Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    If you are mad about the NRA in this instance its because you were under some kind of delusion that the NRA is actually out there for the greater good. Do you ever get those NRA letters in the mail? What are they always about? Not gun safety. Not cool new trends in guns. Not places to go to safely shoot guns. They are about sending money. And they tell you inflammatory things to get your emotions up a little and urge you to spend more money.
    Thanks for supporting my whole point about the NRA! We don't need an NRA, at least not in its current form.

Woohoo! I feel like I was right for once.

I think the same fear that the NRA stokes is why the officer was suddenly fearing for his life because somebody (with a scary "wide-set nose") happened to have a gun.

0-60 in 5 seconds, and Castille was dead.

At least the Blue Lives Matter movement isn't defending this...oh wait...they are.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/philand...eronimo-yanez/
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/30/2017 1:07pm at .

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

I think the same fear that the NRA stokes is why the officer was suddenly fearing for his life because somebody (with a scary "wide-set nose") happened to have a gun.
    This is where we disagree. That officer's actions were his own. The NRA didn't scare him into shooting a black guy. His own lack of training, experience, and personality is what did that. I would be willing to bet that guy isn't a member of the NRA and probably hasn't ever received a letter from them.

You drawing all of these conclusions about this shooting and going down this NRA rabbit hole doesn't have anything to do with this officer's decision to do what he did, in my opinion. The NRA is a whole different issue.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    This is where we disagree. That officer's actions were his own. The NRA didn't scare him into shooting a black guy. His own lack of training, experience, and personality is what did that. I would be willing to bet that guy isn't a member of the NRA and probably hasn't ever received a letter from them.

You drawing all of these conclusions about this shooting and going down this NRA rabbit hole doesn't have anything to do with this officer's decision to do what he did, in my opinion. The NRA is a whole different issue.
    Willing to bet why? I Guess you haven't seen the latest NRA scare ads...the ones that show protestors and Hollywood and "they/them" as threats?

Who knows if the NRA scared him...they're trying to scare everyone in America.

I don't need to be scared by Dana Loesch to buy a gun, thanks. I haven't forgotten the face of my father, yet.

Viral NRA ad sparks controversy
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...orig-vstan.cnn

"They use their media to assassinate real news. They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again. And then they use their ex-president to endorse “the resistance.”

All to make them march. Make them protest. Make them scream racism and sexism and xenophobia and homophobia. To smash windows, burn cars, shut down interstates and airports, bully and terrorize the law-abiding — until the only option left is for the police to do their jobs and stop the madness.

And when that happens, they’ll use it as an excuse for their outrage. The only way we stop this, the only way we save our country and our freedom, is to fight this violence of lies with the clenched fist of truth.

I’m the National Rifle Association of America. And I’m freedom’s safest place."
    https://www.vox.com/world/2017/6/29/...a-loesch-yikes
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 7/01/2017 12:08am at .

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. I've seen them. But I don't see any indication to show that the reason he did what he did was because of the NRA. I think that's pretty far fetched. I personally think it was because he watched too many Saturday morning cartoons growing up. We should get rid of those. I'll use the same evidence you are using to support my argument.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    NRA is a piece of **** organization. Still, if we are going to blame them for Castile then we need to blame them for every gun death. Fear mongering is a tactic used by most profitable organizations in security or self defense including or own favorite website base which is Martial Arts.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way I see it, Castille's color isn't the point, obviously, as much as the cop's fear of it, and how the NRA could help out, but doesn't. Selling guns is more profitable than gun safety, to them.

They never help out when it's a black family, and Flint, MI taught me that. Charlton Heston came to town and preached revolution, because a little girl was shot.

Deplorable doesn't come close.

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 7/08/2017 10:19pm at .

Page 4 of 4 First 1234