Page 11 of 28 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last
  1. #101
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, we're going to go this route. I'm game.


    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    Now, here are some examples of the one's you are committing at this time.
    False equivalence describing a situation of logical and apparent equivalence, when in fact there is none.
    Not all news sources are equally biased. The statement that they are all biased, without qualifiers and in the current context, implies that the biases are equivalent. This is the furthest thing from the truth.
    Examples please.

    And remember, no strawmen. Quote me verbatim.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    As far as FORMAL logic, you are treading dangerously close to an illicit major in some of your arguments, but hey, lets keep going.
    I'm quite willing to keep going, after you cite the fallacies you're claiming.

    So let's see what you have to cite.....
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  2. #102
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    But, you take all the fun out of it. The only reason he keeps shouting "strawman" is because he has IMPLIED various positions, but refused to categorically support one until pushed to it.
    Um, no.

    You guys keep using strawmen, and then try and excuse them by saying I 'implied' the arguments you made for me.

    Sorry guys, it doesn't work that way.

    And if you guys actually understood the big words you keep copy-and-pasting, you'd know that.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  3. #103
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Which news sources do you find credible?
    We've been over this.

    I've stated where I get my news (a variety) and I've said if you ask me if I consider specific outlets credible I will answer them as asked.

    Please keep up better.

    To many people aiming for Gotcha! and snark, and not keeping up on what I'm actually saying here.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  4. #104
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    OK, that is easy.
    Where's the fake news????

    They stated the fact that PolitiFact had to retract a rating. That is fact. You may not like that outlet, and they may have a shitty record (I don't know and it's moot anyway).

    The fact is they had this 100% correct, and thus it's not fake news.

    Let's settle this nonsense about this ONE source citation now. I was asked to prove something I assumed was common knowledge. I didn't realize we have so many attrition guys here who would play games, so I simply did a quick Google search about PolitiFact retracting their story/rating and I posted one of the first links that came up. I'll take fault for citing a source you guys don't like. Either way, what this source said was 100% correct. Then, on top of that, I sourced PolitiFact themselves confirming this source was 100% correct.

    I also stated I'll not use them again. Let's finally move on.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  5. #105
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You claim CNN and Politifact are not moderate, but NewsFakes.com is a trustworthy source.
    What's one more strawman for good measure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Fact: CNN is not a partisan site, they are moderate.
    Actually that's your opinion.

    But hey, you're the intellectual here who never concedes a point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You really should avoid getting into fact-checking discussions with me or your failure rate is only going to increase.
    My failure rate is 0%. So yes, it technically can only go up.

    I made a claim that was I asked to source and I sourced it, TWICE to boot.

    Where's the failure??

    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    For someone who only posts about 100 times a year, and most recently has posted about logical fallacies..like I said, BS doesn't need your garbage.
    Again, your opinion.

    If I'm not wanted, get me banned. Til then, pound sand.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 6/21/2017 9:26am at .
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  6. #106
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,075
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Easy was determining that 1bad65 has no credibility because insinuations, hyperbole, and leaps of faith have no room in the investigative process.

    He is the definition of fake news..."who cares about that FACT, here's my opinion of your logic...facial structure...religion...politics...favorite color..."
    What did I post that is not fact?

    Specific examples, please.

    And please, don't post opinions we disagree on as examples.

    Watch those strawmen too! ;)
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  7. #107

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    158
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    We've been over this.

    I've stated where I get my news (a variety) and I've said if you ask me if I consider specific outlets credible I will answer them as asked.

    Please keep up better.

    To many people aiming for Gotcha! and snark, and not keeping up on what I'm actually saying here.
    The problem with this position is that it allows you to keep moving the goalposts of credible to suit your self. See most people here are well practiced at rhetoric and logic and understand when someone is trying to run a line of BS on them. The reason your disingenuous and cowardly approach is not acceptable is that YOU made the extraordinary claim that "a credible news site would not have gotten x story wrong in the first place". Never mind the fact that EVERY credible news site in the world gets stories wrong ALL THE DAMN TIME, and has to issue corrections where appropriate. You are the one making extraordinary claims, so the burden of extraordinary proof is on you.
    Once again, this is rhetoric, not logic, so your statements about fallacies don't even apply, but now I am quoting you directly so I will come out and ask that if he says "strawman" in his response to this post, then a Mod should at least have a word with him about it.

  8. #108
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,521
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Where's the fake news????

    They stated the fact that PolitiFact had to retract a rating. That is fact. You may not like that outlet, and they may have a shitty record (I don't know and it's moot anyway).

    The fact is they had this 100% correct, and thus it's not fake news.

    Let's settle this nonsense about this ONE source citation now. I was asked to prove something I assumed was common knowledge. I didn't realize we have so many attrition guys here who would play games, so I simply did a quick Google search about PolitiFact retracting their story/rating and I posted one of the first links that came up. I'll take fault for citing a source you guys don't like. Either way, what this source said was 100% correct. Then, on top of that, I sourced PolitiFact themselves confirming this source was 100% correct.

    I also stated I'll not use them again. Let's finally move on.
    From the site you posted.
    As reported by the Washington Free Beacon, PolitiFact was wrong because it put too much faith in a pack of liars within the Obama regime:-Newfakes.com
    That's 100% correct? Hmm mm seems like an opinion,no?

  9. #109

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Where's the fake news????

    They stated the fact that PolitiFact had to retract a rating. That is fact. You may not like that outlet, and they may have a shitty record (I don't know and it's moot anyway).

    The fact is they had this 100% correct, and thus it's not fake news.

    Let's settle this nonsense about this ONE source citation now. I was asked to prove something I assumed was common knowledge. I didn't realize we have so many attrition guys here who would play games, so I simply did a quick Google search about PolitiFact retracting their story/rating and I posted one of the first links that came up. I'll take fault for citing a source you guys don't like. Either way, what this source said was 100% correct. Then, on top of that, I sourced PolitiFact themselves confirming this source was 100% correct.

    I also stated I'll not use them again. Let's finally move on.
    Politifact had to retract something? Big, fat, hairy deal that you're trying to inflate into a grand accusation about credibility.

    They stated a LOT more than what you just claimed, though. What were they "100% correct" about, again?

    You either never even read the links you posted to support your extraordinary claims about CNN (possibly the most moderate cable news network in the US), and Politifact (a Pulitzer Prize winning news org).

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    What did I post that is not fact?

    Specific examples, please.

    And please, don't post opinions we disagree on as examples.

    Watch those strawmen too! ;)
    You've been alleging willful fabrication of the news on the part of Politifact and CNN. You used a fake news site to hedge that, and now you're STILL backpedaling into the realm of gish gallops and logical fallacies, completely unwilling to address your own myriad.

    You're so busy trying to find imaginary straw arguments with EVERYBODY, you keep pretending that you didn't post completely fake news about Barack Obama and CNN and Politifact in some sort of crusade against these news orgs, based on your own strong political bias, which is clear as day given your EXTRAORDINARY claims about Politifact and CNN.

    I guess it's serendipitous that you're posting here about it now, where we can stay on topic.

    Previously, you were just trolling shitting up a thread about the GOP shooting. But thanks for blaming us for "playing games" when in fact we were simply highlighting your bullshit.

Page 11 of 28 First ... 78910111213141521 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in