Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I think those kinds of practices are context-driven in their application. Or at least should be contacts driven.

For example if I'm trying to collar choke someone and I start to put a lot of pressure on their jaw I stopped trying to collar choke them because the point is to do the technique of the collar choke not just crush someone's jaw to get them to tap or somehow lift their chin.

It's pretty typical white belt behavior in my experience to try one thing and one thing only and keep trying it even if it's obviously not working because well he's a white belt and he doesn't really know what much what else to do.

So for a highly skilled individual such as yourself to just grind on somebody's jaw is pretty crappy.

For a 265-pound plus Jiu Jitsu black belt to tap a110 pound female white belt by knee on belly is crappy.

So it's all about the context.
    the jaw will fail if I squeeze overtop. I squeeze slow just like I extend slow with armbars, but if I let a student pretend blocking a choke with their jaw worked I would be doing them a disservice.

Obviously don't hurt your partners is the most important thing but it's a legal this to do in bjj and mma. I teach my students the proper escapes. Blocking with the jaw isn't it.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    the jaw will fail if I squeeze overtop. I squeeze slow just like I extend slow with armbars, but if I let a student pretend blocking a choke with their jaw worked I would be doing them a disservice.

Obviously don't hurt your partners is the most important thing but it's a legal this to do in bjj and mma. I teach my students the proper escapes. Blocking with the jaw isn't it.
    I get it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a dick, he is a douche.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456