Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Generic release of liability forms

I'm interested in starting a small FMA training group at the local park, and was wondering if anyone has any release of liability or open mat style forms in electronic format that they wouldn't mind me copying, editing and printing. Are there any good resources for what I'm looking for?

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'm interested in starting a small FMA training group at the local park, and was wondering if anyone has any release of liability or open mat style forms in electronic format that they wouldn't mind me copying, editing and printing. Are there any good resources for what I'm looking for?
    That's a state level legislation thing so someone else's might not be appropriate where you are.

Is that for a park permit or something?

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to lmgtfy, but I don't know whether any of those results are actually useful for your purpose.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Tai Chi forums?
    Maybe Crafty knows?
    IANAL!?* ...but waivers are usually for the insurance for the location/school/club/school right? ... and mostly for show and bullshit? I don't know how you would do it for a person on public property ... cause .... my contract law book leads me to believe that hitting people with sticks in a public park and money being sought for damages after, will be a civil case that will always end up in front of a Judge with the States individual laws in his books.

... It would be nice to have the bailiff hand him something, even if the contract isn't valid it shows the other person understood the risk. So those should be stated, you know you are hitting each other with sticks. The Judge will need to know the other person understood the risks and the judge will not know the actual risks so he needs to know too. So it needs so be explicit.

Want me to move this to the FMA forum? I am ignorant, I just sign the things and pay the mat fee.

*I Am Not A Lawyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a good, albeit long liability waiver I can send you that the organization I'm with (Pramek) used to cover seminars and workshops. It's big and has held up in court before, so it should cover what you're asking for. I no longer use it now because I'm covered via insurance and the club's lawyer drew up a new one for us to use.

Shoot me a PM and I can send it over to you if you want it

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I gathered from my contract law class is they are more or less useless. Do to the fact that society sort of works on what a reasonable person can expect when it comes to safety. That being said they are a handy tool to cut down on threats of being sued.
    They will not protect you in any sort of gross situation where you put the people you are trying in any sort of "unreasonable" danger such say telling them to spar at 100% with live blades and no protection.
    Check legal zoom.

Also do note I am not qualified to give legal advise <|---neat but unnecessary disclaimer as no reasonable per would trust me as a source of legal advice.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence