Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617
  1. #161

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    624
    Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I don't know, man, it just seems like you're disregarding his own statement above out and out, and diagnosing him with a dysphoria, a psychological condition, that he himself says he doesn't feel like he has. Your only evidence for this to be the case is trans people start at "crossdressing and then seeing if the need to present as their desired gender increases", which is somewhat at loggerheads with the regularly cited transgender idea of a female brain in a male body and vice versa. I'm not saying it is completely at odds, but your point raises the questions for me.

    I mean, Riley literally says he loves his "useful and attractive and relatively healthy" body and has in the past stated he won't be transitioning. That is the furthest from the definition of dysphoria as one could get, yet he's changing his body. And because of society? Read his blog entry again, the only time he mentions his thoughts about his own body is positive, but he appears to harbour some sort of paranoia that others don't like him.

    I'd like to see some evidence of people starting at cross dressing and moving on to hormones as desire increases, however, there would have to be some serious backing to it cause it appears to me that there is some definitive indoctrination going on in circles where this might be the case. Yes, I am discrediting the evidence before it comes out, but if you have it, please show it.

    There is many videos on the net of prepubescent boys in the majority (how interesting!), who dress and act as young girls and in the videos present these heartfelt pleas to be accepted as transgender. Now, I have severe reservations about many of these videos floating around considering how the parents influence, nay, coerce the children to speak on the topic, but some appear like they are genuinely happy with their decision to become a girl. The latter is an example of what I understand the push to accept transgender is representing, that being that the kid knew from a young age they were the opposite gender.

    So by saying essentially, "well, they grow into their transgenderism", it must be clear that it is not the accepted narrative, that narrative is that transgenderism is an innate nature from birth for that small population who experience dysphoria.

    And if the argument is now that transgenderism is not an innate nature, then you have to accept that the underlying agenda has nothing to do with being transgender and is an ideological imposition that is using transgenderism as its way to obfuscate the fact that they are implementing a way to police language, and therefore limit your freedoms.

    Murica. Straya.
    I wasnt trying to imply you 'grow into dysphoria' not at all. I have two fully transitioned friends through uni and both said to me that when they were younger and questioning, they experimented with crossdressing and found as time went on they needed to do it more and wanted it more, realizing that this was who they are. Dysphoria from how they both described it seemed like something identified earlier in life that they pushed down, and once they started to explore it, they went deeper down the rabbit hole until it just clicked that this is what needed to be done. I also last year working on an animated film about a gender dysphoric character as part of a group assignment and had to gather as much informaiton as i could from interviewing and talking to trans people through resources in Manchester Pride and whatever I could get my hands on, and it seemed a common thread among people I spoke to. Not to say that's the be all and end all, but I found it seemed like crossdressing was more a gateway for gender questioning people to explore their identities and it goes from there. That's not to say crossdresser do it for the same reasons, it's just one possible way for people. Other's know a bit more solidly and don't do that and just go straight for full transition, like one of the members at the gym I work at.

    I think you've possibly taken my comment a little off it's meaning and are presenting the idea that Im arguing transgenderism/dysphoria are not innate, which I disagree with horribly. I don't see how one could be in dysphoric distress without something being innately off, especially given it apparently starts at a young age and only gets worse the longer it's left.

    Riley's never come off to me as the most sensible source of info on the matter, because as we talked about a few posts ago, I stand with Blair's perspective, not an SJW type. Riley may well have gone privately to purchase hormones now that I think about it, it's not terribly common for people to be given hormones (well, legally that is) without some sort of gender dysphoria diagnosis to my knowledge. Then again, there are people willing to sell them illegally for a lot of money.

    So it could either be Riley is paranoid like you said, actually has a form of mild dysphoria, or is transitioning simply to proove a point. 2 out of 3 of these make me question Riley's sanity (well, besides being so quick to call people racist/sexist/transphobic/homophobic).
    Last edited by kimjonghng; 8/24/2017 8:16am at .

  2. #162

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    624
    Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to double post but I'm adding to my last post.

    Believe me, nothing disgusts me more than parents trying to influence there kids to believe they are trans, and as you'd have seen in some of Blair's videos, there's people who do this and it creeps me out. Weaponizing children to push a narrative or ideology is going to mess the children up first and foremost, but eventually show that ideology up as utter lunacy. If the idea is to let people be what they want then they cant force a child to be that way as proof of it working, that defeats the objectives, and betrays the freedoms principles.

    Susansplace.org has a forum for trans people if you're interested in reading further. Usually people explore gender identity through gender expression/self presentation, and clothing is definitely an easy go-to for that, though there are other ways (apparently. I dont tend to think of activities as inherently gendered if that makes sense).

    I've been pretty involved in LGBT groups growing up so I've got some insights, but can't speak for everyone and don't claim to.

  3. #163
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,474
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet, it seems like we're in agreement, kimjonghng. It is likely that Riley is insane.

    Anyway, my hope is those with gender dysphoria get the help they need and anyone without it that is just jumping on the wagon because it is the latest and cool thing to do grows the **** up, and anyone pushing an agenda gets fucked in the faceholes repeatedly by that device in Se7en.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  4. #164

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    624
    Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Sweet, it seems like we're in agreement, kimjonghng. It is likely that Riley is insane.

    Anyway, my hope is those with gender dysphoria get the help they need and anyone without it that is just jumping on the wagon because it is the latest and cool thing to do grows the **** up, and anyone pushing an agenda gets fucked in the faceholes repeatedly by that device in Se7en.
    When I was in high school here in the UK, being 'bi' was the cool thing for girls to do, funny that when confronted with an actual lesbian it got bad in my school once to the point of violence, and not the kind SJW's think it is.

    I get tired of trends like this I wonder where we will go in the future. Transracial and Otherkin next?
    Last edited by kimjonghng; 8/24/2017 5:55pm at .

  5. #165
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,474
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    I get tired of trends like this I wonder where we will go in the future. Transracial and Otherkin next?
    Next, or happening:
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  6. #166
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,500
    Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Next, or happening:
    I suppose you protested a lot to Tuvel's freedom of speech infringment.

  7. #167

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    624
    Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Next, or happening:
    meant to upvote.

    Heard of this one as well, hope this doesnt become a full blown fad either

  8. #168
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,610
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Next, or happening:
    Ha ha ha that one unfolded in a city about 2 hours away from me...was reading about it in the Spokane newspaper...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #169
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,474
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I suppose you protested a lot to Tuvel's freedom of speech infringment.
    I didn't see this, so had to look it up, don't worry, I'll do the work.

    I wrote out an opinion after a cursory read of the issue and realised it goes much deeper, so I won't comment on this.

    But I don't see how freedom of speech was infringed, care to enlighten me, DCS?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  10. #170

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    624
    Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I didn't see this, so had to look it up, don't worry, I'll do the work.

    I wrote out an opinion after a cursory read of the issue and realised it goes much deeper, so I won't comment on this.

    But I don't see how freedom of speech was infringed, care to enlighten me, DCS?
    that article made my eyes bleed. Between SJW Academia jargon and the idea of 'transracialism' as thing I dont know what hurts my head worse.

    The arguement for the transsexual medical explanation is something neurologically flawed, possibly linked to all fetuses starting as female and some things changing and not others. The arguement of transracialism cannot work with this theory and nothing except being brought up within that culture could possibly make sense. Even then, it is still identifying with a culture, not a race.

    The comment section is hilarious with it's back and forth swinging of 'the dysfunctional' as a subject, mental disorders, the usual jargon. Unoriginal, but hilarious.

Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in