Page 21 of 28 First ... 11171819202122232425 ... Last
  1. #201
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You saying this is fake and Fox is reporting it as real?
    Or are you trying to somehow say crazy or extremism is limited to one political or religious group?

    *edit*
    I rewatched Monkeyshines today btw.
    I am considering changing my name here to Ella.
    Many over the years have called bullshido.net lame, but I don't think you need to go quite that far...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #202
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Everything I just looked over seemed legit.
    **** ton of Right Wing Conservative Ya'llQuada Fox News propaganda pretending Christians are being discriminated against and some extremest liberal types who plan on protesting an event.
    *edit* Hell this group of leftists even seem to be real */edit*

    I didn't see any threats of violence up on the MiPD site.
    Right, I didn't see anything related to calls for violence either. However, the rhetoric regarding the (looks like a rather fringe) Catholic group seemed a bit off. Like somebody was doing a parody of some sort.

    I mean, the Catholic group is run by a female, Vietnamese immigrant...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #203
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,543
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Right, I didn't see anything related to calls for violence either. However, the rhetoric regarding the (looks like a rather fringe) Catholic group seemed a bit off. Like somebody was doing a parody of some sort.

    I mean, the Catholic group is run by a female, Vietnamese immigrant...
    I agree there appear to be double handfuls of extremism to pass around in this story. But to be fair a large number of people support policies and belief systems which appear to be contrary to their benefit. Like the whole subservient and submissive Christian/Muslim woman bit or the dirt poor Republicans or the violent Leftists, none of that **** makes sense but it does happen and exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  4. #204
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I agree there appear to be double handfuls of extremism to pass around in this story. But to be fair a large number of people support policies and belief systems which appear to be contrary to their benefit. Like the whole subservient and submissive Christian/Muslim woman bit or the dirt poor Republicans or the violent Leftists, none of that **** makes sense but it does happen and exist.
    It's often very difficult to understand belief (and/or experience)-driven behavior from within your own bubble of reality. What's crystal clear to you (or me) is muddy water to others.

    Some folks value things over economic security as you or I might see it, or even how to achieve economic prosperity, or even just getting by.

    It's not just what but how, in a lot of cases.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #205
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,410
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    It's often very difficult to understand belief (and/or experience)-driven behavior from within your own bubble of reality. What's crystal clear to you (or me) is muddy water to others.

    Some folks value things over economic security as you or I might see it, or even how to achieve economic prosperity, or even just getting by.

    It's not just what but how, in a lot of cases.

    This is true even among professionals that have completed post graduate, science based training

  6. #206
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,543
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Maybe my post was OT, apologies if so...

    Fox news is reporting as real. I believe that the Catholic group is real, however, the Michigan group not so sure, thought it might be another fake antifa-type group.

    I'm having a slow day, bear with me. Not sure if need more coffee, or a senior-rest day...
    I was confused as hell too when I saw the article and the participants. It read like a satire site "Christian Militants vs Anti Fascist Feminazis, news at 11:00"

    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    This is true even among professionals that have completed post graduate, science based training
    I was trying to make a similar post using shared demographics instead of professionals and post grads earlier but couldn't make it clear and precise enough and tossed the post. You nailed it.

    Humans are weird critters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  7. #207
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    This is true even among professionals that have completed post graduate, science based training
    Of course...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #208
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here, this may help to understand...
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/28/us/rob...elt/index.html
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #209
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,543
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sam Browning may like this one as well as you BKR.
    A GOP STAFFER CROWDSOURCED A RESOLUTION FROM A CONSPIRACY SUBREDDIT
    https://www.wired.com/story/republic...ald-resolution

    THIS PAST WEDNESDAY, a group of Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee presented an amendment calling for an investigation into alleged misconduct on the parts of Hillary Clinton and James Comey. It was a way to frustrate Democrats, but, more than that, it provided an opportunity to publicly discuss their very favorite thing: the many bygone misdeeds of Crooked Hillary. The amendment may sound to some readers like it's been ripped out of a conspiracy forum, because that's exactly what happened.
    Sponsored by first-term Representative Matt Gaetz (R-Florida), the amendment itself sought to hijack what began as a resolution from Representative Pramila Jayapal (D-Washington) asking for information about Comey's firing. In response to Jayapal's proposal, Gaetz and a few fellow Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee effectively replaced the Democrats' resolution with one of their own. The new amendment (which you can read in its entirety here) asks for an investigation into things like "the propriety and consequence of immunity deals given to possible Hillary Clinton co-conspirators" and "James B. Comey’s refusal to investigate then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regarding" a number of matters, including many of which may have come directly from r/The_Donald.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  10. #210
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Sam Browning may like this one as well as you BKR.
    A GOP STAFFER CROWDSOURCED A RESOLUTION FROM A CONSPIRACY SUBREDDIT
    https://www.wired.com/story/republic...ald-resolution
    Wait, is this now a shitpost thread too?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 21 of 28 First ... 11171819202122232425 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in