the ends is the difficult way to do it, and shows an elevated grip strength. I don't know for sure though. I've never been that mad at an egg before to try.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    I've done it...

Our free range duck eggs would be a bit tougher... I have to hit them pretty damned hard on the edge of the bowl to get them open.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
    The polonium will be delivered in round 1, but the victory will come in round 10. Polonium takes a little while to have it's full effect.
    The polonium would be delivered months before the match.

Vladimir has more important things to do than train for a fight.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vladimir's probably strangled a couple people in his day that didn't get to tap out.

I think the martial arts people get a little ahead of themselves by taunting actual killers, especially ones with nukes and assassins.

Maybe I'm just conservative.

Page 5 of 9 First 123456789 Last