Page 4 of 29 First 1234567814 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I mean shanking a bunch of people on a train and then holding marches on the day of the vigil that seem to be almost celebrating the event is a pretty effective strategy.
    Well, I guess Christian was part of the whole plan after all ? Now that's some conspiratorial thinking.

Antifa can't help themselves, they are as deluded as the Alt-Right. It's like a gut-pile to flies, anyway you look at it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    This is just a taste off the tip.
    Delusion breeds irony, apparently...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Delusion breeds irony, apparently...
    Two toughs on the same street is nothing new, but what's new is the organizing power of the Internet and the hostile real-time political environment.

These are like Gong Saus being set up between two groups in a matter of days...only it's crowd scale and the police, if they have time to prepare, might be able to prevent full blown chaos.

Malcolm X comes to mind, only this time it's not blacks exploding, it's everybody, and it's not a powderkeg, it's an atom bomb on Mainstreet USA.

Antifa can't save the US from fascists. They don't have enough bullets.

That's what the National Guard is for. And there's a reason the states have their own...
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/31/2017 6:10pm at .

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I guess Christian was part of the whole plan after all ? Now that's some conspiratorial thinking.

Antifa can't help themselves, they are as deluded as the Alt-Right. It's like a gut-pile to flies, anyway you look at it.
    It's an endless loop. Train asshole wasn't "part of the plan", but **** like that happening validates the stance of the far left that violence is necessary to protect minorities or whatever. The real stupid was the fucking alt-right march the day of the vigil. It was either intentionally inflammatory, or those fuckers are just really socially inept.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was at, in fact, at least one Alt Right rally that turned violent. He came armed and was disarmed by police.

It's the herd effect I'm worried about. There are trends forming, people are getting emboldened.

In Maryland, a graduating ROTC scholar and recently commissioned US Army 2nd LT was stabbed to death for not "stepping left" in the face of a self-described "Alt Reich"er.

The time for worrying about "conspiracies" is kind of over. The real fascists are here, and they are killing people. They might be lunatics...that doesn't solve the problem.

How can you spot the truly dangerous ones, in a sea of frogs and pugs?
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/31/2017 6:22pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, Portland did not go up in a sea of flames after all. The cops were there and prepared. Good job for sure on their part. Good job by the ACLU telling the Portland Mayor to pound sand.

The Real Antifa(tm) showed up too. Throwing stuff at the popo, imagine that...

I wonder if they will portray themselves as the victims as they did in the Portland may day activities?

'Murica!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/04/us/por...sts/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5b230f96a8b0

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said before, IF the issue is made newsworthy with enough lead time, the local authorities can set up and keep these groups from killing each other. Portland shined like Boston that day, freedom rang etc.

There aren't that many on either side to really cause mass violence, yet. As long as the largest contingent there capable of violence is the POLICE...and they stay restrained...these things should always go down the same (X arrests, almost no violence).

Police were the reason Christian didn't bash a couple skulls open during the Alt Right rally he attended, before he murdered on the train. They knew people were coming in armed, and they disarmed him.

It'll stay that way as long as NO violent radical believes they can show up to one of these things and actually throw down. Even Ferguson was relatively controlled due to the heavy police presence, and the "pissed off mob" factor was way higher.

Take one look at some mass protests over in other countries to see what happens when violent people know where the police can't do anything...utter chaos.

These stupid fuckers showing up to battle should just do judo and get rid of all that rage in a more productive way.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/05/2017 4:17pm at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He was at, in fact, at least one Alt Right rally that turned violent. He came armed and was disarmed by police.

It's the herd effect I'm worried about. There are trends forming, people are getting emboldened.

In Maryland, a graduating ROTC scholar and recently commissioned US Army 2nd LT was stabbed to death for not "stepping left" in the face of a self-described "Alt Reich"er.

The time for worrying about "conspiracies" is kind of over. The real fascists are here, and they are killing people. They might be lunatics...that doesn't solve the problem.

How can you spot the truly dangerous ones, in a sea of frogs and pugs?
    You seem to be focused on the right. As a conservative, I can understand why you are concerned about conservatism getting taken over (or the perception being) and discredited by the behavior of the alt-right, froggers, neo-nazis, etc. That would certainly not be good for 'Murica overall.

As far as I can tell, in our latest event, the Antifa (and I mean the real deal, not false-flag stuff) were the perps of any violence in Portland (as they were apparently on Mayday). Plus, go and read their Facebook and other websites.

As long as you are worrying about both sides, I'm in. If you want to just focus on the conservatives/right wing, I think that's a mistake.

Frankly, I think the Left is full of fascists. The Mayor of Portland is at the top of that list, as are apparently a lot of the Antifa stuff I've been reading (Rose City Antifa, for example). If no police had been in Portland doing their jobs very well, my bet is that the Antifa would have been charging the "Trump Free Speech" group...or maybe vice versa, idiocy on either side.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said before, IF the issue is made newsworthy with enough lead time, the local authorities can set up and keep these groups from killing each other. Portland shined like Boston that day, freedom rang etc.

There aren't that many on either side to really cause mass violence, yet. As long as the largest contingent there capable of violence is the POLICE...and they stay restrained...these things should always go down the same (X arrests, almost no violence).

Police were the reason Christian didn't bash a couple skulls open during the Alt Right rally he attended, before he murdered on the train. They knew people were coming in armed, and they disarmed him.

It'll stay that way as long as NO violent radical believes they can show up to one of these things and actually throw down. Even Ferguson was relatively controlled due to the heavy police presence, and the "pissed off mob" factor was way higher.

Take one look at some mass protests over in other countries to see what happens when violent people know where the police can't do anything...utter chaos.

These stupid fuckers showing up to battle should just do judo and get rid of all that rage in a more productive way.
    Christian is likely a mental drunk...no excuse, but, there are going to be those on both sides. As time goes on I suppose we will here more about his background etc, as his case goes through the judicial system.

The speech rally was legally organized...so the cops were able (and allowed to) provide security. The counter-protests were not...

But, but, judo or other combat sports aren't supporting a CAUSE man ! That just isn't the same...

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You seem to be focused on the right. As a conservative, I can understand why you are concerned about conservatism getting taken over (or the perception being) and discredited by the behavior of the alt-right, froggers, neo-nazis, etc. That would certainly not be good for 'Murica overall.

As far as I can tell, in our latest event, the Antifa (and I mean the real deal, not false-flag stuff) were the perps of any violence in Portland (as they were apparently on Mayday). Plus, go and read their Facebook and other websites.

As long as you are worrying about both sides, I'm in. If you want to just focus on the conservatives/right wing, I think that's a mistake.

Frankly, I think the Left is full of fascists. The Mayor of Portland is at the top of that list, as are apparently a lot of the Antifa stuff I've been reading (Rose City Antifa, for example). If no police had been in Portland doing their jobs very well, my bet is that the Antifa would have been charging the "Trump Free Speech" group...or maybe vice versa, idiocy on either side.
    Oh the left wing anarchists and guerillas scare me even more, but for the most part those groups were marginalized a long time ago. But when was the last big, violent Left rally in America?

We mostly agree although I have to draw the line at the mayor. He's doing the best he can, he's got no good options, really.

The mayor of Portland is not a radical or violent nor does he have any stake in squelching speech...he DOES have a stake in limiting or stopping violence, so...like all leaders, he has a tough call to make.

Reagan would have had the pressure hoses out on the hippies. That's a lot worse than what the mayor did.

Page 4 of 29 First 1234567814 ... Last