Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    MMA/wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh no i wasnt lurking or anything.

i was picking her up and was early. my pride in bae was too strong i guess lol

Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP is a stalker IMO
    King without a crown

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The young guys at the grappling place I sometimes go to are always on their phones before the class starts, while I am trying to warm up my rusty self. As soon as the class is finished they run back to their phones.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ksennin View Post
    The young guys at the grappling place I sometimes go to are always on their phones before the class starts, while I am trying to warm up my rusty self. As soon as the class is finished they run back to their phones.
    Cellular and mobile technology has changed how society communicates, and especially for the millennials, for whom this technology has always existed, it has started to change social mores as well. Having teenagers, I've seen the shift in what is considered appropriate and acceptable from a social standpoint.

I had an older gentleman tell me a story about a teenage girl he was interviewing for a job, and said young lady pulled out her phone mid-interview to reply to a text message. While unconscionable to those of us who came into adulthood before cellphones were commonplace, to them, it is equally unconscionable to not be immediately available to those in their inner social circle. Another example-Texting is the de-facto form of communicating, and calling someone to have an actual voice conversation is reserved only for those you know on an intimate personal level. I made the mistake of suggesting to my youngling that she call someone from my landline. Oh the horror...SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THEM THAT WELL!!!

Thirty years ago, not many would have thought it strange if there was a rule stating no camcorders were allowed in the gym. I would argue it as justifiable on several fronts. It serves as a distraction, it could be capturing others who just want to train and are a little more conscious of their personal privacy, or it could be to protect the proprietorship of the instruction (who's to say the camera person isn't recording these lessons to sell them as instructional videos, for profit?) I've been to many a dog training seminar held by world class dog trainers who had a strict "no recording" rule for any or all of the reasons just stated.

But the technology to record, and distribute video has made it nearly impossible to prevent. And attitudes towards those concepts mentioned above have shifted from "mehh, I don't necessarily agree but I see your point, grumble grumble hrrmmfff..." to "what do you mean I can't have my cell phone? I just want to record my bae and put her awesomeness on the YouTubez. What's the big fucking deal with that?"

Style
    MMA/wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i see your point. i honestly was just trying to record her so i could show off to my buddies a little. But ofc, after they told me no, i put it away

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure it was harmless enough, and I'm fairly certain you are not the first person the instructor has ever told to put their phone away.

My point is more of a general statement that technology has changed the context of these sort of things.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You shoulld have seen enough kung fu movies to know that kung fu is a commodity that can be stolen through the eyes.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    You don't even train there?
    It's a potential distraction to your SO and other folks.
    You should probably just let her train and focus instead of lurking around in the first place.

Go eat ice cream or something perhaps.
    I agree with the above completely.
    Pretend I up arrowed instead of making this redundant post after down varrotting you..
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 2 of 2 First 12