--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Combat Shuai Chiao

Is Combat Shuai Chiao something that actually works? I was thinking about joining this style and I'm hoping it's actually useful.

Style
    what style?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks like Chinese judo.. when i googled the competition aspect. You need to go to a gym where you spar with resisting and non compliant partners... just pick a style in your area that does that. lol

Style
    MMA,BJJ, Gongkwon Yusul
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm pretty sure shuai chiao satisfies theconditions lant3rn posted. It's jacket wrestling. I'm not sure what Combat shuai chiao is specifically, or how it differs from regular shuai chaio, but as long as you're actually wrestling actively with your training partners is should be ok, especially if your school attends a good number of wrestling competitions.

Ooh, if you do choose the style, let me know sometime if and how they use 2-on-1/russian tie. Everything I know from there is either a sacrafice throw or uses a drop step, which I understand are both discouraged under most shuai chiao rulesets.
    Last edited by Guird; 7/16/2017 6:46pm at .

Style
    what style?
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guird View Post
    I'm pretty sure shuai chiao satisfies the requirement lant3rn poseted. it's jacket wrestling. I'm not sure what Combat shuai chiao is specifically, or how it differs from regular shuai chaio, but as long as you're actually wrestling actively with your training partners is should be ok, especially if your school attends a good number of wrestling competitions.

Ooh, if you do choose the style, let me know sometime if and how they use 2-on-1/russian tie. Everything I know from there is either a sacrafice throw or uses a drop step, which I understand are both discouraged under most shuai chiao rulesets.
    well it could meet my requirement as long as it doesn't do crap like this

this is not practising with a resisting opponent, this is larping...

this is good ****.

Style
    MMA,BJJ, Gongkwon Yusul
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think shuai chiao is a general term for wrestling in china, as well as a sport. Maybe it is also used to refer to wrestling techniques within other kung fu styles? Also, of course a technique demonstration is compliant, it doesn't tell you whether or not they spar and train with aliveness. No, the fact that their technique is terrible(Ewwww) is what tells you that :P

Style
    what style?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guird View Post
    I think shuai chiao is a general term for wrestling in china, as well as a sport. Maybe it is also used to refer to wrestling techniques within other kung fu styles? Also, of course a technique demonstration is compliant, it doesn't tell you whether or not they spar and train with aliveness. No, the fact that their technique is terrible(Ewwww) is what tells you that :P
    Sorry i wasn't saying that demonstrating techniques is bad.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shuai-Chiao is a Chinese style of folk wrestling and was a big influence on a lot of martial arts in China. Competitively it ends up looking a lot like Judo as it's a form of jacket wrestling, but the match stops once one person hits the ground. As such, you're not really going to find any pinning or ground-based submissions in the sport.

Are you referring to David CK. Lin's Combat Shuai-Chiao organization (www.combatshuaichiao.com)? It's largely a name he uses to differentiate himself from some of the other organizations, but they're legit and do competitive Shuai-Chiao.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got to train with Lavell Marshall, who is a Baoding Shuai Chiao practitioner this past weekend. He's part of the Combat Shuai Chiao organization and is an absolute monster on the mat. He was one of the guest instructors at Midwest Sambo Training Camp and was tossing us around almost at will. It's definitely an interesting system that I would like to learn more of.