Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair some of you guys have never really taught martial arts before. Okay scratch that combat sport.

I feel some amount of empathy for anyone who does that to the General Public being is generally non-athletic and physically unfit as they tend to be.

Designing a program that fits with the type of woman the Op is basically unfit never done any martial arts before mixed in with maybe some men who haven't done martial arts but are relatively physically fit and then throw in some teenagers with the same mix of physical skills and it's tough to do.

However if you're honest with your students and I'm not saying that the sensei in the videos it's not honest you can design a syllabus that keeps everyone generally happy and learning.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey View Post
    I have some experience with TACFIT and it's a decent system that is packaged pretty well. However, it's not exactly unique in it's approach or methods because it's largely repackaged material from Retuinskih's RETAL combat sports training center with Scott's own spin on it... That's not necessarily a bad thing, Retuinskih really put out some great stuff and it's really common in the Sambo world and Russian sports training overall. I personally think Scott is easier to follow and does a better job explaining it in English, but ymmv.
    Let me ask, are you looking at getting the series to do on your own or are you looking at joining a TACFIT gym/group? If you looking to join a TACFIT group, go for it. The program is good and you will see results that you are looking for. If you are just looking to do it on your own you can get almost the exact same programs from Onnit, GMB, and a few others. In addition most of the source material can be found for cheap in Scott's old ROSS videos.
    What Dave said above.

I'm sure that Sonnon is the subject of several threads here, and I'm sure that some of the stuff said in those threads might even have some resemblance to the truth. From actually having been in ROSS under Sonnon back in the '90s I can say that the Sonnon that I knew then was legit. He was a Sambo player, both combat and sport versions, he trained in Russia under Retuinskih and became a Retuinskih devotee for quite a while. Tacfit seems to me to be a repackaging of the Zdrovye Health system that he learned from Retuinskih and then taught himself.

Sonnon from my experience, is someone people either love or hate, you won't find too many people in the middle on him. Don't know why this is, and don't really care. Objectively he is a good coach who is teaching solid material.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    What Dave said above.

I'm sure that Sonnon is the subject of several threads here, and I'm sure that some of the stuff said in those threads might even have some resemblance to the truth. From actually having been in ROSS under Sonnon back in the '90s I can say that the Sonnon that I knew then was legit. He was a Sambo player, both combat and sport versions, he trained in Russia under Retuinskih and became a Retuinskih devotee for quite a while. Tacfit seems to me to be a repackaging of the Zdrovye Health system that he learned from Retuinskih and then taught himself.

Sonnon from my experience, is someone people either love or hate, you won't find too many people in the middle on him. Don't know why this is, and don't really care. Objectively he is a good coach who is teaching solid material.
    Maybe a common pattern developing...

Legit (and not so legit) folks repackaging/blending to make a living. With mixed results.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TACFIT is 20-minute circuit, high rep workouts either with bodyweight, other tools (kettlebell, clubbells, etc) or both. They have a built-in joint mobility and cool-down stretching protocol.

I like it in the sense that it's good for metabolic conditioning, endurance/stamina and moving the body from all sorts of angles, but I find that it needs to be balanced out with pure strength workouts.

I own most of the TACFIT programs, but really have only employed 3 of those programs. My focus is strength and power ATM.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345