Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The police cruiser dash cam was released today.

    All I can say from this angle is what the ****..

    As Castile hands Yanez his insurance card, he says, “Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me."

    Yanez: “OK, don’t reach for it then.”

    Castile: “I’m… I’m… [inaudible] reaching.”

    Yanez: “Don’t pull it out.”

    Castile: “I’m not pulling it out.”

    Passenger: “He’s not pulling it out.”

    Yanez: “Don't pull it out!”

    [Seven shots fired]

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Philando Castile Shooting Verdict Gen BS Version.

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Dude got shot and killed for a broken taillight and you are actually talking about more humane?
    You know...I had a thought about Castille. Something's been bothering me...where are all the NRA and 2nd Amendment SJW's protesting for what happened to Castille?

    The Castille case is THE seminal gun rights issue of the decade...innocent armed man trying to comply, killed by cop for no reason other than he said he had a gun. Castille's 2nd Amendment rights AND liberty AND life were all violated, and strangely the NRA isn't having any rallies about the right to travel with a gun...they sure as hell rallied after Columbine and Sandy Hook, though.

    Not one person in the GOP made any mention of this case in support of the right for people not to get blown away simply for having a legally owned firearm.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/24/2017 11:47pm at .

  3. #3
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,357
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You know...I had a thought about Castille. Something's been bothering me...where are all the NRA and 2nd Amendment SJW's protesting for what happened to Castille?

    The Castille case is THE seminal gun rights issue of the decade...innocent armed man trying to comply, killed by cop for no reason other than he said he had a gun. Castille's 2nd Amendment rights AND liberty AND life were all violated, and strangely the NRA isn't having any rallies about the right to travel with a gun...they sure as hell rallied after Columbine and Sandy Hook, though.

    Not one person in the GOP made any mention of this case in support of the right for people not to get blown away simply for having a legally owned firearm.
    I wasn't comfortable with the NRA's silence on the issue. It is to say the least inconsistent.

    I did talk it over with a friend, who was of the opinion that the NRA didn't want to offend small town sheriffs, whom they believe are an important part of their membership.

    Consider also Wayne LaPierre's stigmatizing, incorrect, and inflammatory statements on mental health.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,563
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BKR has a thread in the Armory and did not wish to discuss the specifics of the shooting, only helpful advise on how to not catch bullets from your local patrol officer when pulled over.

    I figured we could do it here.

    posts moved from Capitol Police
    and the one was copied from Amory thread on the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  5. #5
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I wasn't comfortable with the NRA's silence on the issue. It is to say the least inconsistent.
    I agree 100% there.

    The video didn't look good. But there were 2 black jurors who voted for acquittal.

    I will say Castille screwed up, but again, it still didn't look good. Back in my day, they even taught us in Drivers Ed how to act when stopped. Hands on the wheel, and don't move them unless told to, for starters. Castile didn't follow that common sense. But again I must stress, it still didn't look good.

    I often carry in my cars. I've never had a problem when I get stopped. But I always leave my hands on the wheel until told I can move them, whether I'm carrying or not.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  6. #6
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,563
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I agree 100% there.

    The video didn't look good.

    I will say Castille screwed up, but again, it still didn't look good. Back in my day, they even taught us in Drivers Ed how to act when stopped. Hands on the wheel, and don't move them unless told to, for starters. Castile didn't follow that common sense. But again I must stress, it still didn't look good.

    I often carry in my cars. I've never had a problem when I get stopped. But I always leave my hands on the wheel until told I can move them, whether I'm carrying or not.
    There we go. I fixed your post so you didn't sound like a racist. Notice how the message didn't change except ... you aren't separating black people from white people..



    Now please explain what you mean with the sentence I moved to it's own quote below?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    But there were 2 black jurors who voted for acquittal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  7. #7
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    There we go. I fixed your post so you didn't sound like a racist. Notice how the message didn't change except ... you aren't separating black people from white people..

    Now please explain what you mean with the sentence I moved to it's own quote below?
    Come on now, don't play that race card nonsense. I'm not racist in the slightest.

    I simply pointed out the jurors didn't split over race, as we see happen too often.

    What I meant was that with the political climate now, what with racial strife and police shootings as well, the fact that the two blacks on the jury sided with the police officer says something to me. Again, the shooting didn't look good to me. But I wasn't on the jury. It obviously looked ok to those 12 folks.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  8. #8
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,563
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Come on now, don't play that race card nonsense. I'm not racist in the slightest.
    Ok, that is why I asked. Many times geographic location and colloquialism color language in funny ways.

    I simply pointed out the jurors didn't split over race, as we see happen too often.
    That would have been a much more clear statement and left little ponder over. What was the racial make up of that jury?

    What I meant was that with the political climate now, what with racial strife and police shootings as well, the fact that the two
    SNIP
    blacks
    SNIP
    on the jury sided with the police officer says something to me.
    oh .... well it says to me that either you are pretending not to know what goes into jury selection or you really don't know how jury selection works. Besides if we are going by the illusion of things, the color of the people don't matter at all. We are talking about fair blind justice by the courts of law.

    Again, the shooting didn't look good to me. But I wasn't on the jury. It obviously looked ok to those 12 folks.
    It is often the case that those 12 people disagree with the millions of viewers and readers. It should make everyone question what info is being fed to each group and more importantly how.

    Information bubbles are a real thing, the main determining factor, here in the wild, seem to be political affiliation and social media use.


    (that video looks shady as hell yo...)

    *edit*
    Oh, that snip was to show an example of why I asked if you were racist. Not "prove" anything outside of that. In Cincy that would be kinda rude to have an (s) on it and not to add guy, girl, people or person behind "black".

    You don't have to change ****, since you have traveled and know the world you know that.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 6/25/2017 11:52am at . Reason: clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  9. #9
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Ok, that is why I asked. Many times geographic location and colloquialism color language in funny ways.
    Cool. Thx for asking.

    Again, I'm not racist. If I was, I'd be upfront about it like I a with my other beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    oh .... well it says to me that either you are pretending not to know what goes into jury selection or you really don't know how jury selection works.
    I'm a bit familiar with it. tbh, I think it's problem in our system. We shouldn't have both sides of the case trying to seat the best jury for them. We just need 12 people eligible for jury duty. No picking and choosing. But that aint gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Besides if we are going by the illusion of things, the color of the people don't matter at all. We are talking about fair blind justice by the courts of law.
    But it does matter to all too many people. To say otherwise is to deny reality. Now I'm not saying I like that, but it is what it is.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I wasn't comfortable with the NRA's silence on the issue. It is to say the least inconsistent.

    I did talk it over with a friend, who was of the opinion that the NRA didn't want to offend small town sheriffs, whom they believe are an important part of their membership.

    Consider also Wayne LaPierre's stigmatizing, incorrect, and inflammatory statements on mental health.
    The NRA didn't want to offend anybody?

    Since when did they become a bunch of progressive liberal pussies?

    That's a joke, by the way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in