Page 4 of 21 First 1234567814 ... Last

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have some psychologist who is a member of the profiling project whose bio says that she has been an expert witness in various court proceedings. They also had a former police officer who had at least 20 years of experience. Frankly I expected a far better product from them.

The Redditor analogy appears to be spot on. And the report itself would not be admitted into evidence in a murder trial. There would be a court battle out of the sight of the jury over whether any of the authors would be allowed to testify as expert witnesses as to any of the conclusions they reached. Based on the report, I don't think a court would allow them to testify to anything other then that white guys generally don't get murdered in D.C. and then have their murders become cold cases. However this might not be found to be relevant once you had a real live defendant and would probably be excluded as evidence.

"Objection, it's not relevant that Seth Rich was very unlucky that evening"

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is someone else's take on the report.

http://thequietneighbor.blogspot.com...seth-rich.html

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Not that I could find. It is also unclear whether the Profiling Project is formally affiliated with GW University. It might just have recruited some of it's students.
    I would assume the latter but since they're using that particular feather in their caps I'd love to hear the university's take.
    If they are formally associated even more so.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's my thread, but I'm going to ask Phrost who he wants to moderate it. If we are going to get outside visitors to it, it should probably be culled.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam has asked ( i guess hinted? huh I took as a request) for some house keeping.
    On topic posts only please.

Missing posts about Russians and Trump and pee pee tapes are of course in the Legendary Trump Thread.

Send all complaints to me please, until someone else takes over.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/28/2017 2:55pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I could find. It is also unclear whether the Profiling Project is formally affiliated with GW University. It might just have recruited some of it's students.
    They are not affiliated with GWU, and they are being bankrolled by a Republican lobbyist and working in a private location.

My guess is the students are probably being paid to produce the reporting and give it academic credentials...even though none of the volunteers appear to be actual forensics experts and there is no GWU branding anywhere on the reporting.

The real cops (Washington MPD), on the other hand, have basically stated this is a conspiracy theorist and his room full of trained monkeys.

http://wjla.com/features/7-on-your-s...th-rich-at-gwu

GOP lobbyist Jack Burkman, who put up $105,000 of his own money as a reward to help solve Rich's murder, is also funding the Profiling Project and made the announcement of its creation months ago.

The students working on the project are volunteers, studying criminal investigation and forensics.

"This is a skill set that they have. These folks are going to become profilers. They are going to become Lead Investigative Agents," Kevin Doherty, who’s also a volunteer, said.
    That's a pretty impressive claim, that all these students are going to become profilers and agents. That's highly doubtful.

Jack Burkman (this guy)

Is the same lobbyist who already claimed that the DC police are hiding evidence and conspiring.

Investigator: Cops hid evidence, halted Seth Rich probe
    http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/gop-lobby...th-rich-probe/

Jack Burkman, the head of the Profiling Project investigative team, said police are no longer cooperating with anyone, and he believes they’ve completely stopped the investigation into Rich’s murder.
    The police have shut down all full operations,” Burkman told WND. “The police are not cooperating with us or anyone, which is sad. This has become a very systematic and deliberate effort by the D.C. police and the mayor to end the Seth Rich investigation.”
    in a statement to WND, the Metropolitan Police Department disputed Burkman’s allegations.
    MPD does not entertain conspiracy theories and does not engage with conspiracy theorists,” the statement from MPD’s Karimah Bilal said. “If you are in possession of information that you believe to be relevant to this or any case, please let us know the details of such information such that it can help, rather than hinder, our investigation.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/28/2017 2:36pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope that report didn't cost $105,000 to produce. It reminds me of that scene in the movie Dirty Dancing where Baby's Doctor father confronts her after an abortion gone wrong and yells "is this what my money paid for!"*

*since I didn't have access to the script I'm quoting from memory. I could be a bit off.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry $105,000 was the reward offered, the amount spent to fund the Profiling Project is publically unknown.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry $105,000 was the reward offered, the amount spent to fund the Profiling Project is publically unknown.
    I can imagine how the advert looked.

"STUDYING CRIMINAL JUSTICE? WANT TO MAKE $$$ AND BECOME A LEAD INVESTIGATOR WORKING FROM HOME? DIAL 1-800-DEM-DIDT"

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before I'm accused of being a tool of the DNC and Hillary, I'd like to confess I was and am a Bernie supporter and helped run his temporary campaign office in Norwich Connecticut between February and April of 2016.
    Of course.... that's exactly what a shill for DNClinton would say.....

Page 4 of 21 First 1234567814 ... Last