Page 2 of 13 First 12345612 ... Last

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Basically, yeah. 48.1% to 51.9%.

Is that pretty close for a "safe" district, though?
    Considering that district has been "red" for something like 40 years...that IS a pretty slim margin.

What I hate about these fringe races is how they get used as political ammunition...Kellyanne Conway came out of the ground to point to this race as some sort of proof that America loves Donald Trump.

The polling still continues to show otherwise...58% of America disapproves of Trump (Gallup 06/18-20/2017), and the trend is still in the red. So, no "referendum"...anybody who really expected this race to "flip" was kind of ignoring the last four decades it had been solid red. It was a long shot all the way.

What it does say though, is that a lot of voters in Georgia (nearly half) don't support the GOP any longer. That should be very concerning to the RNC....but they're so desperate for ANY win right now, they'll take what they can get, and Trump is already milking it on Twitter like the self-aggrandizing bastard he is.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Most people I know don't publicly say they voted for Trump because then they will just be called a racists or a bigot. So they keep it to themselves, then talk about it over beer or express it in the voting booth. I've never voted on party lines in my life. I do know a few who do, older folks. I know some ignorant folks on both sides that vote on party lines. But most people I know are reasonable and vote on issues.
    I consider many conservatives to be classy, straightforward, friendly people. There's nothing classy, straightforward, or friendly about Trump. And he is a race-baiting misogynist with a motor mouth, after all.

Most of the people I know who cried the night of the election...were actually registered GOP voters who went for Hillary. Many were embarrassed that he won, because they never wanted to vote for him in the first place. Try telling somebody who wanted Carson or Bush or Rubio or Fiorina that TRUMP was truly the best choice.

I know people who are liberal who proudly voted for Trump because they think he's "cool", and by that I mean he does whatever the **** he wants.

This is why I have a big problem with conservatives voting for Trump, claiming he's a conservative...when he's the most liberal, radical person I've ever seen in the White House. The fact that he won the GOP ticket still blows my mind.

How quickly people forget that just a few years ago, he was actively supporting and donating almost exclusively to liberal causes, before he began his second interest in the White House, and realized the GOP was ripe for takeover.

Did you know that of all Trump's political donations, the person at the federal level he's donated the most to is Charles Rangel (Democrat, NY), a well known ethics violator.

https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/21/2017 2:31pm at .

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, most people I know were going for Rubio. None of them like Trump. All of them hate Hilary.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    None of them like Trump. All of them hate Hilary.
    End of thread for any current political discussion, honestly.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I'll finally cave. I WOULD have voted for Jeb Bush over Hillary in a New York minute.

Why? Because he'd have been better than George W., and possibly almost as good as H.W.

At least he was bold and intelligent without coming across as a total jackass and pandering to the worst fringe elements possible.

Alas, I'll never know what could have been before that plague of fucking frogs descended on the GOP.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, most people I know were going for Rubio. None of them like Trump. All of them hate Hilary.
    Rubio would have been a bit too young and excitable for my vote.

He's got the right stuff, but he crumpled in every debate by essentially getting all worked up, especially over Trump, who is a master troll (not a complement).

Ghosts of Nixon's sweat and five-o-clock shadow...I hope Marco learned some valuable lessons this election. He could be President sometime next decade, if he did.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's a load of horse ****. For a couple reasons. Who you calling hillbilly? My whole family is from Alabama, Georgia, and north west Florida. And its a pretty huge family. First of all, we call hillbillies, people who live up in the mountains or hollers. The 6th district is just north of Atlanta and includes Atlanta suburbs. If you've been up there, we don't even hardly consider them rednecks. That's city folk. By far. I currently live in Pensacola and on the outskirts. I've been considering moving further out because it's getting too crowded. Our Population is 52,000 and 461,000 including the surrounding areas. The 6th district has a population of 692,000 alone. So we definitely don't consider them to be hillbillies or even rednecks. Maybe you just meant white southerners. That would probably be more accurate.

So, I'll assume you are talking about southerners. That would still be wrong. Because in Georgia they only started voting republican when Newt rode in around 1978 or 1980. If you ask most people, they will say they were democrats and that they didn't leave the party, the party left them. There was a lot of stuff going on around that time. But I still think that is not the issue. The main issue with most people I know, who voted for Bush, Obama, and Trump is Clinton and the main stream media. I know lots of people who would have voted for Bernie but would never vote for Clinton. As I've said before, I think Bernie would have won.

Now Trump is in and there has been so much backlash in the media about it, that people are now voting Republican out of spite, in my opinion. They don't particularly care how bad Trump is. When Ossof ran his campaign he took a bit of a Hillary approach and despite what the media is reporting, people around here don't like her, care what she thinks, or what she stands for. Her little apology tour that she went on is only making it looks even more tragic.

Most people I know don't publicly say they voted for Trump because then they will just be called a racists or a bigot. So they keep it to themselves, then talk about it over beer or express it in the voting booth. I've never voted on party lines in my life. I do know a few who do, older folks. I know some ignorant folks on both sides that vote on party lines. But most people I know are reasonable and vote on issues.
    I don't disagree with anything here. As to my hillbillies comment it was kind of a dig on certain people who seem to vote not only against their best interest, but often times in spite of really horrible actions committed by their candidates. It's hard for me to see people like that as anything other than a stick chewing moron.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    End of thread for any current political discussion, honestly.
    It does kind of sum up the election perfectly.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Rubio would have been a bit too young and excitable for my vote.

He's got the right stuff, but he crumpled in every debate by essentially getting all worked up, especially over Trump, who is a master troll (not a complement).

Ghosts of Nixon's sweat and five-o-clock shadow...I hope Marco learned some valuable lessons this election. He could be President sometime next decade, if he did.

If he is.... one of my best friends is very good friends with him. I am gonna get anyone who argues with me audited every year the rest of their life. >:-)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    OK I'll finally cave. I WOULD have voted for Jeb Bush over Hillary in a New York minute.

Why? Because he'd have been better than George W., and possibly almost as good as H.W.

At least he was bold and intelligent without coming across as a total jackass and pandering to the worst fringe elements possible.

Alas, I'll never know what could have been before that plague of fucking frogs descended on the GOP.
    Do you mean the tea party??

Page 2 of 13 First 12345612 ... Last