Page 24 of 29 First ... 14202122232425262728 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Yeah ... I know how all Christian Nationalists and Isolationists feel when the KKK runs people over at their rally.
    Hmm, that's a deep statement. You mean there are "good" and "bad" Antifa? Or better and worse? Or the "movement" is getting co-opted by crazies?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Hmm, that's a deep statement. You mean there are "good" and "bad" Antifa? Or better and worse? Or the "movement" is getting co-opted by crazies?
    Berkley is lost to the wolves ...
    https://news.vice.com/story/veteran-...y-to-be-braver
    Here is an excellent article with people who are actual protesters and activists discussing Berkeley Antifa ... with Berkeley Antifa. Video too.

If someone is saying I am XXXXXX then doing things which undermine XXXXX's philosophy then they are bad XXXXXX's.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://rosecityantifa.org/#blog

These cats at least seem to stay on topic and don't seem to stray into some weird Alt-Reality version of fascists (looking at you Berkeley).
    Have they been smashing people up in the streets?
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Berkley is lost to the wolves ...
    https://news.vice.com/story/veteran-...y-to-be-braver
    Here is an excellent article with people who are actual protesters and activists discussing Berkeley Antifa ... with Berkeley Antifa. Video too.

If someone is saying I am XXXXXX then doing things which undermine XXXXX's philosophy then they are bad XXXXXX's.
    Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. Your deep Monkey thoughts are sometimes difficult for my sunburned scalp to grasp.

But, you know, BAMN saved the day at Berkley...

BAMN is in their pledge, too. It's cute, they even have a pledge. I'm betting that Ms. Felarco wrote the whole thing...
    http://www.bamn.com/

If I were to do a survey of Antifa websites, how many would have some sort of reference to bamn statement.
    Like I wrote, Rose City Antifa does...

BAMN, et al., on one side, Oathkeepers, et al., on the other side.

Me and Monkey in the middle, the voices of reason in the wilderness...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought you meant, but wanted to be sure. Your deep Monkey thoughts are sometimes difficult for my sunburned scalp to grasp.

But, you know, BAMN saved the day at Berkley...

BAMN is in their pledge, too. It's cute, they even have a pledge. I'm betting that Ms. Felarco wrote the whole thing...
    http://www.bamn.com/

If I were to do a survey of Antifa websites, how many would have some sort of reference to bamn statement.
    Like I wrote, Rose City Antifa does...

BAMN, et al., on one side, Oathkeepers, et al., on the other side.

Me and Monkey in the middle, the voices of reason in the wilderness...
    BAMN I am sure has had a place (many places) in history and if **** goes "bad bad" in the future... maybe once again.

BAMN at this point in the American Journey is ... hyperbole. Totally not relevant in any sort of reality involving America in 2017... tho some would say Charlottesville would be a good time to break out the BAMN language. I think it WAY too fucking early to be showcasing/brandishing BAMN speech and mentality.

Like drawing your concealed gun before you REALLY think you need shoot this person...you're thinking "maybe I can get the crazy fucker to back down". I think it's just a bad idea.

*edit*
    Not "you" you but general you.
    You know that, I am talking to them.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://rosecityantifa.org/#blog

These cats at least seem to stay on topic and don't seem to stray into some weird Alt-Reality version of fascists (looking at you Berkeley).
    Have they been smashing people up in the streets?
    They were involved in shenanigans in Portland, Word Trade meeting, and more recently. Rose City isn't so blatent, you have to read through their stuff to find the bamn statments. Like in their FAQ page.

As for openly advocating smashing people in the streets ? If you are referring to driving cars into protesters, no, not that I know of.

I posted a while back some links to stuff on FB (yeah, I know, Monkey no do FB) that were mealy mouthed about violent means. They also (read the FAQ) seem to think the government is complicit in supporting "fascists" when they support free speech rights of same. I agree with them that non-governmental groups can condemn, protest (peaceably, not sure they believe that), oppose, etc., stuff they disagree with, in public, but lawfully and peacefully. And that the government should protect protesters and keep the peace.

I'm not convinced that AF groups really buy into that. They seem to see the government as the oppressors (and damned if they are not right sometimes), and, well, BAMN oppose that. That ties in with their seeming anarchist leanings.

Again, look at the RCAF FAX link I posted, and look for reference to anarchists...

Dude, I'm sorry, I can't support anarchy in any form or fashion in reality. I'm not a Mad Max scenario kind of guy.

Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fight in 'empathy tent' at UC Berkeley leads to 4 arrests

Yvonne Felarca, 47, was arrested for battery and resisting arrest, police said.

So much for empathy. Members of opposing political groups clashed Tuesday inside a so-called “empathy tent” on the campus of the University of California, Berkeley.

At least four people were arrested, police said.

The empathy tent was reportedly in place to offer protesters a calm place to unwind amid the chaos around them. But the tent ultimately offered little respite — and nearly toppled during clashes between conservative students and leftist activists, the Los Angeles Times reported.

“It’s tough, but we do what we can to foster dialogue,” said Edwin Fulch, who reportedly used the tent for talks about the virtues of meditation and the Occupy Wall Street movement.

The protest was led by Joey Gibson, leader of a group called Patriot Prayer. Gibson had called for a rally after student organizers canceled a planned “Free Speech Week.”

Counterprotesters determined to shut the event down got into shouting matches and scuffles with Gibson and his supporters inside the tent and later in a city park.

Left-wing activist Yvonne Felarca was arrested for battery and resisting arrest, police said. Three men were arrested on charges including possession of body armor, carrying a banned weapon and participating in a riot.

David Marquis, who identified himself as a senior at the school, said he was tired of the protests on campus. Marquis was outside the protest area and described the scene.

“If you look at them, it’s ridiculous,” Marquis told the Los Angeles Times. “You’ve got a guy with purple hair with a f—ing lightsaber talking about Hitler. It’s hard for me to take any of this seriously.”

Source:
    http://aktk.in/fight-in-empathy-tent...-to-4-arrests/
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BAMN I am sure has had a place (many places) in history and if **** goes "bad bad" in the future... maybe once again.

BAMN at this point in the American Journey is ... hyperbole. Totally not relevant in any sort of reality involving America in 2017... tho some would say Charlottesville would be a good time to break out the BAMN language. I think it WAY too fucking early to be showcasing/brandishing BAMN speech and mentality.

Like drawing your concealed gun before you REALLY think you need shoot this person..."you're thinking maybe I can get the crazy fucker to back down". I think it's just a bad idea.
    I see what you mean for sure. Bamn is something that we all would have to do if our government truly went sideways and headed towards real fascism. That would be a VERY grim scenario, because in that case the military would likely get involved, and despite all the militia/AR15/mycolddeadhands stuff people like to spout (mostly on the "right"), fighting trained professional soldiers is not something many people would survive for long.

I don't think we are anywhere near that level of crisis.

BAMN (the org) seems to be trying to frame themselves as a new civil rights movement, complete with references to MLK.

They let themselves get distracted by clowns like Milo, though...taking their eyes off the ball.

They are kind like the right wing militia types, but the other extreme, come to think of it. Sort of...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see what you mean for sure. Bamn is something that we all would have to do if our government truly went sideways and headed towards real fascism. That would be a VERY grim scenario, because in that case the military would likely get involved, and despite all the militia/AR15/mycolddeadhands stuff people like to spout (mostly on the "right"), fighting trained professional soldiers is not something many people would survive for long.

I don't think we are anywhere near that level of crisis.

BAMN (the org) seems to be trying to frame themselves as a new civil rights movement, complete with references to MLK.

They let themselves get distracted by clowns like Milo, though...taking their eyes off the ball.

They are kind like the right wing militia types, but the other extreme, come to think of it. Sort of...
    Yep... just coming in weak knee'ed underarmed and pawing at the air when you try to stack them up that way against the right.
    Still nothing like scoping in on Military and Police units while freaking out about JADEHELM.

... but yeah. America is not in need of the BAMN !!!! or BAMF !!! divisive over the top horse ****.
    It is one of the reasons I despise 1bad65 and his Team bullshit.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    boxing, gjj
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ms. Felarca once again in trouble for allegedly being violent...
    Antifa leader, teacher Yvonne Felarca arrested at 'empathy tent' Berkeley brawl

A middle school teacher-turned-Antifa leader was among the four people arrested after opposing political groups clashed Tuesday inside a so-called “empathy tent” at the University of California, Berkeley.
    She debated Tucker Carlson not too long ago. She's a real loon, and a violent one at that.

Somehow she's not in prison, and even scarier is still teaching children.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Page 24 of 29 First ... 14202122232425262728 ... Last