Page 14 of 28 First ... 410111213141516171824 ... Last
  1. #131
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    0
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

    I still find it hard to believe you actually think Rolling Stone is "seriously fake" news, unless you're just a troll.
    Where'd I say that one????

    Geez, you just cant stop!!

    I said was that they were sued successfully for millions because they posted fake news. And that's a fact, jack.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  2. #132
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Concede or die the death of a million cuts.
    Concede what?????

    I don't find PolitiFact very credible. Nor do I find RS. Or CNN. I've stated why. And it's my OPINION. Your opinion differs. What's there to concede here??

    You can't even tell us what a strawman fallacy is and you think you have the intellectual high ground here??

    Jesus Christ, this is one of the worst cases of Dunning-Kruger I've encountered in a long time.

    You really need to take a Logic or Debate course and quit using big words you don't understand. It makes you look ignorant and insecure about your ignorance.

    Tell us what a strawman fallacy is.... ;)
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  3. #133
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,116
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I said it from the start: you are seriously ignorant of the journalistic process.
    Yet I'm not the one paying out millions because I posted fake news.

    It's ok. Guys like you can keep buying their nonsense. Someone has to so they'll have the money to pay those judgements.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  4. #134

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Let me try and keep this simple.

    PolitFact was wrong when they said Syria gave up it's chemical weapons.

    What part of that do you dispute???
    Politifact was quoting the US Secretary of State, John Kerry.

    John Kerry, and by extension the US government, was wrong.

    Politifact reports the news based on the evidence they have. They do such a good job of it, they won the Pulitzer in 2008.

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...wins-pulitzer/

    Are you going to start asserting the Pulitzer Prize is something they only give liberals?

  5. #135

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    But you're right, again. I see how it goes with you two.
    Monkey hates me, so the fact that we're in agreement on your bullshit should be a sign.

    I'd tell you "STOP", but that's how you operate. I don't like telling other people what to do.

    I do like stomping all over fake news, and people who purvey it. But most of all, the people who stand by it to confirm their bias.

  6. #136

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So please, tell us in your own words what a strawman argument is.

    If you can't, that speaks volumes.
    It speaks whole libraries that I won't bite down on your troll bullshit, doesn't it. That's the third time you've begged me to go down that rabbit hole, as you dig dozens of others and avoid the issues we're trying to discuss in your quest to be "right" and get me to "concede".

    I'll stuff a whole Library of Alexandria of facts up your ass before I start arguing and posting links about informal fallacies.

    I have counted at least half a dozen Bullies you're accusing of straw man argument right now...ironically, you don't seem to know any other informal fallacies, so it's "straw...straw...straw". It's a sure sign of someone who doesn't give a **** about the topic.

    Why don't you pretend it's Bullshido.net in 2017, rather than 2003 when the Internet was young and morons like you loved to try to explain argument to other morons, all while avoiding the need for investigation. I consider myself an investigative journalist. Facts and evidence matter to me, nothing else. If I post an opinion....good luck trying to get me to "concede" it.

    Debate is for students and politicians. Everybody is simultaneously right AND wrong in all forms of debate. That simply doesn't interest me.

    What does interest me is how somebody can make leaps to conclusions they way you do, IF they're not just trying to cause trouble. You're either playing games, or seriously misguided.

  7. #137

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    163
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am gonna make this real easy for you. You are obviously trolling at this point, because you actually did say "seriously fake news" in regards to Rolling Stone, and then later denied saying it.

    We are not attacking strawmen, you are attempting to argue by insinuation and innuendo, as well as ignoring facts and context that don't suit your agenda.

    I don't know what it will take to get you to see that this is not an effective form of rhetoric around here and is not socially acceptable among people who can string two brain cells together, but if this continues in this vein, I am with Pship about the trip to Trollshido.

  8. #138

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Where'd I say that one????

    Geez, you just cant stop!!
    You're a troll, or you smoke crack.

    Is this how it goes? You assert something, then deny you ever asserted it?

    Sure...you it with the NewsFakes.com post, too.



    And you have the audacity to call other people liars and dishonest.

  9. #139

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Concede what?????
    That you're acting like a moron. Worse...a Bullshido.net Newbie.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I don't find PolitiFact very credible. Nor do I find RS. Or CNN. I've stated why. And it's my OPINION. Your opinion differs. What's there to concede here??
    That the evidence proves you wrong (not anybody's opinions...)

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You can't even tell us what a strawman fallacy is and you think you have the intellectual high ground here??
    Who the **** is "us", shorty?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Jesus Christ, this is one of the worst cases of Dunning-Kruger I've encountered in a long time.
    You keep posting that. I don't think you know what it means. Hell, even bringing it up in any argument is an almost sure sign of ad hominem.

    Like "strawman", you have about 3 or 4 tricks in your hat.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You really need to

    Tell us what
    Your attempts to Bully other Bullies into doing what you want is some of the most pathetic trolling I've seen in a decade.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/21/2017 2:09pm at .

  10. #140

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yet I'm not the one paying out millions because I posted fake news.

    It's ok. Guys like you can keep buying their nonsense. Someone has to so they'll have the money to pay those judgements.
    No, you have the luxury of posting fake news, not having any consequences, and then hiding behind credible news only when it suits you.

    You've got a terrible measure of journalistic credibility simply based on your leaps of faith. Actual fake news orgs prey on your type of "nonbeliever". Concluding that RS and CNN and Politifact aren't credible because you cherry picked a single event from each is simply unreasonable. Your best defense? Informal logical fallacies...like a child.

    It's ironic you keep claiming other people have the bias (or ignorance or low IQ), when your bias is literally covering everything you post like a Russian hooker's golden shower.

    When are you going to discuss the OP, and stop trolling other Bullies? I was hoping Monkey's thread would be more productive, but you are shitting it up...I should have expected you'd come over here to argue and debate your bullshit.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/21/2017 2:10pm at .

Page 14 of 28 First ... 410111213141516171824 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in