Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,777
    Style
    Pumping iron
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is what was envisioned when this thread was created, but I always get asked "who do you want to/ think will win?" when watching any UFC and for the most part my response is along the lines of telling them that I really don't care as long as it is a good fight. In fact, I pretty much forget the outcome of a fight the moment they leave the cage and I certainly don't really follow fighters "careers". That may be the result of many hits to the head, but there are people who are able to rattle off the results, and even more disturbingly, blow for blow descriptions of parts of the fight that occurred months, even years ago. It's usually from someone that doesn't train and who is a "casual fan".

    I mean, I remember names of fighters that put in a good appearance, but fucked if I could tell you who they beat, when and how.

    Maybe I need a UFC magazine subscription?

    Anyway, I don't know if it is just me and I don't know if this thread is for this type of rant, but it's here now and y'all can suck on it if you don't like it.
    Preach! But do go see a neurologist.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  2. #32
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,777
    Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I guess you've seen her on the Wild World of Sports thing that's been going on ABC? I think she is done with MMA. Some will pick her up as a commentator, most likely. She's good on screen, knowledgeable, and still pretty popular. It would be a good move.
    I just looked it up. I don't get it. Why is that noteworthy?
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,251
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omoplatypus View Post
    Why wasn't there a cruiser division to begin with?
    Not in MMA

  4. #34
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,206
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I just looked it up. I don't get it. Why is that noteworthy?
    I don't know. It's funny, because as I watch that show, they keep replaying years and years of the show. Like they have been doing it for decades and this is the first I've ever seen of it. Weird. But I'm thinking ABC is trying her on for size to use her in other sports stuff. Or her agent is working that direction.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #35
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,777
    Style
    Pumping iron
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is what was envisioned when this thread was created, but I always get asked "who do you want to/ think will win?" when watching any UFC and for the most part my response is along the lines of telling them that I really don't care as long as it is a good fight. In fact, I pretty much forget the outcome of a fight the moment they leave the cage and I certainly don't really follow fighters "careers". That may be the result of many hits to the head, but there are people who are able to rattle off the results, and even more disturbingly, blow for blow descriptions of parts of the fight that occurred months, even years ago. It's usually from someone that doesn't train and who is a "casual fan".

    I mean, I remember names of fighters that put in a good appearance, but fucked if I could tell you who they beat, when and how.

    Maybe I need a UFC magazine subscription?

    Anyway, I don't know if it is just me and I don't know if this thread is for this type of rant, but it's here now and y'all can suck on it if you don't like it.
    Serious answer: Following fighters' careers is very interesting to me. Watching as the story of the rise AND fall of a great fighter unfolds before us. Only the stage of combat sports provides that.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  6. #36
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    That may be the result of many hits to the head, but there are people who are able to rattle off the results, and even more disturbingly, blow for blow descriptions of parts of the fight that occurred months, even years ago. It's usually from someone that doesn't train and who is a "casual fan".
    I watch fights and matches like I am studying for an exam.
    I can generally recall exact successful blocks and attack sequences from years and years ago. I have entire games and habbits of fighters memorized. I can accurately mimic those sequences generally, as long as it doesn't require Anthony Pettis level of kickboxing dexterity.
    I also bet on fights and win quite a bit.

    I don't think there is a wrong way to enjoy fights but most people dont watch each component as intently as I do.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 8/03/2017 11:56am at .

  7. #37
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,410
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I watch fights and matches like I am studying for an exam.
    I can generally recall exact successful blocks and attack sequences from years and years ago. I have entire games and habbits of fighters memorized. I can accurately mimic those sequences generally, as long as it doesn't require Anthony Pettis level of kickboxing dexterity.
    I also bet on fights and win quite a bit.

    I don't think there is wrong way to enjoy fights but most people dont watch each component as intently as I do.

    I take this for granted when talking to people with more experience, about anything.
    You don't know what you don't know!

  8. #38
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,523
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I take this for granted when talking to people with more experience, about anything.
    You don't know what you don't know!
    When people execute techniques flawlessly I get awe struck. Watching Ronda transition was poetry in motion. She was like a moving text book on timing and succession. I would watch one of her fights for like an hour. Pausing and rewinding ,etc.,etc.
    Last edited by Raycetpfl; 8/03/2017 12:04pm at .

  9. #39
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,777
    Style
    Pumping iron
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gegard Mousasi is one of the few fighters who's character I like.

    You know why, he's honest. There is no pretense in him. Despite the audience, he's not trying to be funny or clever, he's not trying to impress. When he speaks, it feels genuine.


    Cool dude.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in