Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    Chili Pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,444
    Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are over-thinking this. The knives were cheap (£4 each apparently), and bought at a discount supermarket chain.

  2. #12
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pending
    Posts
    3,939
    Style
    BJJ
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    You guys are over-thinking this. The knives were cheap (£4 each apparently), and bought at a discount supermarket chain.
    Take your Occam's razor and shove it up your ass :)

  3. #13
    Pship Destroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    3,306
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    I suspect that they were cheap and they liked the colour. I don't think that they made the connection with Ariana Grande, I reckon that would imply a degree of intellectual thought that these arsewipes didn't have.
    Here's the coincidental thing though...Manchester and elsewhere were drenched in pink from May 23rd right up to the charity event.

    The pink symbology began May 23rd online, spread virally, and by the June attack on the very eve of the charity benefit, Manchester was literally covered in pink.

    Counterterror experts have suggested the London terror attack was intended shut down the benefit, which was scheduled to occur (drenched in pink) less than 24 hours later.

    One has to wonder that the terrorists would have had other colors to choose from. Coincidence? or a nasty piece of symbolism..."we will kill you with this color".






  4. #14
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pending
    Posts
    3,939
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Terrorism is effective because it makes us ask questions like "what if it was pink?" I think that's what you're trying to say, and I agree. Obviously, the dead and maimed get a significant mindshare, but forcing you to question your lifestyle choices for fear of being one of the aforementioned victims... that's real purpose of terrorism, even if it was by an accidental purchase of a pink knife because they didn't think to bring a lot of cash.

    Also, I'm moving this to YMAS, it is better suited, there.

  5. #15
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    11,798
    Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Crafty has it almost correct. The thing about ceramic knives (which are awesome, btw) is that they hold an edge much longer than steel, so long as you don't use them for stupid **** like prying open beer cans. But, you also can't generally resharpen them at home, because you need industrial-grade diamond and other specialized equipment.
    Very sharp and excellent edge retention but they also have a tendency to chip and break when they receive a solid impact at least the early ones I got to play with a few years ago. I wouldn't stab or throw or drop one but they really slice nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  6. #16
    Pship Destroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    3,306
    Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Terrorism is effective because it makes us ask questions like "what if it was pink?" I think that's what you're trying to say, and I agree. Obviously, the dead and maimed get a significant mindshare, but forcing you to question your lifestyle choices for fear of being one of the aforementioned victims... that's real purpose of terrorism, even if it was by an accidental purchase of a pink knife because they didn't think to bring a lot of cash.

    Also, I'm moving this to YMAS, it is better suited, there.
    I think all the knives were pink (2-3?). There were no other colors purchased...I know it's speculative...I just wonder if there was a message there.

    These Ernesto ceramics come in a huge range of colors both regular and pastel. If you're a terrorist in London...all that pink being waved around the UK and world in solidarity the previous week might piss you off enough to make a gruesome choice of color.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/15/2017 4:29pm at .

  7. #17
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11,148
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I think all the knives were pink (2-3?). There were no other colors purchased...I know it's speculative...I just wonder if there was a message there.

    These Ernesto ceramics come in a huge range of colors both regular and pastel. If you're a terrorist in London...all that pink being waved around the UK and world in solidarity the previous week might piss you off enough to make a gruesome choice of color.
    I think that's a good bet.

  8. #18
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,033
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, it's entirely possible. I mean, you are standing there in a store picking a knife to stab a bunch of folks with and don't know how to make the choice. Then you think, well ****, I'm about tired of all the damn pink everywhere around here. I'll use a pink one just to spite them. I could see that.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in