Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Solid by jitsu (sic) is judo, bjj, sambo...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Touche'.

But you are making assumptions about the Taijutsu she is learning. There are four or five schools around the U.S. that teach really solid JuJitsu under the Taijutsu banner... actually I am not sure what the good ninja schools are called and are up to these days. Plasma or one of the other resident ninjers could come up with that info ... actually there might be a few more than four or five now that I think about it. It might be like 10 or 12 instructors.
    Plasma was smoking ninja-ers after a few months of shitty bjj training. His was one of the schools that actually sparred. It takes a lot of bar lowering to call that good training.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Solid by jitsu (sic) is judo, bjj, sambo...
    I find a certain irony in the fact that most of the solid "Jisu" are off shots of Judo.
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Martial-of or appropriate to war; warlike.
    This Scott seems a **** of a lot more legit than some bunk ass American ninja school.
    I'm in Australia! :)

Why are you doing Taijutsu?
    Where I live there's only 2 options:
    - www.bukidotaijutsu.com
    - www.busseltonmartialarts.com

For the first one, everything about what they do is explained thorogh the major links of the website, for the second one you have to download the timetable, which for the adult class says "A complete fighting art with grappling, joint locks, throws, punches, kicks, open hand impacting, cavity seizing, clinch, limb entanglement, chokes, takedowns and escapes using old Okinawan traditional hand to hand partner drills of Koryu Uchinadi and GoJu Karate Jutsu Koryukan. Emphesizing on real event habitual acts of physical violence training in a safe environment starting slowing and exponentially increasing intensity once learnt".

Somehow when I decided to start martial arts (I really need to improve both my physically and mentally) and could never imagine then punching and kicking could make you feel so much better, plus you learn a lot of techniques. I don't have any martial arts back ground, I didn't know to have took a class in something somewhat "controversial"!

Are they pretending you are learning proper kickboxing? This whole situation is weird in a lot of ways and things don't seem right.
    Obviously something isn't right. How many Taijutsu classes a week do you take? I am assuming your cardio is every other day for an hour but I'm wrong according to your post. Two hours of solid cardio seems really odd. I don't know many people who can actually go for two hours working cardio so you may not be getting quality instruction.
    They're not teaching kickboxing, it's just a fitness class, which last one hour and it's before the martial art class (another hour). And that's twice a day. Nobody ever used the word ninja and it all looks proper and making sense (but again I just a total newbie in this department). I think that after the blue belt (if I recall correctly) they even do contact sparring.

Why are you doing Taijutsu?
    Why are you doing Ninja stuff? Once that is figured out we can go from there.[/QUOTE]

Well, I didn't know it was ninja stuff.. they inspired trust and it looked like a legit and proper fighting art. There's even a bit of meditation, that doesn't really hurt my anxiety :)
    Jeez, I'm a bit confused now..

Thanks for all the contributes
    Last edited by ninja.kitten; 6/05/2017 1:26am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Plasma was smoking ninja-ers after a few months of shitty bjj training. His was one of the schools that actually sparred. It takes a lot of bar lowering to call that good training.
    You think 10 good ninja schools in the U.S. is too high?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You think 10 good ninja schools in the U.S. is too high?
    If it's good is it a ninja school?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    For cardio stuff HITT & tabata timing seems to be the most efficient use of time. (those are based on doing maximum effort then recovering and maximum effort again over and over and over again.)
    I also found http://rosstraining.com books interesting, they seem to have a good reputation over here, the 2 recommended ones are "Never Gymless" and "Infinite Intensity".
    Last edited by ninja.kitten; 6/05/2017 1:27am at .

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja.kitten View Post
    I'm in Australia! :)

Where I live there's only 2 options:
    - bukido taijutsu
    - busselton martialarts
    (sorry but the forum won't let me post any link, please just use google for the correct addressed)

For the first one, everything about what they do is explained thorogh the major links of the website, for the second one you have to download the timetable, which for the adult class says "A complete fighting art with grappling, joint locks, throws, punches, kicks, open hand impacting, cavity seizing, clinch, limb entanglement, chokes, takedowns and escapes using old Okinawan traditional hand to hand partner drills of Koryu Uchinadi and GoJu Karate Jutsu Koryukan. Emphesizing on real event habitual acts of physical violence training in a safe environment starting slowing and exponentially increasing intensity once learnt".

Somehow when I decided to start martial arts (I really need to improve both my physically and mentally) and could never imagine then punching and kicking could make you feel so much better, plus you learn a lot of techniques. I don't have any martial arts back ground, I didn't know to have took a class in something somewhat "controversial"!
    It looks great on paper and may fit your needs. Taijutsu does a good job of describing it's true nature. You might even say it is skilled in deception and secrecy. :)
    They're not teaching kickboxing, it's just a fitness class, which last one hour and it's before the martial art class (another hour).
    Ok that sounds better. Any class that does or claims to do 2 hours of straight cardio twice a week is one to stay away from. Many places do the whole " it's just like kickboxing, same techniques, just to music! ".
    And that's twice a day.
    You go to two cardio kickboxing and two Taijutsu classes a week then? I can see that as not being enough exercise.
    Nobody ever used the word ninja
    yet you chose ninja_kitten as your SN?
    and it all looks proper and making sense (but again I just a total newbie in this department). I think that after the blue belt (if I recall correctly) they even do contact sparring.
    What are your goals for training? Taijutsu might fit your needs if you are just looking for exercise. If you are looking for actual self defense or fighting skills you should look for a place who spars from week one. Usually delaying sparring is just to indoctrinate the students into the unspoken rules of the school.
    Well, I didn't know it was ninja stuff.. they inspired trust and it looked like a legit and proper fighting art. There's even a bit of meditation, that doesn't really hurt my anxiety :)
    Jeez, I'm a bit confused now..
    Like I said you might be fine where you are at, doing what you are doing ...and Taijutsu is good at hiding it's true nature until you scratch the surface. Do a google search on it.
    What are your goals and reasons to train?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You go to two cardio kickboxing and two Taijutsu classes a week then? I can see that as not being enough
    I agree! that's why I'm looking for a training program

What are your goals for training? Taijutsu might fit your needs if you are just looking for exercise. If you are looking for actual self defense or fighting skills you should look for a place who spars from week one. Usually delaying sparring is just to indoctrinate the students into the unspoken rules of the school.
    Like I said you might be fine where you are at, doing what you are doing ...and Taijutsu is good at hiding it's true nature until you scratch the surface. Do a google search on it.
    What are your goals and reasons to train?
    As a novice I'm really confused. Does the other school look better (on the paper).. I don't live in a city and I feel like I'm running out of options :(

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja.kitten View Post
    I agree! that's why I'm looking for a training program

As a novice I'm really confused. Does the other school look better (on the paper).. I don't live in a city and I feel like I'm running out of options :(
    Muay Thai, judo,Bjj, Boxing, mma, etc., Etc.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last