Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    It's pretty simple, really.

Get a chinup bar or something similar at home.

I got one of those that goes in the doorway for my kids. Their Mom got them one for when they are at her house.

When they walk into the room, they do however many chin ups or pull-ups they can do.

Every day

If you can't do one chin/pull-up, then cheat by putting something under the bar so you can help yourself by pushing up with your legs a bit.

In Judo class, I have students help each other.

The goal is to be able to do one complete rep by yourself. Then two, then three, etc., then "cheat" and do more.

Part of the whole thing is to be able to activate the muscles you need to use, and the cheating helps you to learn to feel how to do that.

And no, I don't do chin-ups. The sound of my shoulders grinding is really gross...

Definitely this. I did the same thing - got one for home, and one for the office. Got the idea from a guy that looked like the Hulk. He basically put a pullup bar in every doorway he uses regularly, and does at least one each time he crosses a threshold. In an office environment, this also leads to things like friendly competition, which is a fun side effect, and good for morale.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Definitely this. I did the same thing - got one for home, and one for the office. Got the idea from a guy that looked like the Hulk. He basically put a pullup bar in every doorway he uses regularly, and does at least one each time he crosses a threshold. In an office environment, this also leads to things like friendly competition, which is a fun side effect, and good for morale.
    How'd you know what I look like?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    How'd you know what I look like?
    Well, duh... STALKING

Page 3 of 3 First 123