Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
    Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Body armor recommendations?

I'm starting a new job, and one that allows (and encourages) people to wear armor. Concealed or overt styles of carrier are okay (I'd vastly prefer overt because ventilation), but they would rather you don't have shitloads of molle everywhere. So is there any decent IIIA soft armor out there that's won't cost too much money? Since I am actually going to be wearing this **** for up to 10hrs at a time it needs to be comfy. Pouches on the front for **** is a plus but not a requirement.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are they anti-Molle pouches or Molle loops themselves?

Also what's the role? (Persec permitting). It'll help to formulate an answer.

Edit: for clarity.
    Last edited by Kovacs; 6/04/2017 12:24pm at .
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    Why are they anti Molle, out of interest?

Also what's the role? It'll help to formulate an answer.
    It's armed site security. May be upgrading to courthouse stuff in the future if I do my job well. As for reasoning, they said that soft armor is generally more comfortable and it's also less off putting to the general public (apparently some businesses don't want guards that look ready to raid a building?). I'm currently considering this: https://safelifedefense.com/product/...i-threat-vest/. I have a 10% off code for it, it looks reasonably comfy, and I can put rifle plates in it if for some insane reason that is ever necessary.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    It's armed site security. May be upgrading to courthouse stuff in the future if I do my job well. As for reasoning, they said that soft armor is generally more comfortable and it's also less off putting to the general public (apparently some businesses don't want guards that look ready to raid a building?). I'm currently considering this: https://safelifedefense.com/product/...i-threat-vest/. I have a 10% off code for it, it looks reasonably comfy, and I can put rifle plates in it if for some insane reason that is ever necessary.
    Got it. What will you be armed with?
    Ne Obliviscaris

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got it. What will you be armed with?
    My Springfield 1911 Range Officer Operator and probably my S&W Shield in an ankle holster until I can pull together the cash/giftcards to order a Steyr M9A1. Company issues tasers as well. I'm probably getting an ASP. OC is an option, but I'm not inclined to carry a weapon that only really exists to piss people off and can **** your own **** up if the wind is blowing the wrong way.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair one. That vest is probably a good shout, it's high vis and overt without being too warry which sounds like what your employer is after.

It's perhaps worth investing in a decent Molle battle belt/gun fighters belt. Keep your spare mags and any thing tactical in that and anything admin based like your radio or med kit overtly in your vest, it generally looks good for civilians and therefore your boss.
    Ne Obliviscaris

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh....you're starting a job where you are apparently "encouraged" to wear body armour as it is might apparently be needed, but said armour is not supplied by your employer?

What the ****, are you the doorman at a super cut-price whorehouse or something?

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair one. That vest is probably a good shout, it's high vis and overt without being too warry which sounds like what your employer is after.

It's perhaps worth investing in a decent Molle battle belt/gun fighters belt. Keep your spare mags and any thing tactical in that and anything admin based like your radio or med kit overtly in your vest, it generally looks good for civilians and therefore your boss.
    I have a 5.11 tactical operator belt that I plan on using for all of the tactical stuff aside from mags. Those are going on the vest mainly because I really want to not have my taser anywhere near anything else (too many horror stories of people going for the taser and grabbing a mag instead under pressure).

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Uh....you're starting a job where you are apparently "encouraged" to wear body armour as it is might apparently be needed, but said armour is not supplied by your employer?

What the ****, are you the doorman at a super cut-price whorehouse or something?
    That's the deal with a lot of private security these days, and after seeing some of the **** Brinks and other similar companies issue I'm inclined to think this way is better. I should be wearing armor at my current job, and it's pretty much not allowed.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its not cheap but I use to really like the Safari land stuff. I am biases when I use to sell law enforcement equipment they invited me to go to a vest shoot. Where we shot a whole mess of different vest with different weapons and different rounds. However their armor still has been the most comfortable I have ever tried on, and it certainly has performed well in ballistic testing.
    http://www.safariland.com/products/b...S.html#start=1
    I agree though your employer should be providing it.
    Especially with the shortish life spans of armor (five-year service rating).
    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
    George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last