Page 11 of 21 First ... 789101112131415 ... Last
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I really don't understand why the comments here aren't as poisonous as everywhere else? Salon hit a nerve on that one.

I have done zero moderation on this topic and there are no posts awaiting approval.

With as popular as the Profiling Project theory appears to be in the wild we should have some proponents here.
    The "2 shots to the back," thing. If I was going to latch onto a conspiracy theory, that would be the linchpin.

(edit) to be clear, I'm not agreeing with PP. Just sayin', I would also think we would see more noise because of that. Walter Scott, Dejaun Gillory, etc...

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I really don't understand why the comments here aren't as poisonous as everywhere else? Salon hit a nerve on that one.

I have done zero moderation on this topic and there are no posts awaiting approval.

With as popular as the Profiling Project theory appears to be in the wild we should have some proponents here.
    Fear will keep the local systems in line.

Fear of this battle station.

Style
    what style?
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aside from staging a "reenactment" based on incomplete information about what happened because the police think your batshit crazy and don't want your help. (like really?)

we get this bit of info from the slate article.
    Burkman entered the national spotlight in 2014, when he was apparently triggered by news stories about Michael Sam, a former college football star who became the first openly gay player signed by an NFL team. In response, Burkman created a group called American Decency, which protested the Dallas Cowboys’ signing of Sam because “Christian values and morals are trampled” by the presence of gays in pro football. He proposed banning all gay men from the sport.
    Jack Burkman professional alt right hate troll.
    **** THIS IDIOT...

Style
    what style?
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    The "2 shots to the back," thing. If I was going to latch onto a conspiracy theory, that would be the linchpin.

(edit) to be clear, I'm not agreeing with PP. Just sayin', I would also think we would see more noise because of that. Walter Scott, Dejaun Gillory, etc...
    Do you think someone might turn their back if there was a gun pointed at them?
    especially if turning your back pointed you at your house?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The shot in the back argument is one of two facts used to support the argument that this was something other then a botched robbery. The second fact is that Seth did not have any of his valuables removed. On the other side of the argument, are statements made by his parents at a press conference that he had bruises on his hands and face, and that his watch band was torn. Of course, given the situation, I'm not going to follow up by trying to clarify how they knew this. For example were they told this information by police, or did they find this out by examining Seth's body prior to the funeral? I assume the police are still keeping his watch and watchband as evidence.

If they were roughing Seth up, and trying to remove his watch, he may have decided to run for it, at which point his robber or robbers (non-mensa candidates) may have simply panicked and shot him in the back. I know that robbers typically like to keep their victims alive so they don't get charged with murder, but mistakes happen and it may have been his misfortune to draw some idiots who were angry that he was resisting.

Since I don't have the autopsy reports, and all the other information this is conjecture. But I don't think being shot in the back proves or disproves that this was a botched robbery since there are multiple ways Seth could have had his back turned towards one robber, or especially one of two robbers, if there were two, as his parents claim.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    The shot in the back argument is one of two facts used to support the argument that this was something other then a botched robbery. The second fact is that Seth did not have any of his valuables removed. On the other side of the argument, are statements made by his parents at a press conference that he had bruises on his hands and face, and that his watch band was torn. Of course, given the situation, I'm not going to follow up by trying to clarify how they knew this. For example were they told this information by police, or did they find this out by examining Seth's body prior to the funeral? I assume the police are still keeping his watch and watchband as evidence.

If they were roughing Seth up, and trying to remove his watch, he may have decided to run for it, at which point his robber or robbers (non-mensa candidates) may have simply panicked and shot him in the back. I know that robbers typically like to keep their victims alive so they don't get charged with murder, but mistakes happen and it may have been his misfortune to draw some idiots who were angry that he was resisting.

Since I don't have the autopsy reports, and all the other information this is conjecture. But I don't think being shot in the back proves or disproves that this was a botched robbery since there are multiple ways Seth could have had his back turned towards one robber, or especially one of two robbers, if there were two, as his parents claim.
    I will say with certainty, that if I am ever shot, it will be in the back, unless they shoot me before I can try to turn and run after attempting some sort of defense or distraction to prolong my life.

I too, do not understand how that proves anything except that Mr. Rich saw a threat and attempted to flee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    Do you think someone might turn their back if there was a gun pointed at them?
    especially if turning your back pointed you at your house?
    Sure. Do you think that a would-be mugger would subsequently escalate to murder of a fleeing mark, and, then, not take anything?

It's a lot of conjecture, and since we don't have most of the facts or any of the evidence, it makes no sense for us to try and reconstruct the scenario.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, that's actually the most likely reaction if you shoot somebody by mistake - panic and get the **** away before somebody looks out their window and spots you holding a gun over a corpse.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Sure. Do you think that a would-be mugger would subsequently escalate to murder of a fleeing mark, and, then, not take anything?

Yes actually, I would bet big dollars that is a very likely outcome. You (as in the dumb **** mugger) came for a small time mugging and then just accidentally committed a loud as **** murder with a gun. Not everyone commits murder in a casual fashion.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Uh, that's actually the most likely reaction if you shoot somebody by mistake - panic and get the **** away before somebody looks out their window and spots you holding a gun over a corpse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Yes actually, I would bet big dollars that is a very likely outcome. You (as in the dumb **** mugger) came for a small time mugging and then just accidentally committed a loud as **** murder with a gun. Not everyone commits murder in a casual fashion.
    So, how many shots before it's no longer a mistake?

Page 11 of 21 First ... 789101112131415 ... Last