Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    Shows what you know! They totally took Crimea with king fu skills alone. Not a single shot fired! All those images of Russian artillary were just fake news. And that 747... it was hit by a comet... or a chi ball. Not a missle.

    Long live Trump!
    Make Military Combatives Great Again!

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    We need to take this comment back to MABS and find out what the hell is going on here!
    To be MABS-worthy, we should start with an accurate statement.

    GOOD porn is heavily edited.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    135
    Style
    Wrestling/MMA/HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Based on what exactly? What feat of military might have the Russian army ever pulled off? Seriously any victories they have is by quantity not quality.
    The Russian military in reality may be terrible in quality, but we do owe them (specifically Tukhachevsky) for the development of deep operations doctrine (linking the strategic and the tactical).

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,540
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    The Russian military in reality may be terrible in quality, but we do owe them (specifically Tukhachevsky) for the development of deep operations doctrine (linking the strategic and the tactical).
    You are fucking kidding right?
    Linking Strategic and Tactical? What the hell does that even mean? And what before then people had strategy and tactics but were too stupid to use them together?

    That sounds like early B.C. Greek or Roman writings.

    But then again I am no Russian Military Historian. Or even a Historian for that matter. Anyone have a link or info on this concept?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  5. #15
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,645
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    GOOD porn is heavily edited.
    GREAT porn is a continuous shot.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    283
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hand to hand is still a part of individual and unit training programs, according to unit type. You will need to use an on-line translator. I suspect there is something to be said for sticking to the basics, especially when most of the time people don't have a service weapon -- except when they're in the field or on duty and it is appropriate. And, individual combat training is useful for fitness, morale, confidence, and warrior spirit, all of which remain of value in the 21st century, even if bayonet charges no longer clear the field of enemy combatants.

    Overall list of training topics:
    http://voenservice.ru/katalog_dokume...oy-podgotovki/

    Hand to hand section, amended 2013.
    http://voenservice.ru/katalog_dokume...opashnyiy-boy/

    There is a chart that describes the level of training for different types of organizations, cadets, support troops, infantry, special units, and intelligence units. There is a matrix for skill-to-expected need and value of the training.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    You are fucking kidding right?
    Linking Strategic and Tactical? What the hell does that even mean? And what before then people had strategy and tactics but were too stupid to use them together?

    That sounds like early B.C. Greek or Roman writings.

    But then again I am no Russian Military Historian. Or even a Historian for that matter. Anyone have a link or info on this concept?
    It is an actual doctrine of war, developed by the Soviets after taking a beating in WWI as well as from Japan and Poland. I think the emphasis on "operations" is because Deep Battle regards operations as a distinct component of warfare. Not that it is a profound concept, so much as the Soviets officially defined it and regarded it as a distinct part of overall warfare strategy.

    It really isn't anything revolutionary, and if not for officially defining operations as a uniquely separate component of warfare, I doubt it would be much more than over intellectualized drivel.

    Aikido is based on sound intellectual and scientific principles too.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    Hand to hand is still a part of individual and unit training programs, according to unit type. You will need to use an on-line translator. I suspect there is something to be said for sticking to the basics, especially when most of the time people don't have a service weapon -- except when they're in the field or on duty and it is appropriate. And, individual combat training is useful for fitness, morale, confidence, and warrior spirit, all of which remain of value in the 21st century, even if bayonet charges no longer clear the field of enemy combatants.

    Overall list of training topics:
    http://voenservice.ru/katalog_dokume...oy-podgotovki/

    Hand to hand section, amended 2013.
    http://voenservice.ru/katalog_dokume...opashnyiy-boy/

    There is a chart that describes the level of training for different types of organizations, cadets, support troops, infantry, special units, and intelligence units. There is a matrix for skill-to-expected need and value of the training.
    Huh??

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    283
    Style
    Karate
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grouchy Old Man, I thought someone had asked a question about current combatives training in the current Russian army, so I tried to answer the question with a primary source document.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    513
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtnira View Post
    Grouchy Old Man, I thought someone had asked a question about current combatives training in the current Russian army, so I tried to answer the question with a primary source document.
    It wasn't completely off topic, just didn't fit with the direction this conversation had taken, so I wasn't really sure how to place it.

    Although anathema to ymas, I'm going to try to steer back to the OP, and give some shred of relevance to the topic at hand.

    Does the current Combatives curriculum you linked to accurately represent ARB as referred to by the OP and taught in the civilian world?

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in