Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... Last
    Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Capitol police remove disabled protestors from Mitch McConnell's office

I feel like there was a time when the visual of Capitol police dragging away disabled and medically fragile people from a politician's office would have been a political disaster. But the norms of politics have been repeatedly violated and we live in strange times. Do you feel that this event will be politically significant?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ice/419748001/

(There isn't much text to the article, but there are the images and video of disabled people being hauled away by the police.)
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where were the Capital Police when the Turkish President's security rushed protesters and put them in the hospital? Full situation review and video analysis
    WTF is wrong with this world?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I feel like there was a time when the visual of Capitol police dragging away disabled and medically fragile people from a politician's office would have been a political disaster. But the norms of politics have been repeatedly violated and we live in strange times. Do you feel that this event will be politically significant?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ice/419748001/

(There isn't much text to the article, but there are the images and video of disabled people being hauled away by the police.)
    They added text and the Twitter posts from the event are still being updated.

On the day that GOP senators released their version of legislation to repeal and replace Obamacare, protesters staged Thursday a sit-in in front of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's office.

The protesters, some of whom were in wheelchairs, were there to voice their opposition to health care legislation that would make deep cuts to Medicaid. They called their protest a "die-in."

One video showed people chanting, "No cuts to Medicaid, save our liberty!"

*Barrage of photos videos of disabled people being arrested from twitter*

The Capitol Police did not immediately return a request for comment from USA TODAY about the number of arrests at the protest.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Jits
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    WTF is wrong with this world?
    The world is running as usual, but you have not been paying attention until recently.

You're getting your panties twisted for things that for the most of the people in the world are their daily bread.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    The world is running as usual, but you have not been paying attention until recently.

You're getting your panties twisted for things that for the most of the people in the world are their daily bread.
    Maybe I just expect better out of Americans?
    Actually that is exactly my fucked up bias.
    I expect more despite watching things change.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One video showed people chanting, "No cuts to Medicaid, save our liberty!"
    Wow.

To those people, getting other folks' tax dollars is "liberty". Sad, really.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I just expect better out of Americans?
    Actually that is exactly my fucked up bias.
    I expect more despite watching things change.
    Can you please expand on that?

I'm also curious about how you describe yourself politically.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's really good the capital police were there to save the day by roughing up those dangerous protesters. Remember when I said republicans could do ANYTHING and still their supporters would cheer them??

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Can you please expand on that?

I'm also curious about how you describe yourself politically.
    I expect better out of my fellow Americans.
    What more is there to say?

Politically, I am an American.
    I am also curious about how you describe yourself politically. (since you have used that exact sentence a few times now I figured I could use it too. It is not rhetorical, I am actually asking)
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Wow.

To those people, getting other folks' tax dollars is "liberty". Sad, really.
    Learn to use the quote function correctly. Those are not my words.

Explain what you mean by "Sad, really". It makes no sense in this context.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... Last