Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    the fact that the two blacks on the jury sided with the police officer says something to me.
    What did it say to you?

The "two blacks" on the jury validated what the other 10 morons did?

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a minute fact of this case for you to explore: Castille was pulled over because he had a "wide-set nose".

That was the ONLY reason.

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds like the jury thought that what the officer did was wrong, but that the acquittal was based on a technicality.

Dennis Ploussard said the two jurors, who were white, were holdouts on acquittal. He said the jury spent an entire day breaking down the legal definition of culpable negligence before the two relented Friday afternoon.

The jury then moved to a verdict, finding Yanez not guilty of manslaughter and felony gun charges tied to the shooting.

After the verdict was read, "we went back into the jury's room, we all bowed our heads in silence, and we did not say a word for at least five minutes,"Ploussard said in an interview with MPR News.

Ploussard told KARE 11 that there were "a lot of factors" that entered into the decision to acquit but "basically it was the way the law was written. We dissected it for at least five hours to put it in layman's terms so we could understand it .. understand what it meant."
    http://live.mprnews.org/Event/The_tr...anez/970456316
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You know...I had a thought about Castille. Something's been bothering me...where are all the NRA and 2nd Amendment SJW's protesting for what happened to Castille?

The Castille case is THE seminal gun rights issue of the decade...innocent armed man trying to comply, killed by cop for no reason other than he said he had a gun. Castille's 2nd Amendment rights AND liberty AND life were all violated, and strangely the NRA isn't having any rallies about the right to travel with a gun...they sure as hell rallied after Columbine and Sandy Hook, though.

Not one person in the GOP made any mention of this case in support of the right for people not to get blown away simply for having a legally owned firearm.
    The NRA is only for white people. I wish I was joking.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    BKR has a thread in the Armory and did not wish to discuss the specifics of the shooting, only helpful advise on how to not catch bullets from your local patrol officer when pulled over.

I figured we could do it here.

posts moved from Capitol Police
    and the one was copied from Amory thread on the topic.
    Not being black seems to work for not getting shot by the police.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know...I had a thought about Castille. Something's been bothering me...where are all the NRA and 2nd Amendment SJW's protesting for what happened to Castille?
    I think the NRA has taken a firm stance against the drive-around-smoking-pot-with-a-gun position in the past at some point.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I think the NRA has taken a firm stance against the drive-around-smoking-pot-with-a-gun position in the past at some point.
    There were no drugs in the vehicle, and the video recording clearly shows him cooperating with the officer.

They found THC in his system, but are you really suggesting he lost his 1st and 2nd Amendment privileges to live freely and be armed because at some point in the previous days he'd smoked a joint or something?

Colorado must have a real big problem with all those stoned, gun toting maniacs driving around.

The NRA doesn't seem to mind that a lawfully armed citizen was shot to death for no reason? But a little girl gets accidentally shot in Flint, Michigan, and the NRA rallied to make sure everybody remembers guns come first.

Hypocrisy in action.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/27/2017 11:44am at .

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    The NRA is only for white people. I wish I was joking.
    It's for people who want to promote the idea that owning guns is more important than almost anything else.

I really don't see the need for the NRA other than to manipulate legislation, and that's what Congress is for.

It's one thing to be a gun owner or 2nd Amendment (or any Amendment) supporter. I'm all for it.

It's another to be a real gun zealot. YOU KNOW who I mean...if you've ever been to a show.

Those people can be scary. Some of the nuttiest people I've ever brushed elbows with were at gun shows.

I prefer local stores...it's like Cheers, everybody knows everybody, sometimes for decades.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really don't see the need for the NRA other than to manipulate legislation, and that's what Congress is for.
    They lobby because of people like Sarah Brady and Dianne Feinstein are calling for complete gun bans.

“Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of all Americans to feel safe.” -Dianne Feinstein

“If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them; “Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ’em all in,” I would have done it.” -Dianne Feinstein

“The National Guard fulfills the militia mentioned in the Second amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves.” -Dianne Feinstein

"We must get rid of all the guns." -Sarah Brady
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, Feinstein did have what must have been a deeply traumatic personal experience regarding the Milk assassination. I believe this explains her proclivity for pushing as much gun control as she can. (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscon...assassinations )

Because I would argue that politically it's been a losing issue for Democrats. For some reason the Clintons really pushed it, but as was demonstrated in the last election it seemed to mobilize the opposition voters much more than it got the urban Democratic base voters out to vote. Many NRA members voted for Trump, while the Democrats saw less turnout from their base generally supportive of gun control such as women, urban African Americans, or urban hispanics (see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...nd-female-vot/ ) for Clinton than there had been for Obama. (Obama himself was pro gun control, but was much softer on the issue than the Clintons were. I believe his rhetoric on the issue was more conciliatory.)

In between the Clinton presidency and the Clinton presidential candidacy, Democrats generally did not run on gun control as a central issue, as they believed themselves to have been harmed politically by the passage of the Assault Weapons Ban.

So in other words I am not sure that the Democratic gun control platform is the product of accurate political calculus, but rather I believe it to be driven in part by high placed individuals who are very sensitive on the issue. In this regard, it does not surprise me that this dynamic has engendered political opposition from those who see the issue differently.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 6/27/2017 2:48pm at .
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last