Page 27 of 28 First ... 17232425262728 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Retired ‘Navy SEAL’ praising Trump on Fox News was a fake"

Fox News ran a story on Oct. 8 about a decorated Vietnam War Navy SEAL and glass artist who created an enormous presidential glass seal he hoped to give to President Trump. On Thursday, 11 days later, the network retracted the story after being told the Trump supporter never served in the SEALs or in Vietnam, much less earned commendations for his service.

In the segment, John Garafalo said he served in the Vietnam War with the U.S. Navy SEAL team. Fox News reported that he also received two Purple Hearts and about two dozen other medals for his service.

The man’s claimed record turned out to be a fabrication. It was first discovered by former Navy SEALs. Both these SEALs and family members of Garofalo contacted Fox News about the story, according to the Navy Times.

Don Shipley, a retired SEAL, told the Navy Times that he contacted Fox on Oct. 9, the day after the story ran.

But the story was still on the news outlet’s Facebook page on Oct. 19. By then it had amassed 1.5 million views.

Fox published a correction on Thursday.

“All of Garofalo’s claims turned out to be untrue,” Fox’s correction stated. “The fact is that he did not serve in Vietnam. He was never a U.S. Navy SEAL. Even though he showed us medals, Garofalo was not awarded two Purple Hearts or any of the other nearly two dozen commendations he claimed to have received, except for the National Defense Service Medal.”

A Fox spokesperson told the Navy Times it would run an on-air correction on Sunday.

“Fox News not withdrawing that story has drove me nutty,” Don Shipley, a retired SEAL who tracks down and exposes bogus military service claims and was the first to obtain official records disputing Garofalo’s story, told the Navy Times.

In the retracted segment, Fox News reporter Bryan Llenas repeatedly praised Garofalo for his service.

“Garofalo is used to working under pressure,” Llenas said. “The Vietnam War veteran served seven years as a member of the nation’s first Navy SEAL team. He was awarded 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts.”

“You are a hero,” Llenas told him.

“God bless John Garofalo,” another anchor said. “We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.”

Shipley said he reached out to Llenas via Facebook, telling him that Garofalo was not a Vietnam War veteran.

“You can turn this story around,” he told Llenas, according to the Navy Times.

In its correction, Fox News said that, “Over the last two weeks, we’ve worked with Garofalo’s family and the National Personnel Records Center to get to the bottom of a military past that Garofalo had claimed to be covert.”

Garofalo served in the Navy from Sept. 6, 1963, to Sept. 6, 1967, according to military records obtained by the Navy Times. He told the newspaper he’s been lying about being a Vietnam veteran and a Navy SEAL for years.

“It got bigger and bigger,” Garofalo told the newspaper in a telephone interview. “What I did I‘m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs.”
    You would think they would have people doing basic checks on these people. But then again Gorka is still rubbing elbows with the President and showing up on Fox. I am glad they corrected it. I have been waiting for the correction to pull the trigger on this one. I had almost giving up and given them more points towards being actual Fake News.

This is of course is just another simple honest mistake with super secret military records, OG Seal Membership, and 22 medals including two purple hearts. I do wonder where he got the National Defense Service Medal as Fox claims in their correction if he wasn't in Nam...Korea, The Gulf?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I nominate Bill O'Reilly as Fake News man of the century, and his ex-parent network as the slimiest bunch of tentacles since Cthulhu himself.

This is why Trump is President, because guys like this can hush up whatever they do wrong and get paid for it. Remember his dildo voicemail scandal? People actually tune into this *****-grabber for values.

Fox gave Bill O'Reilly big contract after $32 million settlement: http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/21/medi...ent/index.html

There is some really inappropriate Sean Hannity video out there, chasing women at rallies. Maybe I should nominate him...but really what's the difference anymore.

Something about pigs being more equal than others....I get it now. Took me 20 years.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/22/2017 1:36am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The ‘dossier’ and the uranium deal: A guide to the latest allegations
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.39bfae2869c1

The Uranium deal

Background: In 2010, Rosatom, the Russian nuclear energy agency, acquired a controlling stake in Uranium One, a Canadian-based company that had mining licenses at the time for about 20 percent of U.S. uranium extraction capacity. (Note: actual production is currently only about two percent — and the United States as a whole extracts relatively little uranium.) The agreement was approved by the Obama administration when Clinton was secretary of state.

Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining financier and a major contributor to the Clinton Foundation, had sold a company, UrAsia, to Uranium One in 2007. Individuals related to Uranium One and UrAsia, including Giustra, donated to the Clinton Foundation, totaling about $145 million. Meanwhile, in 2010, Bill Clinton received $500,000 from a Russian bank to give a speech at a conference in Moscow.

Trump, during the campaign, tossed all of these separate facts together to falsely claim that Clinton “gave 20 percent of our uranium — gave Russia for a big payment.” But numerous fact checks have found no evidence for this claim. The original suggestion of wrongdoing was first raised in a book underwritten by an organization headed by Stephen K. Bannon, a key adviser to Trump.

Why It’s Important: Whenever news about the Russia investigation heats up, the Trump White House cites the uranium deal in an effort to muddy the waters and suggest that Russia had gained something from Clinton in exchange for money. Trump himself has claimed the case is “Watergate, modern age.”

But there is no evidence Clinton even was informed about this deal. The Treasury Department was the key agency that headed the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States which approved the investment; Clinton did not participate in the CFIUS decision. The deal was also approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Ultimately, only the president could have blocked or suspended the arrangement.

Moreover, no uranium produced at U.S. mines may be exported, except for some uranium yellowcake which is extracted and processed in Canada before being returned to the United States for use in nuclear power plants.

What’s New: The Hill newspaper on Oct. 22 reported the FBI had gathered evidence at the time of the sale that a Russian Rosatom official had conducted a massive bribery scheme, compromising an American trucking company that shipped uranium for Russia. The official eventually was convicted in 2015, but Republicans have said the case should have raised alarms about the Rosatom investment in Uranium One and possibly blocked the deal. But there is no evidence that U.S. officials weighing the transaction knew about the FBI investigation.

The reporting prompted House Republicans to announce they would launch an investigation. With the apparent urging of President Trump, the Justice Department gave a former FBI informant in the case approval to testify before Congress. The informant’s lawyer claimed he would discuss his work “uncovering the Russian nuclear bribery case and the efforts he witnessed by Moscow to gain influence with [former president Bill Clinton and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton] in hopes of winning favorable uranium decisions from the Obama administration.”

What’s controversial: Any suggestion that Russian money was directed to influence Clinton’s decisions would be explosive. But the fatal flaw in this allegation is Hillary Clinton, by all accounts, did not participate in any discussions regarding the Uranium One sale which — as we noted — does not actually result in the removal of uranium from the United States.
    Handy reference to debunk the Uranium One and the Steele Dossier (not quoted here) being spread by Trump supporters. The page contains links and sources.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trump and his allies are laying the groundwork for a Saturday Night Massacre

Let’s be clear on what’s happening in our politics right now. President Trump and his media allies are currently creating a vast, multi-tentacled, largely-fictional alternate media reality that casts large swaths of our government as irredeemably corrupt — with the explicitly declared purpose of laying the rationale for Trump to pardon his close associates or shut down the Russia probe, should he deem either necessary.

We often hear that Trump and his allies are trying to “distract” from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s intensifying investigation. That’s true, but this characterization inadequately casts this in terms ordinarily applied to conventional politics. Instead, Trump’s trafficking in this stuff should be seen as another sign of his fundamental unfitness to serve as president. Similar efforts by his media allies should be labeled as a deliberate effort to goad Trump into sliding into full-blown authoritarianism, and to provide the air cover for him if he does do so.

The Associated Press reports that people who have spoken to Trump say that he has recently revisited the idea of trying to remove Mueller, now that Mueller appears to be digging into Trump’s finances. Meanwhile, CNN reports that former Trump strategist Stephen K. Bannon is privately urging Trump to try to get Republicans to defund Mueller’s probe.

Monday night, Sean Hannity delivered perhaps the most perfect expression yet of efforts to create the rationale for such moves. Hannity dismissed the news of major allegations against Trump’s campaign chair Paul Manafort and the cooperation adviser George Papadopoulos as big nothingburgers. He also hit all the high points of the new Trump/media campaign, points that Trump himself and the White House have made repeatedly in public statements. Those include reviving the made-up scandal that Hillary Clinton approved a deal for a Russian nuclear agency to gain access to U.S. uranium extraction rights in exchange for kickbacks, and the absurdly exaggerated claim that the Clinton campaign, having paid through various intermediaries for research that ultimately led to the “Steele Dossier,” actually colluded with Russia to interfere in the election. These have been extensively fact checked and debunked.
    Article is fully sourced and very well written. Again this is not the fake news but a warning of fake news and the specifics being said on conservative media outlets.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trump allies can't stop accidentally referring to Hillary Clinton's nonexistent administration
    http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-...ration-2017-10

The Fox News host Sean Hannity on Monday accidentally referred to a nonexistent Hillary Clinton administration, continuing an unusual emerging trend among allies of President Donald Trump.

While discussing an Obama administration-era uranium deal that many Trump supporters have for years tried to link to the Clintons, the host tripped up.

"Now that we have no Trump collusion, here's what we do have tonight," Hannity said. "This is what the media will ignore. This is what matters. These are the facts. This is where the evidence comes in.

"What did President Clinton, or President Clinton wannabe President Obama and key members of the administration — what did they know about the Uranium One scandal?" he said.

Hannity wasn't the first Trump ally in recent days to reference a nonexistent Clinton administration while stoking anger over the deal.

The 2010 deal allowed a Russian nuclear-energy firm to acquire the Canada-based company Uranium One, which had a stake in US uranium production, and required the confirmation of nine government agencies, including the Clinton-led State Department.

In an interview on "Fox & Friends Weekend" on Saturday, the former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski mocked pending indictments of former Trump campaign officials, arguing that members of the media were ignoring the Uranium One deal.

"The speculation is so insane right now," he said. "What we should be focusing on are the continued lies of the Clinton administration, the continued fallacies that they perpetuate."
    Sourced, linked, and video included on page.

The last three posts seem to strangely all fit together with some weird binding agent holding where the corners meet, can you guess what it is?

Spoiler:
    the connecting substance is Fox News
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone is seeing "'Kill them all' other calls to violence by groups you disagree with... please read this.
    'Kill them all' -- Russian-linked Facebook accounts called for violence
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/31/medi...nce/index.html

Facebook accounts run by Russian trolls repeatedly called for violence against different social and political groups in the U.S., including police officers, Black Lives Matter activists and undocumented immigrants.
    Posts from three now-removed Facebook groups created by the Russian Internet Research Agency suggest Russia sought not only to meddle in U.S. politics but to encourage ideologically opposed groups to act out violently against one another. The posts are part of a database compiled by Jonathan Albright, the research director at Columbia University's Tow Center for Digital Journalism, who tracks and analyzes Russian propaganda.
    While this article is about actions in Jan. there are plenty of groups active and currently spreading division and violence between Americans. Not all are Russian and not all are False Flags. Some are actual home grown terrorist groups. Report them where ever you see them. Violence has no place in Democracy.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Jenna Abrams, Russia’s Clown Troll Princess, Duped the Mainstream Media and the World
    Roseanne Barr and Michael McFaul argued with her on Twitter. BuzzFeed and The New York Times cited her tweets. But Jenna Abrams was the fictional creation of a Russian troll farm."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna-...-and-the-world

Congressional investigators working with social media companies have since confirmed that Abrams wasn’t who she said she was.
    Her account was the creation of employees at the Internet Research Agency, or the Russian government-funded “troll farm,” in St. Petersburg.
    Jenna Abrams, the freewheeling American blogger who believed in a return to segregation and said that many of America’s problems stemmed from PC culture run amok, did not exist.
    But Abrams got very real attention from almost any national news outlet you can think of, according to a Daily Beast analysis of her online footprint.

Abrams, who at one point boasted nearly 70,000 Twitter followers, was featured in articles written by Bustle, U.S. News and World Report, USA Today, several local Fox affiliates, InfoWars, BET, Yahoo Sports, Sky News, IJR, Breitbart, The Washington Post, Mashable, New York Daily News, Quartz, Dallas News, France24, HuffPost, The Daily Caller, The Telegraph, CNN, the BBC, Gizmodo, The Independent, The Daily Dot, The Observer, Business Insider, The National Post, Refinery29, The Times of India, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail, The New York Times, and, of course, Russia Today and Sputnik.
    Many of these stories had nothing to do with Russia—or politics at all. Instead, stretching back to 2014, Abrams’ account built up an image of a straight-talking, no-nonsense, viral-tweet-writing young American woman. She was featured in articles as diverse as “the 15 funniest tweets this week” to “#FeministAMovie Proves Why Twitter Can’t Have Nice Things.” Then, once she built her following, she would push divisive views on immigration, segregation, and Donald Trump, especially as the 2016 election loomed.

So .... yeah. Article continues in great detail and is fully sourced with video, links, pictures, screen shots etc.

Abrams’ pervasiveness in American news outlets shows just how much impact Russia’s troll farm had on American discourse in the run-up to the 2016 election—and illustrates how Russian talking points can seep into American mainstream media without even a single dollar spent on advertising.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    "Jenna Abrams, Russia’s Clown Troll Princess, Duped the Mainstream Media and the World
    Roseanne Barr and Michael McFaul argued with her on Twitter. BuzzFeed and The New York Times cited her tweets. But Jenna Abrams was the fictional creation of a Russian troll farm."
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna-...-and-the-world

So .... yeah. Article continues in great detail and is fully sourced with video, links, pictures, screen shots etc.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Right-wing blogs smeared Roy Moore accusers with conspiracy theory crafted by troll who stole a dead SEAL’s identity"
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/rig...eals-identity/
    Soon after four women came forward with allegations that Alabama’s GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore “dated” them when they were teens and he was in his 30’s, the right-wing Gateway Pundit blog published a story claiming one of the women was paid to go public.

Now, The Daily Beast has revealed that not only did that theory come from a Twitter troll — but also that the user, @Umpire43, stole the identity of a dead Navy SEAL to do so.

Umpire43, the Beast’s report notes, is a “serial fabulist,” and has claimed to be many things throughout the years — “a 22-year veteran of the Navy, a pollster at Ipsos/Reuters, an expert on rigging voting machines, a source who was feet away from Reince Preibus whose family has connections in the Clinton campaign, a man who speaks six languages, a beleaguered soul who needed time off after 9/11 when he saw Muslims “dancing on rooftops,” the owner of a polling company who claimed Trump had a sustained lead in California and an actual baseball umpire with 50 years experience.”

He also, at one point, claimed he worked for America’s Calgary consulate and had proof that Ted Cruz’s father forged his own birth certificate.

When asked by the Beast if someone named “Doug Lewis” or “DJ Lewis” worked for them, all of the employers the troll claimed confirmed he’d been lying about them. Doug Lewis, they found, was actually a SEAL that died in 2007.

“A family friend in Alabama just told my wife that a WAPO reporter named Beth offered her 1000$ to accuse Roy Moore,” Umpire43 wrote in a tweet deleted with the rest of his account on Tuesday morning.

Unsurprisingly, Umpire43’s phony “report” made its’ way to InfoWars, the r/The_Donald subreddit and even the pro-Trump One America News Network.

As the Beast noted, it wasn’t the first time his false claims have reached a large audience.
    Article is sourced, and continues in detail. Seems like the type of person we would love to come visit us here and make some claims ...
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "RUSSIA’S ‘EVIDENCE’ THAT THE U.S. IS HELPING ISIS IS FOOTAGE FROM A 2015 COMPUTER GAME"
    http://www.newsweek.com/russias-evid..._medium=Social

Russia’s Ministry of Defense has provoked a torrent of mockery from its own followers after it published “irrefutable evidence” that the U.S. is in league with the Islamic State militant group (ISIS) that turned out to be footage from a 2015 video game.

Russia, which has backed Bashar al-Assad during the war in Syria, has often been critical of U.S. operations there, repeatedly claiming that U.S. forces are at best ineffectual at fighting ISIS or at worst in cahoots with jihadist groups.

After a series of allegations, Moscow decided to publish video evidence that it claims shows how close Washington is to the group it is officially fighting.

“The U.S. are actually covering the ISIS combat units to recover their combat capabilities, redeploy, and use them to promote the American interests in the Middle East,” Russia’s Ministry of Defense wrote in a Twitter post, with attached images. The post also linked to a longer Facebook message accusing the U.S. of sympathizing with ISIS.
    Anyone happen to catch a running theme? .. and yeah article is sourced, with video, and with surprising detail.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 27 of 28 First ... 17232425262728 Last