Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So you have Zero qualifications to teach BJJ or any other art besides Krav but you have taught Muay Thai and want to teach BJJ to kids?
    I know you mentioned something about being certified to MMA but not by who... and you have mentioned no competition record so that becomes even more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    1.Military Krav sucks.

2.Minors can fight mma in the USA.

3. You say tons of dumb wrong ****.
    1.What ever you have seen might have sucked, most of what you see is just name usage, read what I wrote about it... it all depends exactly as was written in this forum 5 and 10 years ago which why I was happy to find it and join you guys here

2. Well before I read online I saw this video (youtube.com/watch?v=8TWHAwAJaIQ) and they implied that kids can not compete in MMA like in ufc
    it has to be with gear which includes almost everything and more padding than adults which makes it very hard to grapple with it... business wise will have to separate class curriculum in my honest opinion.

3. I guess I should quit martial arts, immigration, learning and this forum?
    I am here for an advise and not for complains
    thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Unless you're a Bjj Black Belt, who gives a **** what you think about Bjj Belts. If you give them out you will be a fraud.
    I never said I do not know how to teach BJJ, I had a Muay Thai Gym but I used to teach BJJ
    for me it is boring to teach it but I love it I train as much as I can
    I have two black belts that loves teaching BJJ and they can do the belt thing for the gym while I can teach 3 to 7 years old
    I never said I was against BJJ belts, I have my own
    I think its cool but I do not want to have a martial arts school with belt testing for MMA since BJJ is going to be taught separately from MMA as the Traditional point of view - I wanted an opinion since I do want a variety of classes for kids and for adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Hold up, MMA is too dangerous but BJJ and Muay Thai is okay?

Guess what BJJ and Muay Thai is combined...

There's noting horrific about the injuries in MMA, nothing worse than what you find in boxing or wrestling or any other combat sport. Stick to the Krav safe zone.
    BJJ alone is not dangerous in training when supervised
    Muay Thai is but padding and gear helps a lot!
    off course combined is more dangerous
    I never said it is not
    I am actually afraid of it since I am going to teach kids mostly regardless of choosing since it keeps the lights on... lucky me that I like it
    Injuries inflicted in those sports are most likely to occur during competitions but not in training exception is muay thai if not padded correctly
    My opinion is my own, you can tell me I am whatever you think I am but I had inflicted injuries and had my own surgeries over fights and training mostly from Muay Thai and only damaged my ear once in BJJ and hurt a neck muscle on a bad roll
    I am so sorry I brought up this Krav Maga subject I wasnt even supporting it, it was a business idea
    apparently it is not popular among experienced martial artists as you guys

Thanks anyway :)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you have Zero qualifications to teach BJJ or any other art besides Krav but you have taught Muay Thai and want to teach BJJ to kids?
    I know you mentioned something about being certified to MMA but not by who... and you have mentioned no competition record so that becomes even more important.
    Sorry I missed your reply
    I can teach BJJ to little kids but not to adults
    I have black belts in Jujitsu that can teach but they are not local either I am bringing them from abroad...
    I do not believe that having a competition record implies of how good of a teacher you are
    I know very good instructors who always kept it to themselves
    and I also know people who grew their experience in the streets or in the army
    I am certified by the only big institute in Israel that certifies which is Wingate
    which still I do not see the reason to have it as a criteria to ask for advises on a forum
    These facts do not tell you how good of a teacher someone can be... I know great fighters who scream at their students and threaten them to cut their belts with scissors if they wont sit down and shut up on the mat when "sensei" is speaking...
    I get your hatred in this forum for fake martial artists
    I promise you I am not the case and even if I am... I am here for advises and not telling you guys are wrong
    I do not know the culture... I was training in Russia and Israel under Russian coaches who used to train me in a stupid way which does not fit to the United States and I wish to have your advise please :)

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will ask directly this time and also please note I have said nothing about Krav.

Do you have a competition record in Kickboxing, Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ or MMA?
    Who certified you to instruct MMA and Muay Thai.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan91 View Post
    Sorry I missed your reply
    I can teach BJJ to little kids but not to adults
    I have black belts in Jujitsu that can teach but they are not local either I am bringing them from abroad...
    I do not believe that having a competition record implies of how good of a teacher you are
    I know very good instructors who always kept it to themselves
    and I also know people who grew their experience in the streets or in the army
    I am certified by the only big institute in Israel that certifies which is Wingate
    which still I do not see the reason to have it as a criteria to ask for advises on a forum
    These facts do not tell you how good of a teacher someone can be... I know great fighters who scream at their students and threaten them to cut their belts with scissors if they wont sit down and shut up on the mat when "sensei" is speaking...
    I get your hatred in this forum for fake martial artists
    I promise you I am not the case and even if I am... I am here for advises and not telling you guys are wrong
    I do not know the culture... I was training in Russia and Israel under Russian coaches who used to train me in a stupid way which does not fit to the United States and I wish to have your advise please :)
    AH thank you. I was writing while you were posting. I think that covered most my questions indirectly. Would you elaborate on the facts not how you feel or wish us to feel about them. "

For example: Have you fought under Muay Thai rules as a Pro or Amateur. Not how you feel about it or how you think it relates to instruction.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/03/2017 2:22am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will ask directly this time and also please note I have said nothing about Krav.

Do you have a competition record in Kickboxing, Boxing, Muay Thai, BJJ or MMA?
    Who certified you to instruct MMA and Muay Thai.
    Wingate Institue in Israel
    I am Israel's Boxing, Kickboxing, K1 champion several times and I had a lot of competitions done in Russia and I spent training camps in Thailand and Russia. Never competed BJJ but I did have a few fights of MMA since it was not so regulated back in that time in Israel and I was in a combat unit in the Israeli army also as an instructor for the unit it self and we called the class of self defense which i taught (which was an MMA) - Krav Maga class lol

Oh I have never participated in a competition under Muay Thai rules since my gym and coach had organizations wars and we were submitted for K1 rules
    but I was training for a lot of years as a Muay Thai fighter and everything inside the gym was Muay Thai
    we couldnt use elbows in our competitions
    I have to say frankly most competition was not as hard as training since the other trainees in the gym were heavier and stronger and more experienced so that is also why I can not figure out competitions as a criteria... may be here in the US people who do not fight in competitions are not considered strong?
    tell me please... thanks!!

AMATURE ONLY
    may be one fight was considered pro but I was 17 I do not remember exactly but it was kickboxing K1 rules and I had only basic gear and it was aired on TV I guess... I cant tell I dont have a TV never had never will :D
    Last edited by nathan91; 7/03/2017 2:31am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well thank you for what appear to be direct answers and info. I am exhausted and need rest. I will happily look over things tomorrow and give you input.
    Some people get terribly mad and defensive when asked these things but good customers who will be with you for years ask these questions too.

(give us some credit by the way, we know some people coach better than they can personally perform for what ever reason)
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/03/2017 2:43am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thank you very much!! Rest well!

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys as the resident Israeli I will weigh in here.

KM sucks. Everyone here who needs actual H2H knows that and trains something else. Ben Gurion airport security for instance train BJJ.

To become certified to teach BJJ in this country you have to(btw you have to be certified to teach hip hop or any sport for insurance reasons and governmental control of a sort):

1) Have a blue belt in BJJ
    2) Have a certified instructor(can be another blue belt) say that you know your stuff well enough to instruct
    3) Have a certified instructor sign off on a form saying that you spent at least 3yrs in combat sports
    4) Pay 7500 shekel(just over $2000USD) for a 5 week course at the Wingate, and pass their tests.
    Here is the link for the course:
    http://www.wingate.org.il/Index.asp?...&ArticleID=372

Certification from Wingate does not imply any ability or skill. It is primarily a course in physiology, class safety, teaching methods, and a few other things. My own BJJ coach sent me when I got my blue belt because he wanted me to teach Freestyle Wrestling in our club. His advice was, "Do what they tell you, give them the answers that they want, then you can forget it all."

Nathan, you said you learned KM? Was this at a private club or in the Army? If it was in the Army how were you able to expatriate to Florida, as KM is only taught to Kravi(combat) units in the Army and they have to do, depending on specific unit up to 20yrs of miluim(reserve duty). Please answer honestly because you may be asked to show your teudat shichrur(Israeli version of DD214) to prove what you say.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Click Here to Visit My Business
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey everyone
    I really enjoyed this website!

I have to say that the forum is very much bullshido attitude but it is okay since a lot of fakes are all around

anyway my name is Nathan, USSR Born grew up in Israel, residing in South Florida
    Karate, Judo, Jujitsu was my childhood experiences while growing up
    13 to 15 boxing
    15 until 26 is some BJJ/Wrestling and a lot of striking from all types of Kickboxing and Muay Thai...
    Lets just say MMA

off course as an Israeli I also know Krav Maga it is very simple and very common for us

I wanted to ask you guys over here in the U.S. how do you real (i hope) martial artists and other people in the US look at Krav Maga...
    Is it marketable? is MMA more popular? I guess it is!

I am very Muay Thai & MMA oriented instructor for adults and Grappling for kids but I teach everything to everyone!
    I would love and be happy to hear of ideas from you guys for my dojo...!!

I am thinking of using arm bands instead of belts
    and only using the belt system for BJJ and for little kids

I am also thinking of using some cool design for GIs for the kids even though I do not like the idea so much
    camo suits?

Hoping for some nice ideas!
    If I may ask, what part of South Florida?

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    !!

AMATURE ONLY
    may be one fight was considered pro but I was 17 I do not remember exactly but it was kickboxing K1 rules and I had only basic gear and it was aired on TV I guess... I cant tell I dont have a TV never had never will :D
    So you claim you have had a kickboxing match on TV at 17 you guess.....? Yes of course.......! You have a Jewish mother and she doesn't have that **** on VHS. Makes tons of sense.
    I believe this as much as if someone claimed to be Italian and their mother starved them by not making enough food.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 7/03/2017 9:32am at .

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1.What ever you have seen might have sucked, most of what you see is just name usage, read what I wrote about it... it all depends exactly as was written in this forum 5 and 10 years ago which why I was happy to find it and join you guys here
    I have taught bjj at Krav schools and I had an Israeli student that was a former IDF Krav Maga h2h instructor attend at my school. He said Krav sucked too. He was high white belt level in bjj.

You are trying to bullshit the wrong group of dudes homie.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 7/03/2017 9:40am at .

Page 2 of 7 First 123456 ... Last