Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackwinsemall View Post
    i see...sorry to cause any trouble man. i'll take your advice and go to a PT in the gym.

just trying to get better and bulkier for my girl, ya know?
    Look what you did!
    Now mom and dad are fighting!

(no need to apologize discussions like this are how we all learn)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I mean do you have even a single reference of this happening?
    I presented with a slightly strange pair of overuse injuries from lifting and judo, and was told that I should stop squatting and deadlift, stop lifting and wrestling altogether really, because the only safe method of working out is to work one muscle at a time. I remember it quite clearly. The part where he explained that isolation exercises were the only way to use one's body is where I realized I was going to be quite salty about paying this quack. He's a respected surgeon in a high-traffic hospital and came recommended to me.

Vid of the office visit or it didn't happen? Other less stark experiences are common for myself and people I know. The painkillers are poetic license but you're the one saying that "maybe try deadlifting if you need a stronger back" is bro-science.

If you critically interrogate laypersons who have run into medical issues as they try to start working out, you'll find plenty of stories like this. I stand by my assertion: a randomly selected non-sports doc is statistically no better than a shaman's spell for the combat athlete.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Style
    BJJ blue, judo ikkyu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sports docs of all stripes are about 50/50 in my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I suspect you don't have any numbers to back up that claim either.
    about 50/50 in my experience.
    about
    in my experience.
    sorry i left my extensive footnotes and references in my other pants

feck off ya pedantic twat
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Page 3 of 3 First 123