Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bill Maher tries to get fired again

With all the threads on free speech I figured this story needed a bit of attention. Some of you may remember a show a fee years back called politically incorrect. It was hosted by Bill Maher.....until he made a very politically incorrect statement about 911. He got himself fired faster that Trumps old reality show. Well he's at it again. This time he made an N word joke and as per tradition the internet (pc version) has exploded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/a...er-n-word.html

So what do you guys think?? Overreacting or justified hate??

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    With all the threads on free speech I figured this story needed a bit of attention. Some of you may remember a show a fee years back called politically incorrect. It was hosted by Bill Maher.....until he made a very politically incorrect statement about 911. He got himself fired faster that Trumps old reality show. Well he's at it again. This time he made an N word joke and as per tradition the internet (pc version) has exploded.

It's offensive to some people, not so much to others.

The government isn't trying to suppress his right to use the word, so he has to wear his big boy pants and take the heat.

What I find more interesting is that the word even came to his mind at all.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    It's offensive to some people, not so much to others.

The government isn't trying to suppress his right to use the word, so he has to wear his big boy pants and take the heat.

What I find more interesting is that the word even came to his mind at all.
    HBO has apparently censored the episode. I only find that part hilarious due to how many other shows they have that have used that word.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man could you imagine the Twitter rage if the tv show all in the family still aired??

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Context context context.

He was calling himself a house niggar, implying he sold out to the man and thus has special privileges which keep him out of the fields.

Shortly after 10 p.m. on Friday, Mr. Maher, the comedian and host of HBO’s “Real Time,” was talking to Mr. Sasse on his program about the boundaries between adolescence and maturity, and how adults in California still dress up for Halloween.

When Mr. Sasse said this did not happen in his state, Mr. Maher said, “I’ve got to get to Nebraska more.”

Mr. Sasse replied: “You’re welcome. We’d love to have you work in the fields with us.”

Mr. Maher said: “Work in the fields? Senator, I’m a house ******. No, it’s a joke.”

Some audience members were heard to groan while others clapped. Neither Mr. Maher nor Mr. Sasse addressed the comments further at the time, and the conversation moved to other subjects.

Mr. Maher said Saturday in a statement: “Friday nights are always my worst night of sleep because I’m up reflecting on the things I should or shouldn’t have said on my live show. Last night was a particularly long night as I regret the word I used in the banter of a live moment. The word was offensive and I regret saying it and am very sorry.”
    It was tasteless, but at least it wasn't directed at a person of color with malevolence, like most usages of the word which require a public apology.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HBO has apparently censored the episode. I only find that part hilarious due to how many other shows they have that have used that word.
    I read that too.

Well, HBO can do that if they want.

I don't watch HBO, so wouldn't know.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bill Maher was trying to be witty as usual, and some of his most offensive **** just falls flat and isn't funny.

Comedians are not supposed to worry about offending people, it's their job. He lost "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher" because he said the 9/11 terrorists were braver than people launching missiles, which was also offensive and stupid. But he wasn't worried about saying it at the the time.

Michael Richards did this, for comparison. This was the end of his 27-year stand-up career.

Extremely Not Safe For Work.

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/05/2017 12:48pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man could you imagine the Twitter rage if the tv show all in the family still aired??
    I don't know, it was a very popular show that won a lot of awards, and was widely lauded for how it portrayed sensitive issues.

Sony owns it now, not sure if it still airs.

We used to watch it when it came out originally in the '70s.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All in the Family is virginal compared to practically everything on US TV today, especially cable and most definitely satellite...

You don't even watch Game of Thrones, BKR?

You must have missed Deadwood too....shameful, you cocksucker

Extremely Not Safe For Work.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    He was calling himself a house niggar
    What the **** is a niggar?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last