Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NRA online Ad appears to be an open call for violence

National Rifle Association ad gaining traction online appears to be 'an open call to violence'

Quote Originally Posted by full transcript

"They use their media to assassinate real news. They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again. And then they use their ex-president to endorse the resistance.

"All to make them march, make them protest, make them scream racism and sexism and xenophobia and homophobia. To smash windows, burn cars, shut down interstates and airports, bully and terrorize the law-abiding — until the only option left is for the police to do their jobs and stop the madness.

"And when that happens, they'll use it as an excuse for their outrage. The only way we stop this, the only way we save our country and our freedom, is to fight this violence of lies with the clenched fist of truth. I'm the National Rifle Association of America, and I'm freedom's safest place."
    Conservative Columnist Anna Applebaum writes:
    Watch this NRA recruitment video: calls on real Americans to arm themselves to fight liberals. Violence is coming.
    I was looking for some input from the LEO and Military membership on this NRA advertisement and its implications.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have never seen that woman on camera not looking and acting incredibly angry. I wish the NRA would get a different spokesperson, but they probably just love her presentations.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    These people are batshit. I say that as someone that really likes guns and thinks that the NFA shouldn't exist.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can hear Devil fapping from here.

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was seriously hoping to get some LEO and active/former Military opinions on the content and message.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it is worded pretty well: "the clenched fist of truth". That's pretty good. It is worded so that they will be able to say, "What? We didn't advocate violence at all, we told people to stand by the truth in response to all of these attacks". But average Joe American who is already pissed off, and agrees with all of those things is going to say, "Yeah, f-em. We have to fight fire with fire." But will say those things while drinking beer at the river and then go back to work on Monday.

Is the idiots of the world who just got laid off from work or didn't get a new job they wanted, who will blame liberals/blacks instead of their shitty employment history or failed drug test. Those people will see this video and use it as an excuse to do stupid things.

In the end, it's not a very productive message. The first two paragraphs may be accurate based on some people's perception. But the last paragraph is irresponsible.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I happen to feel that "mainstream media" has decided to settle in on a modernized version of yellow journalism on many topics, though I don't know how much is comprised of selective truth telling, and how much is comprised of conscious or unconscious bias. There is a marked leap to editorialization in news, though the "mainstream media" does tend to prefer framing a subject a certain way vs Brietbart style making **** up (often in the form of conspiracy theories) to occupy space between tiny nuggets of accurate information.

As to the antics of the left, this strikes me as a very millennial heavy movement, which seems to have a mirror in the alt right. It is almost a reflection of frustration of perceived powerlessness among that group. They don't like the current economy, political climate, government, etc, so they misbehave.

Overall this ad strikes me as a good parallel to the anti-gun bloody flag waving that modern gun control groups like to use, and it is about as irresponsible as that, too. I give it a solid "meh." More of the same from the NRA. Shooting itself in the foot long term in order to bolster its war chest for the 2018 election cycle. Antifas, terrorists, communists. As long as there's an enemy . . .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meh, it's just business as usual for the NRA. Fear sells guns, it's not a new tactic. I really don't see the big deal.

Style
    Boxing/Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I signed up for a year. They fucked themselves out of another year's dues pretty good by having their scriptmonkey call me a "freedom hating radical" for opposing Trump's agenda.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pidgeonholing your base while alienating those different from you is poor marketing.