Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Forward throw to Ouchi Gari is kinda my go to. So I will kuzushi in and if they pull back or hip check I will Ouchi Gari. I do the drop version of it. If they are still standing at that point I generally switch to "wrestle-jitsu" and I will spam single legs and half guard pulls to single legs and sweeps.
    That makes sense. Most grapplers have to be specifically trained not to over-react to a forward throw attack or feint.

The normal version of Ouchi Gari for judo competition goes all the way to the ground as well, transition to pin a couple of different ways, although we can't do e the leg-grab version in competition anymore (where you grab the same leg you attack with your leg). Jimmy Pedro was well known for that one (hint, it's from wrestling, LOL).

I train and drill my students to transition choke, pin, or armbar as case may be from all throws, when training for competition.

Depending on how they react after you try the ouchi to the rear quadrant, you can continue to another ashi waza (Kouchi Gari or De Ashi Barai or Kosoto Gari/Gake), back to Uchi Mata or another throw, or to a Sumi Gaeshi, or maybe even get an over the back (Georgian) type grip.

You might look up what's called the "Twitch"...you can feint hard to the front and switch to the rear, either a Kosoto Gari/Gake or your favorite, Tani Otoshi.

This one is classics, left vs right, condition opponent with one Uchi Mata that was probably not expected to work, then twitch and switch.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Define inside lapel?
    Your lapel grip is inside of his lapel grip. If you are a righty, then you have your right hand grip on his left collar, his left hand grip on your right collar, but outside of your arm.

Same as pummeling inside without jacket, basically.

This is the basics of what I'm writing about. It's SOP in Judo grip fighting for opposite side gripping (postures) (kenka yotsu in Japanese).

Bonus, you want to make sure your lapel grip on the collar is level or a little higher than your own shoulder, and that your elbow is down. In general, you want it on their collar bone or in the pocket above their collar bone. and to be annoying as hell, but a tough grappler wont' really notice that part much. But be careful not to put more than half your weight on your front foot. From there, you can more easily control the space.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 2 First 12