Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then we come to what is to me, Samuel Browning the most interesting part of the complaint. A mention of our friends at the Profiling Project. Starting on page 16.

"In addition, thoughout March 2017, Butowsky exhibited a great deal of anxiety with Jack Burkman, a Republican Lobbyist who claimed to have evidence that Seth Rich was killed by Russian operatives after Seth Rich discovered that the Russians had hacked the DNC. Obviously this narrative would contradict the story Butowsky wanted to write, and on March 2, 2017 Butowsky asked Zimmerman for Mr. Burkman's contact information and stated, 'I need to shut him up.' As Mr. Burkman began to gain additional notoriety, Butowsky's anxiety grew. On March 23, 2017, immediately after the Rich family announced that Burkman was involved in setting up a go-fund-me page to assist in investigating the Seth Rich murder, Butowsky wrote to Mr. Wheeler, "I am having a huge anxiety over Burkman today." (p. 16)

I'll make the observation that the Rich family was apparently working with both Butowsky, Wheeler, and Burkman in March 2017 and this was driving Butowsky up the wall because he wanted to control the family and the narrative. There is also a potential inaccuracy in the complaint because Jack Burkman was not insisting in public that the Russians had killed Seth Rich. He was only saying that it could have been a hit. He also was blaming the DNC and MPD for not disclosing information to the Profiling Project. Burkman, while a conspiracy theorist, was apparently too smart to go too far out on any particular limb of the conspiracy tree.

Wheeler claims that he first met Zimmerman with Butowsky at a restaurant in D.C. on February 28, 2017. After the lunch Butowsky introduced Wheeler to the Rich family, and told Wheeler not to mention that he had met Zimmerman. "Over the course of the following weeks, Mr. Wheeler had multiple conversations with the Rich Family regarding his retention. Mr. Wheeler spoke during this time with Seth's father, Joel, Seth's mother, Mary, and Seth's brother Aaron." (p, 17,) On March 14, 2017 "The Rich family formally retained Mr. Wheeler to investigate the murder of Seth Rich. Butowsky wired $5,000 to Mr. Wheeler as an up-front payment for the investigation." (p. 17.)

"Mr. Wheeler was able to secure an interview with Detective Della-Camera, with the Washington D.C. Metro Police Department on April 24. 2017. Detective Della-Camera is the lead homicide detective on the Seth Rich case. The night before the interview, Mr. Wheeler received and email from Butowsky that stated: "Della camera is either helping us or we will go after him as being part of the coverup." (p. 18.)

"Mr. Wheeler eventually met with Detective Della-Camera on April 25, 2017. Detective Della-Camera confirmed that he still believed that Seth Rich's murder was the result of a robbery gone bad. Detective Della-Camera also stated that he had nothing to say or to show that the shooting was related to emails or anything other than a street robbery. Detective Della-Camera also stated that he had no knowledge of any FBI involvement with the Seth Rich murder investigation. Finally Detective Della-Camera stated that he did not have anything pointing the finger at the DNC other than the conspiracy theories.". (p. 18.)

On May 10, 2017, "Butowsky and Zimmerman called Mr. Wheeler to inform him that they had supposedly secured a source at the FBI who confirmed that emails were sent between Seth Rich and Wikileaks." (p. 19.) The first draft of Zimmerman's article did not contain the offending quotations by Wheeler. On May 14, 2017 Butowsky was putting pressure on Wheeler to "complete his investigation" and mentioned the President wanted it out immediately. [Butowsky now claims he was joking] The story was then published on May 16th, Mr. Wheeler according to his complaint., provided different written quotes regarding Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Donna Brazile, "Two former chairs of the DNC who apparently called Detective Della-Camera to inquire as to why Mr. Wheeler was investigating the Seth Rich murder." (p. 20).

Wheeler then contends "At no point in time did Mr. Wheelr say that his investigation revealed that Seth Rich sent any emails to Wikileaks nor did he say that the DNC, Democratic Party or Clintons were engaged in a cover-up. In fact, the only purported source saying that Seth Rich sent any emails to WikiLeaks was Butowsky and Zimmerman's supposed source within the FBI. Mr. Wheeler had never even spoken with this individual, to the extent he or she even exists. In fact when when Mr. Wheeler was interviewed by a Fox affiliate on the evening of May 15. 2017, he made sure not to confirm as fact the proposition that Seth Rich sent emails to Wikileaks, instead confirming only that a 'source' (i.e. Zimmerman's and Butowsky's alleged source) had information that could link Seth Rich to Wikileaks." (p. 20.)

It is my personal opinion that Wheeler had committed a crucial mistake. The average listener was unlikely to carefully parse his statement, and realize that this "source" was not Wheeler's source, and that Wheeler had no way of checking whether this person even existed. It is also very possible, if not likely that Zimmerman and Butowsky decided to cut a major corner, by taking Hersh's supposed source, and then claiming to Wheeler that they had "secured" their help, counting on the sources anonymous nature to prevent inconvenient questions.

Following pages of the complaint discuss what happened next and how Wheeler was taken apart by the national press. (see pp. 27-28)

The Rich family ended up issuing a statement "condemning Zimmerman's article and Mr. Wheeler. Zimmerman responded by sending an email to Joel Rich that reads in part, "As you know, much of our information came from private investigator, Rod Wheeler, who we understand was working on behalf of you." In sum, Zimmerman doubled down on the defamatory comments she published about Mr. Wheeler. Indeed. Joel Rich responded with an email accusing Mr. Wheeler of making false statements. According to Butowsky, Zimmerman's bosses at Fox News reviewed the email she sent to Joel Rich and edited it before it was sent." (p. 23)

Wheeler claims on page 23 and 24 of his complaint that both Zimmerman and Butowsky admitted that they made up quotations from him while continuing to "push Mr. Wheeler to support Fox News and the Zimmerman story." (p. 24)

This story then turned even weirder when "during a May 19, 2017 telephone call between Butowsky and Mr. Wheeler, Butowsky revealed his plan to extort Sy Hersh in an effort to save the May 16, 2017 Seth Rich story. Specifically Butowsky stated:

"What I'm really good at is going on the offensive, okay. Once we assess the situation, so I've got a friend of mine from high school that does a lot of crises management stuff but we both think a lot alike. I sent him the Sy Hersh redacted where it's just his voice. He is going to record five seconds of Sy's voice. He's emailing Sy. That email is going to contain that five seconds, and he's going to say, you have three hours to write back who at the FBI you spoke to, with his name, that read you the Seth Rich report. If you don't give us that in three hours, a full recording of everything we have will be at each news agency tonight with your name and phone number on it. If you give it to us, you will never hear from us again."

Butowsky then claimed that he had Mr. Hersh's 'balls in a noose." Once the name of the supposed FBI agent was revealed, Butowsky planned to "publish it every fucking place and say, hey guys, guess what, this man has the report, go call him." (p. 27)

Based on Sy Hersh's career dealing with some very rough bureaucratic players and security and spy agencies, I find Butowsky's plan to be delusional. If Hersh would have been that easy to flip he would have never lasted in the particular corner of the news business that he has inhabited.

All this was too late for Mr. Wheeler. In a New York Times Report on 5-17-2017 this paper stated: "THe Rich family regrets hiring Mr. Wheeler and has objected to his many public comments and that Aaron Rich. Mr. Rich's brother said in an email Wednesday that Mr. Wheeler has Discredited himself as an objective investigator and has lost the confidence of the family. He said the politicization of his brother's death has been painful and debilitating".

Butowsky would later tweet on June 26, 2017 that "Fox News story was pulled b/c Rod Wheeler said [he] didn't say a quote . . . how much did DNC pay him?" (p. 28.)

At the beginning of March, 2017 there were two groups of Republican operatives/investigators who professed to be trying to help the Riches. Team Butowsky/Wheeler, and Jack Burkman and the Profiling Project. By May 16th, the Riches discovered that Butowsky and/or Wheeler were pursuing a political theory of Seth's death in order to blame Seth for the DNC leak. By the end of June, 2017 they would realize that Jack Burkman's The Profiling Project was similarly conspiracy minded, though the PP's shoddy report did not specify who any hitman or serial murder might have been working for when they killed Seth Rich. Unfortunately World Net Daily is also pursuing this investigation with yet another investigator insuring Seth Rich's family will not see the end to any conspiracy mongering any time in the foreseeable future.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CORRECTION

http://dcist.com/2017/03/seth_rich_r...cy_burkman.php

This article from March 2, 2017 reports that Jack Burkman was claiming "Seth discovered, shortly before he died, Russian involvement in the hacking [of the DNC] and the Russians did away with Seth,"

The Rich family stopped working with Burkman around this time.

Burkman's proof?

"Burkman's theory about a Russian hit job comes from a source who he is "certain" is a former U.S. intelligence officer. "If he was playing me, it'd be quite an act." says Burkman. He'd deserve an Emmy or an Oscar" Burkman met with the man for an hour and a half at the Four Seasons Hotel.

He was convinced of the veracity of the claims by the officer's claim that he had worked with the SAVAK, the Shah's secret police and intelligence force, in Iran. Burkman who "studied the Middle East" says very few people know about the SAVAK though it has its own Wikipedia page."

Similarly I, Sam Browning, have observed that almost every book about pre-revolutionary Iran or revolutionary Iran, covering the time period from say 1953 until 1979 in Iran mentions the existence of the SAVAK which was one of, if not the major repressive tool, the Shah of Iran used to keep power in this country. By the early to mid 1970s Iranian dissidents, political activists, and revolutionaries were complaining bitterly in the West about SAVAK's torture happy behavior. SAVAK's name and existence were widely known.

So no Jack, just because someone mentions SAVAK does not mean they formally worked with them in Iran 37 years ago.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even in my sheltered life, I've met 4-5 people who claimed to have been intelligence officers. Two of them claimed to have done "wet work" for the CIA et al.

I knew it was true because nobody but true operators know what "wet work" is...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would bet money that anyone in the CIA who had carried out abductions or murders* would not reveal such incriminating information to someone they knew casually let alone brag about it.

*The majority of people in the CIA push paper and perform administrative functions. Even most of the case officers(the spies) don't get involved in such activities which tend to draw attention to one's self.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I would bet money that anyone in the CIA who had carried out abductions or murders* would not reveal such incriminating information to someone they knew casually let alone brag about it.

*The majority of people in the CIA push paper and perform administrative functions. Even most of the case officers(the spies) don't get involved in such activities which tend to draw attention to one's self.
    Exactly my thoughts on the matter. But wait, it's so crazy, nobody believes it... totally brilliant !

I had a friend of mine who got stalked by a guy who claimed similar stuff...government assassin, covert ops, all that kind of stuff. She was my age (mid-50s) and met him on an online dating service. Claimed to have been to her house at night, tracked her cell phone, all kinds of crazy stuff...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Karate
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think there was a time when people read Soldier of Fortune and some of their earlier articles were actually written by people with some experience. Some of the early articles were quite good and were detailed enough with atmospherics, personalities, and other information that would allow someone to present themselves as having been somewhere or done something. That allowed people with enlarged imaginations to talk as if they had knowledge. After a while it becomes part of their narrative and they can't give it up.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://dcist.com/2017/03/seth_rich_war_room.php

Written by Rachel Kurzius

I should have found this weeks ago, but it's an article from the dcist.com about Jack Burkman's March 23, 2017 press conference. It makes Burkman appear disorganized and uninformed. For example:

"Burkman didn't have his facts straight at the press conference. At one point, he said the D.C. murder rate was in the thousands when he moved here 30 years ago. There were 225 homicides in 1987. He said that he had given $130,000 towards upping the reward money for information leading to Rich's killer, when he has pledged $105,000, with the D.C. Police offering the same $25,000 they do in any homicide. (Burkman also hadn't actually filled out the official paperwork to increase the reward, though his team says that he tried.) He didn't know how much he's spent on billboards or how many there are in the district. He said hundreds of college students would be contributing in the effort, when the number appears closer to 30. He even directed reporters to the wrong address in his email about the press conference. "I'm sorry about that," Burkman says, blaming it on his "factual senility".

Then Burkman brought on Kevin Doherty and Jennifer Rohrer, "his former professor". Evidently Jack Burkman had rented space for the "Seth Rich Center for Investigation" war room, and the Profiling Project would be housed in the same space.

Then Kevin Doherty said something very relevant about the re-enactments that Burkman loves.

"Doherty says he learned about Burkman's efforts when he rad about his plans to stage a full re-enactment of the murder which Doherty says would not be helpful. 'Sixty percent of cold cases are solved because someone comes forward'. he says."

Then there are some juicy details about Burkman's personal life, but I'll let you read those for yourself.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    I listened to it. Jerome Corsi is a big time conspiracy theorist, and he spent a great deal of time talking about Hillary and the DNC and computer security. I'm only concerned with Seth Rich's murder, and none of the other stuff.

However he makes the assertion as a bare fact that Seth Rich was a Bernie supporter who was very upset that the DNC was helping Clinton win the primaries. He offers absolutely no evidence to support this contention. Like did Seth ever contribute money to Bernie's campaign which would have shown up in public records? Another guy on the tape said "Seth Rich could feel" X, that's not proof folks. (see minute 55) "My state of mind analysis of Seth Rich", (minute 108) Some guy other then Corsi on the tape.

Then the guy on the tape who was a Hollywood film-maker says the best proof was Julian Assange's statements about Seth Rich, whereas David French of the National Review showed through textual analysis of what Assange actually said, that Assange never confirmed that Seth was a Wikileaks source. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...heory-disgrace.

Some of their other "proof" was that there was a hundreds of thousands of dollars in reward money and no one had come forward and people should be diming each other out on a street robbery/murder for that sort of money. My response is that rewards don't work all the time. Especially in the short term.

Did Seth tell a named source like his girl friend, a drinking buddy about his fervent support for Bernie? I've seen this claim made multiple times and it is never sourced.
    I found out the two individuals who are featured on this tape with Corsi are named Jason Goodman and George Webb. They both have their own you tube channels. Jason's is called "Crowd Source The Truth". Webb the taller one with a full head of hair was the one who was talking about timing how long it would take Seth Rich to walk home from the bar he was drinking in the night he died. This is a valid technique to try to understand the chronology of when Seth would have reached home that night.

However, I predict that these individuals and especially Webb will be pushing their own theories concerning who killed Seth Rich, and they will show up eventually in the right wing echo chamber.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 8/08/2017 1:10pm at .

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I'm a big coward, but if I believed the DNC hired contract killers to disappear leakers of unflattering information, I wouldn't make a big public case about it before having damning evidence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/543720728...#sp=show-clips

Here is the clip of Rod Wheeler on Sean Hannity's show on May 16, 2017. It's a fascinating mixture of truth and disinformation. For example, Wheeler says:

"I've had very little communication with the third party at all " [who funded the investigation.] If you read Wheeler's complaint that's a complete lie. There he claims extensive contact with Ed Butowsky, the funder. I think that Rod lied when he didn't have to, because he didn't want to admit the source of his funding. It was an unforced lie.

Hannity reads part of a statement by the Rich Family saying that the contract between Wheeler and the Riches give the Richs the right to pre-approve Wheeler's statements to the press. If so, Wheeler breached his contract with the family. Hannity says Fox was able to have access to the contract but does not confirm or deny the accuracy of this portion of the Rich's statement.

Rod then made some comments about the mysterious Federal Investigator who had access to the "FBI report" cpncerning Seth's computer. You would never know that Rod hadn't met with this source.

"a person whose credible, . . . we checked them out, we had to check them out, very credible". We now know based on the complaint that "We" is Butowsky and Fox news reporter Zimmerman. and based on the complaint Wheeler never met with this allegedly existing investigator. By "We checked them out" it indicates that Wheeler participated in the verification when he did not. Based on his complaint he was kept completely out of the loop on that one. In Wheeler's own complaint on page 19 (paragraph 70) he alleges. "On May 10, 2017 the day after President Trump fired Director Comey Butowsky and Zimmerman called Mr. Wheeler to inform him that they had supposedly secured a source at the FBI who confirmed that emails were sent between Seth Rich and Wikileaks." In the complaint there is no reference to Butowsky or Zimmerman providing any more information about this "source" to Wheeler. The implication is that Wheeler simply took them at their word, which is unbelievably poor investigative practice. If Wheeler was doing a competent investigation he should have demanded a personal meeting with this source.

When asked about the Bernie theory. That Seth had become a Wikipedia leaker because of his anger about how the DNC was treating Bernie Sanders, Wheeler said that he hadn't "seen any evidence in that regard". And had not seen any of the emails that were supposedly sent. Then Wheeler appears to support the Wikipedia theory by saying: "I don't know it as a fact, but it sure appears that way."

I believe the Brits call that scoring your own goal.

Hannity did ask Wheeler whether he had ever seen a robbery case in which the victim was shot and still left with their personal belongings on them. Wheeler said he hadn't but he couldn't rule out or eliminate this possibility.

If I were a defense attorney in this case I would certainly show this interview tape to the Jury to attack Wheeler's claims that Zimmerman had falsely attributed words to him.