Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Does Bullshido Have a Man on the Inside?

I've watched most of the rebooted episodes on Netflix. They are pretty good, where I never warmed to the SciFi Channel version, this felt like vintage MST3K immediately.

Perhaps the second episode, there was a shot apparently meant to represent the vision of a dinosaur, with some slo-mo, muddled sound, and a red filter. The accompanying quip: "this is filmed from chuck Wepner's perspective!" Most recently, there was a reference to chess-boxing. Perhaps most convincingly, during a fighting scene with dismal, Kirk vs Gorn choreography, somebody chimed in "that strikes me as a low-percentage technique."

Now, none of this is conclusive, but the last comment in particular is a stark contrast to the hippie laden, Aikido loving TV/movie writer, so I have to wonder.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have often wondered the same thing.
    There are plenty of phrases and keywords that pop up and seem to reference the "culture" here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think MST3K ruined a whole generation, and now none of them will shut the **** up whenever a movie is on.

Any movie. Have you witnessed this?

It used to be considered rude to talk during a movie, now any time I go to the movies it's like there are 10-40 year olds all over the theater trying to act like Crow T Robot.

I like sarcastic banter but..

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I think MST3K ruined a whole generation, and now none of them will shut the **** up whenever a movie is on.

It used to be considered rude to talk during a movie, now any time I go to the movies it's like there are 10-40 year olds all over the theater trying to act like Crow T Robot.

I'm sorry. I can't help it.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    I'm sorry. I can't help it.
    How the **** can you afford even go see a movie?
    I sure the **** can't....
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post

I honestly haven't seen this, but plenty of people that just can't stay off their damn phones, so I'd blame Instant Gratification Entertainment before MST3K. Those 10 year olds are really unlikely to have been influenced by a 30 year old show that went off the air for good around the time they were born.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I have often wondered the same thing.
    There are plenty of phrases and keywords that pop up and seem to reference the "culture" here.
    I cited the only ones I've noticed, you have other examples?

DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti
    I cited the only ones I've noticed, you have other examples?
    I will dig through my collection and see. I know there are more I just can't think of or reference them at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I will dig through my collection and see. I know there are more I just can't think of or reference them at the moment.
    Ah-ha. If it predates the current season, that is a juicy clue.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They mock cult-like quirkiness and bad krotty fights, both common to the old 70s possibly foreign movies they like to roast. A similarity or two to Bullshido was bound to happen.

I can't stand the parts between the movies though.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last