1. #231
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,502
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Stoking Islamophobia and secession in Texas -- from an office in Russia"

    On May 21 2016, a handful of people turned out to protest the opening of a library at an Islamic Center in Houston, Texas. Two held up a banner proclaiming #WhiteLivesMatter. A counter-protest began across the street; video shows a noisy but non-violent confrontation.

    The rally -- called "Stop Islamization of Texas" -- was called and promoted by a Facebook page called Heart of Texas, which had wrongly alleged that the Islamic library had received public funding. But the Heart of Texas page listed no contacts in the Lone Star state. In fact, it was operated by a "Troll Factory" called the Internet Research Agency thousands of miles away in St Petersburg Russia, CNN has learned.
    One of the people who attended the rally later complained: "Heart of Texas promoted this event but we didn't see ONE of them."
    The Houston rally sheds light on an effort originating in Russia to sow discord in the U.S. through social media; in this case it had real impact on the ground.

    Not only were police on the scene, the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Texas, Mustafaa Carroll, told CNN that his organization had contacted the FBI about comments posted on the Heart of Texas page before the protest. One of them read: "Need to blow this place up. We don't need this **** in Texas."

    The protest was also discussed by Houston City Council three days after it took place.
    Generating anti-Muslim sentiment in the US was one of the goals of the Russian campaign.
    Article is of course sourced and continues in more detail.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politi...ent/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  2. #232
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really, really old news, but I'm glad it's getting front page attention now. I have peers whose research is related to this, but can't be fully explored/published right now for obvious reasons.

    Yes, if you hate Muslims, or immigrants..or really anything about America...part of why you hate Muslims, immigrants, or America as-is is because of Russian influence from dark cyberfarms such as "The Internet Research Agency".

    If you want Texas to do the most absurd thing since the Civil War and secede...it is because it would make a certain Russian dictator very, very happy and his minions are stoking your emotions via classic Soviet-era propaganda.

    If you got really fired on on a Facebook page with like-minded folks..chances are they were imposters.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    "Stoking Islamophobia and secession in Texas -- from an office in Russia"

    Article is of course sourced and continues in more detail.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/politi...ent/index.html

  3. #233
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Wondering how many of these who now complain were themselves promoting fake news and hoaxes.
    You know, I really try hard not to come down on gun lovers who have been brainwashed into believing gun massacres are all hoaxes.

    Sandy Hook conspiracies had a HUGE following right after Newton...I ascribe that to its shock value...so hard to picture a room full of 6 years olds being executed one by one, isn't it. "The gov'ment did it" is actually easier to swallow.

    Thankfully over time, the victims families band together and go after these clowns and shut them out of rational discourse, especially online...but the fact that they even have to is madness.

  4. #234
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? You mean when Steve Bannon described himself as a "Leninist", he was being serious?

    Of course, now his strategy based on that fictional book he bases everything on makes sense. He's been open about destabilizing the US government all along...why wasn't anyone taking him seriously?\

    Ah, now I remember...Hillary Clinton was the devil. Bill Clinton, a rapey man. Obama was a murderous Islamy, and even Paul Ryan was a cuck douchebag.

    Remember when Bannon said being "Darth Vader" was "good"? Think about the kind of guy who actually believes that statement. He's been destroying everything he touches.

    No wonder John Kelly kicked him the **** out of the White House. Oorah.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Quick update on the Fake News front the Sputnik-Infowars-Breitbart and Gateway Pundit connections.
    "RIGHT-WING U.S. SITES SPREAD RUSSIAN FAKE NEWS, SAYS SPUTNIK WHISTLEBLOWER"
    Article with sources.

  5. #235
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now we just have to figure out who hacked John Kelly's cell phone...and I have a feeling I know.

    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...romised-243514

  6. #236
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Insidious..
    Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030
    Lomonosov Moscow State University Press Release

    https://astronomynow.com/2015/07/17/...e-age-by-2030/
    he arrival of intense cold similar to the one that raged during the “Little Ice Age”, which froze the world during the 17th century and in the beginning of the 18th century, is expected in the years 2030—2040. These conclusions were presented by Professor V. Zharkova (Northumbria University) during the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno in Wales by the international group of scientists, which also includes Dr Helen Popova of the Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics and of the Faculty of Physics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Professor Simon Shepherd of Bradford University and Dr Sergei Zharkov of Hull University.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #237
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,639
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Insidious..
    Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030
    Lomonosov Moscow State University Press Release

    https://astronomynow.com/2015/07/17/...e-age-by-2030/
    he arrival of intense cold similar to the one that raged during the “Little Ice Age”, which froze the world during the 17th century and in the beginning of the 18th century, is expected in the years 2030—2040. These conclusions were presented by Professor V. Zharkova (Northumbria University) during the National Astronomy Meeting in Llandudno in Wales by the international group of scientists, which also includes Dr Helen Popova of the Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics and of the Faculty of Physics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, Professor Simon Shepherd of Bradford University and Dr Sergei Zharkov of Hull University.
    This is crap (yours). Where's their study and why is it relevant??

    Why are you posting this in the Fake News thread?
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/14/2017 10:28pm at .

  8. #238
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    14,357
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Fox News is slowly inching towards "Fake News". Just an inch everyday.
    "Behind Fox News' Baseless Seth Rich Story: The Untold Tale"
    http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783...ake-news-story
    "Slowly inching"? Hasn't Fox News already declared itself a news-esque entertainment network years ago?

  9. #239
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,502
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    "Slowly inching"? Hasn't Fox News already declared itself a news-esque entertainment network years ago?
    Strangely enough that is/was Fake News.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  10. #240
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,591
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You know, I really try hard not to come down on gun lovers who have been brainwashed into believing gun massacres are all hoaxes.

    Sandy Hook conspiracies had a HUGE following right after Newton...I ascribe that to its shock value...so hard to picture a room full of 6 years olds being executed one by one, isn't it. "The gov'ment did it" is actually easier to swallow.

    Thankfully over time, the victims families band together and go after these clowns and shut them out of rational discourse, especially online...but the fact that they even have to is madness.
    Was it the Russians?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in