Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

noob, please help me in arizona

My name is Blake Lawson. I am 17 and have a blue belt from Marcello Montiero. My dad is 100% service connected disabled veteran, he has had a lot of health problems, so 11 days ago we moved from Indiana to Lake Havasu City Arizona. We didn't have internet until today, so I looked in the phone book for a place to roll.

I ended up finding a place called American Schools of Shaolin Kempo Havasu, weird name but they had a yellow page add that said Jiu Jitsu, spelled with an i. I called to see if it was BJJ, but the receptionist didn't know, she said to come in and talk to the head instructor. This guy claimed a fourth degree black belt, but it didn't feel right. I ask to do open mat, he said they didn't do that. He offered a private class, and I said I would do it if he would roll. I told him if he couldn't tap me, a blue belt, out, then I wouldn't attend his classes. He got really angry, he didn't like me questioning his BJJ status. But he was saying his dad was a 8th degree, Robert Pearlswig, and that the system was founded by some guy named villara.

I told him the Gracie founded BJJ. He got mad and told me I didn't understand his abilities, that he could teach me to punch and grapple. I told him i'm not interested in anything but Gi BJJ. he started talking about how he couldn't roll with me without his masters permission. I said maybe you should take the i out of Jiu, because you aren't BJJ. He pushed me. I said don't put your hands on me. so he grabbed me in a rape choke, there is bruising on my trachea and finger nail marks. So I hit him. the whole school then jumped me. My brother, who is 20 and a blue belt under Chris Herzog, then jumped in. we beat them up pretty bad, i guess. But I was terrified, this guy was a black belt, big guy, and I couldn't breath and he had me pinned to the wall. I had to hit him.

Now I am being charged with assault, trespass in the third degree and disorderly conduct. I got hurt, my 20 year old brother got hurt, and my 10 year old brother got hurt. Zach Pearlswig, the fourth degree head instructor got the worst of it, but i was just defending myself.

Like I said, my dad is 100& disabled vet, we just moved, he is broke and cant help me. I got a job, but I haven't started yet, i'm broke. So I am posting here because I heard there are lawyers on here, and maybe someone can help me pro bono. I just wanted to roll. I should have looked this guy up online, but I didn't have internet until today. There were four people on me until my brother jumped in, I was afraid to go to the ground, I was afraid to try a submission, I just panicked and started punching back. His teeth looked knocked out, but i'm not sure, he was bloody. I didn't want that, i wanted a sport, to just roll.

If you are a lawyer and might help me please respond.

Sorry for the long post, and sorry if its in the wrong place.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Lawson View Post
    My name is Blake Lawson. I am 17 and have a blue belt from Marcello Montiero. My dad is 100% service connected disabled veteran, he has had a lot of health problems, so 11 days ago we moved from Indiana to Lake Havasu City Arizona. We didn't have internet until today, so I looked in the phone book for a place to roll.

I ended up finding a place called American Schools of Shaolin Kempo Havasu, weird name but they had a yellow page add that said Jiu Jitsu, spelled with an i. I called to see if it was BJJ, but the receptionist didn't know, she said to come in and talk to the head instructor. This guy claimed a fourth degree black belt, but it didn't feel right. I ask to do open mat, he said they didn't do that. He offered a private class, and I said I would do it if he would roll. I told him if he couldn't tap me, a blue belt, out, then I wouldn't attend his classes. He got really angry, he didn't like me questioning his BJJ status. But he was saying his dad was a 8th degree, Robert Pearlswig, and that the system was founded by some guy named villara.

I told him the Gracie founded BJJ. He got mad and told me I didn't understand his abilities, that he could teach me to punch and grapple. I told him i'm not interested in anything but Gi BJJ. he started talking about how he couldn't roll with me without his masters permission. I said maybe you should take the i out of Jiu, because you aren't BJJ. He pushed me. I said don't put your hands on me. so he grabbed me in a rape choke, there is bruising on my trachea and finger nail marks. So I hit him. the whole school then jumped me. My brother, who is 20 and a blue belt under Chris Herzog, then jumped in. we beat them up pretty bad, i guess. But I was terrified, this guy was a black belt, big guy, and I couldn't breath and he had me pinned to the wall. I had to hit him.

Now I am being charged with assault, trespass in the third degree and disorderly conduct. I got hurt, my 20 year old brother got hurt, and my 10 year old brother got hurt. Zach Pearlswig, the fourth degree head instructor got the worst of it, but i was just defending myself.

Like I said, my dad is 100& disabled vet, we just moved, he is broke and cant help me. I got a job, but I haven't started yet, i'm broke. So I am posting here because I heard there are lawyers on here, and maybe someone can help me pro bono. I just wanted to roll. I should have looked this guy up online, but I didn't have internet until today. There were four people on me until my brother jumped in, I was afraid to go to the ground, I was afraid to try a submission, I just panicked and started punching back. His teeth looked knocked out, but i'm not sure, he was bloody. I didn't want that, i wanted a sport, to just roll.

If you are a lawyer and might help me please respond.

Sorry for the long post, and sorry if its in the wrong place.
    You are a dumbass.

You should have an opportunity to apply for a public defender when you get arraigned (initial appearance in court)

Asking for legal advice on the Internet is REALLY dumbass maneuver, BTW.

None of the above is legal advice, either.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What BKR said, this thread here is neat:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115948
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    What BKR said, this thread here is neat:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115948
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I suspect some sort of trolling is going on...
    Thread moved to YMAS until evidence is presented.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I really hope this is true

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assumed this was just a standard "where is a good school/I think this guy might be teaching bullshit" post and then it suddenly switched into some karate kid ****

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    Man, I really hope this is true
    That should be your first clue that it is bullshit. If a narrative feeds into your personal biases you better check that ****.

The second clue should be the general tone and the literal metric **** ton of personally identifying information in the post, for me anyway. It shows a complete lack of internet savvy by someone claiming to be 17. You could dismiss the idiocy of describing a crime you committed with youth and ignorance if it was done anonymously, but not if you have been arrested for it and then put your signature on it. That is stupid beyond anything I have personally encountered 1n r34l lyf3.

If anyone can find anything in their police blotters let me know, I can find nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You could dismiss the idiocy of describing a crime you committed with youth and ignorance if it was done anonymously, but not if you have been arrested for it and then put your signature on it. That is stupid beyond anything I have personally encountered 1n r34l lyf3.
    I went to school with kids who would brag about serious, gang related felonies in crowded classrooms, but admittedly none of them were actually facing charges.
    I didn't think this post was true, I just thought it'd be funny if it were.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to assume that the OP is not trolling, only because it's more fun than dismissing the fact that anyone would go to a school with Shaolin in its name expecting to find BJJ.

Luckily for you, Blake, you have the internets back. The webz are an endless source of expert advice on a wide range of topics, from medicine to parenting to animal behavior to law.

You have definitely come to the proper place in your quest for quality legal counsel, and I have no doubt you will be able to obtain the solid legal advice you need, here on an internet discussion forum!

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandem View Post
    I assumed this was just a standard "where is a good school/I think this guy might be teaching bullshit" post and then it suddenly switched into some karate kid ****
    Isn't it great? Bullshido never disappoints, does it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last