Page 12 of 29 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Nut bag delivery system what a great way to get your message out.
    I'm sorry, I was wrong, the death penalty in Oregon is actually administered with poison.

It's a strong message. Hateful violence on this level deserves no quarter.

Let them come; we'll poison, burn, or shoot every last one.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I'm sorry, I was wrong, the death penalty in Oregon is actually administered with poison.

It's a strong message. Hateful violence on this level deserves no quarter.
    Not if he's crazy legally...

It'll be interesting to see if they ask for the death penalty or not. I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun doing a mental evaluation on him.

We'll see if he's capable I'm even vaguely helping in his own defense.

He's claiming self-defense so far so...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not if he's crazy legally...

It'll be interesting to see if they ask for the death penalty or not. I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun doing a mental evaluation on him.

We'll see if he's capable I'm even vaguely helping in his own defense.

He's claiming self-defense so far so...
    I know at least one of the people involved that died personally, and I'm fairly certain he had negative fighting skills. From all reports so far, no one touched him and none of them were armed. This also isn't even his first stabbing. That was something race related too that happened outside a donut shop back in February.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I know at least one of the people involved that died personally, and I'm fairly certain he had negative fighting skills. From all reports so far, no one touched him and none of them were armed. This also isn't even his first stabbing. That was something race related too that happened outside a donut shop back in February.
    The plot thickens. I get what you're saying but a self-defense claim won't really matter what the person's fighting skills were.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it was self-defense.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The plot thickens. I get what you're saying but a self-defense claim won't really matter what the person's fighting skills were.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it was self-defense.
    My point was that at least one of the people that got shanked is intensely non-threatening. That defense is going to hold up for all of about five minutes in court. At best.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    My point was that at least one of the people that got shanked is intensely non-threatening. That defense is going to hold up for all of about five minutes in court. At best.
    Apparently he went to the aid of the two girls being threatened by a large, obviously deranged man, so he wasn't exactly a *****.

Oh, it will take a lot longer than 5 minutes if it gets to that point.

First they have to determine if he is capable of aiding in his own defense and all that. That will require med/psych eval, and then a hearing on the results of that, complete with expert testimony. Essentially, possibly a "mini-trial" (by judge).

If he isn't, they can have him committed and treated until (if it's possible) he can do so. Whatever Oregon state code and the associated OCR requires.

Judging from his behavior and record, he appears to be a difficult person to deal with at best...
    Last edited by BKR; 7/31/2017 11:34am at .

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole thing is also a good lesson in confronting people. It's a sad and tragic lesson, for sure, but a lesson nonetheless.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This whole thing is also a good lesson in confronting people. It's a sad and tragic lesson, for sure, but a lesson nonetheless.
    There could be several good take aways.
    1.Never be in touching range of an angry person unless you want touch them.

2. If there is a need for violence, there is no need to talk about it.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    There could be several good take aways.
    1.Never be in touching range of an angry person unless you want touch them.

2. If there is a need for violence, there is no need to talk about it.
    Yep and yep...

Plus, EVERYONE is ARMED (knife, gun, etc.)...

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Good. They should fry him, and his message.
    The numbers say it's cheaper to do life with no parole. I am pro-death generally speaking but anti-death penalty for financial reasons.

Page 12 of 29 First ... 2891011121314151622 ... Last